Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2007, 10:10   #1

Hi to All from Ontario, Canada

We purchased a 1987 41' Morgan Classic on the Chesapeake bay Rock Hall MA last winter with a burned electrical system. We rewired her and late May with my wife and daughter we sailed her back the long way, north to Cape Cod, Nova Scotia,PEI and St. Lawrence river to Near Picton on lake Ontario. About 2500 miles and 40 days in total and yes there was some weather!
She, the "Blue Puffin", is here to get the usual, as well as some unusual equipment up grades then off to, you guessed it, the Caribbean next year.
I look forward to some good discussions as well as talking with other 41 Morgan sailors.
Tom
breakaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:00   #2
Building a Bateau TW28

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bateau TW28 Long Cabin
Welcome aboard fello cannuck Tom! Tell us more about your trip. Pics? You passed right by us, we're in Iroquois about a half klick from the Seaway lock you passed through.
knottybuoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:04   #3

Welcome breakaway, this is a great board. Where near Picton do you keep your boat? We were at Belleville this past year, not sure were we're going to land next year. Did you get a chance to check out the Bras d'Or lakes on your way through the maritimes? That's a trip we'd like to do when we finally pull the pin.
jdoe71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:10   #4

Happy Thanksgiving day Canada

Thankyou both for your replies. As for pics of the trip we got lots so when I get them on this computer and have a high speed line, (comming soon), Id love to share them. We also have video of beluga whales swiming at our transom and all around us. They would swim on their side so they could look up with that perpetual smile and see us only 4 feet away. We also got pics of a shark bigger than anything I have ever seen swimming off the transom just north of Cape Cod. He was 25 feet and his head was as big as a hood of a pickup truck. I think there are only two sharks that size, Great White and Whale Shark.
The sea life was the high point of our trip but the East coast people were the real stars. You will never meet more friendly, helpful, generous people.
We never got time to do the Bras d'Or lakes and the weather was very cold so we sailed through the Canso canal.
We ate lots of fish some we caught the rest was given to us by fishermen. We bought lobster for 4-5 dollars a pound off the docks.
End of October our Morgan goes to Belleville for winter storage. We are on our way to Virgina to work on a really cool 8.7 Columbia Super Cruiser we just bought to sail back. She will be for sale next spring here on lake Ontario.
Catch ya later turkeys in the oven
Tom
breakaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:40   #5

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Tom,
Welcome aboard!! Sounds like you have some good sea stories. Thanks for sharing your cruise. Someday I'd like to try that area. Lots of questions and answers on this forum.
Kind Regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:28   #6

Boat: 1969 30 Mariner Sedan Cruiser
Welcome aboard from our Wet West Coast, although it is trying to be sunny this Monday Thanksgiving weekend. I'm going to the boat today to see how much water made it into my boat after our few monsoon rains, much to early this year.
rsn48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:31   #7

Welcome. Some great Caribbean logs have been written by cruisers from Ontario:

Destiny's big trip, page 1

BoatUS.com Cruising Log

Wind-Borne III - Journal Entries
slomotion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Canada, ontario