Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 23:45   #1

Hi Ya'll

Joe and I are liveaboards on a 34' Morgan Classic...headed to where the weather suits my clothes...lol...I have a good shot of my vessel under Christmass lights I put up the other day. The shot was taken from across the dock from a friend we have made here. Great meople sailors, still working on likeing cruiser prople. They tend to have no respect for people under full sails on the ICW. Most i have met are rude and have more money than sence, and have women with little yapping dogs....anowing when you are tied next to them and the dog does not shut up....OK....Bad experince with Cruiser people...sorry if I offend...

Pic attached

Sheri

Attached Images

sheridando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:11   #2

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
Not a cruiser yet but definitely friendly...come on by beers on me...just ignore them...no different then driven in rush hour traffic...some jerk will always tourque you off..it's your choice to let it bother you or not.

Welcome Aboard

Edit :
Just to clarify cruiser can be either/or power or sail in our vernacular...no distinction.

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Stillraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 14:01   #3

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Sheri and Joe,
Welcome aboard! Hope you also have some good experience with cruisers since you'll become one as soon as you head for "where the weather suits your clothes." There are a lot of great cruisers on this forum and maybe you'll be able to hook up with a few.
Kind regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 14:32   #4
Eternal Member

Boat: Simpson, Catamaran, 46ft. IMAGINE
It won't be long, and the cruising lifestyle will restore your faith in humans again. Mostly you will be offered kindness, and generosity of knowledge......Welcome to the forum, and BEST WISHES in finding that goodness soon!
imagine2frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 17:54   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
Hi Sheri and welcome to CrusiersForum. I am guessing that you are referring to power boaters as having no respect for sailing vessels.

Hmmm... Hard to figure. Sailors are cruisers too. Hope you get to toss the lines and head south soon. I presume the suitable clothes you have aren't parkas and snow boots and you aren't heading north - LOL...
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 18:18   #6

Boat: Ranger 22, currently saving for a larger cruising boat
Hi Sheri, Hi Joe welcome aboard, I hope that you will find us friendly, I don't know why powerboaters don't like us sailors but I guess it is the argument over which is better power or sail and they don't like it that we win. =) If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Old 10-12-2008, 20:35   #7

Boat: hunter 31 " Jacobs Dream"
Send a message via ICQ to Charlesc Send a message via Yahoo to Charlesc
come enjoy some southern hospitality,, its 68 outside now and im in t-shirt and shorts..:-)
Charlesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 22:38   #8

Thank Ya'll

I am from Alabama...and until we took possesition of this vessel.. I had only read books on sailing ...Joe taught me the real meaning of lines...no roller furlling here...old school...and Cruisers have been nothing but content for us down the ICW...Never even caring of a vessel under fullsails in destress..and the women..and their nappy little dogs....need to be put to sea...they have no need on the water...I am bitter and in need comfort...never in the port's we have been in or in the ICW have I found a (CRUISER CHICK) with compassion...in a bad place....bad day at sea...sorry...just venting...

(No Dog's at sea unless they are for carb bait!)

Sheri
sheridando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 19:43   #9

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridando View Post
I am from Alabama...and until we took possesition of this vessel.. I had only read books on sailing ...Joe taught me the real meaning of lines...no roller furlling here...old school...and Cruisers have been nothing but content for us down the ICW...Never even caring of a vessel under fullsails in destress..and the women..and their nappy little dogs....need to be put to sea...they have no need on the water...I am bitter and in need comfort...never in the port's we have been in or in the ICW have I found a (CRUISER CHICK) with compassion...in a bad place....bad day at sea...sorry...just venting...

(No Dog's at sea unless they are for carb bait!)

Sheri

Ah...come on now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	102_0224.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	6477  

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Stillraining is offline   Reply With Quote