Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 07:13   #1

Hola!, new to sailing, looking for a sailing job

Hi, I'm Jess from Florida. I'm a bit new to the sailing world, however i've always been VERY interested in it, and especially in owning my own boat eventually. Sounds silly, but I grew up living in preserved state parks, surfing, scuba diving, fishing, etc, so i've always made the ocean a huge part of my life, and to me, the ultimate thing for someone as free spirited as myself is to travel and live via sailboat! I'm currently living out of a suitcase, so i'm leaving no real ties behind, except for a vehical and lots of surfboards in storage.
I'm currently looking for work in the Cocoa Beach or St. Augustine area with or around boats, just to learn as much as possible, and I'm also looking to sail with anyone who needs a hand keeping the boat clean and tidy. As long as i'm not paying anything and i'm making a little bit of money and learning, i'm happy. It can be long term or short term. the sky is the limit.
I'm also a surfer, a musician (singer songwriter guitarist) so the guitar comes along, and i have a beautiful siamese himalayan cat less than a year old who actually isin't too bothered by the water. She's been going to the beach since she was born.
I'm up for traveling to other countries, and i do have a passport ready to go. Anything I can find to help me learn as much as possible (and of course help me pay for food, etc) is appreciated.
Thanks for having me!
Jessica
JLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 18:34   #2

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Jessica,
Welcome aboard! I hope you find the position that suits you. It sounds like your attitude is positive and that's a big step in the right direction. Having a Siamese cat is always a plus.
Kind regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote