Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 18:20   #31

Glad to see

a friendly group. who know how to tease proper!
Lance W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 18:26   #32
Senior Cruiser

Boat: 1980 Endeavour 43 (Ketch)
ahhh damn it Cat ... a year earlier or two years from now!!!!! Locked into the W*%k thang. :::sigh:::
S/V Elusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:43   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by catbluemoon
Give a girl a break!

So, i just uploaded the picture.....do i have validity NOW?
Not really,the FP in the picture,isn't the vessle you are on.In fact there is someone on the boat allready.Then again,if I had a picture of myself under the Brooklyn bridge,maybe I could sell it.For real validation,I would be asking for a few photos onboard with a few different date/time thingies at the bottom of the photo's.Surely your duggout canoe isnt the only pic ya have.If ya owned a boat like that you would have party pics by the ton,after all it's a big cat,so are you.At least the boat is real,and not that old by the look of it.Mudnut.
mudnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 13:36   #34

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran
I only have one question:

Have you been a girl all your life?
senormechanico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 15:58   #35

Would be nice if this is the real deal. I actually had a lovely women with a yacht come up to me when I was clearing in my own boat and she was looking for a skipper to sail her's back to the Canaries.

She was ligit and a lovely Norwegian women with a lovely Swedish yacht. After 3 months or more of fun on two yachts, I hooked her up with a skipper and I did another delivery for cash to SA.

So this can happen... but I suppose it is more likely in paradise. hahahaha

jef
sv shiva
Sandero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 18:22   #36

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Athena
Ye of little faith....been burned a time or two, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudnut
Not really,the FP in the picture,isn't the vessle you are on.In fact there is someone on the boat allready.Then again,if I had a picture of myself under the Brooklyn bridge,maybe I could sell it.For real validation,I would be asking for a few photos onboard with a few different date/time thingies at the bottom of the photo's.Surely your duggout canoe isnt the only pic ya have.If ya owned a boat like that you would have party pics by the ton,after all it's a big cat,so are you.At least the boat is real,and not that old by the look of it.Mudnut.
Several real men have contacted me via private mail and they have received more pictures of the catamaran and more of me. I may be posting on this site and enduring lots of mean spirited comments, but i am not stupid enough to post pictures for photo collectors. But, nice try.
catbluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 18:41   #37

Boat: OP's boats! Charter big cats and race big monos!
You go Girl!
We have had some friendly PM's and while I am not available for such a venture, married and teen daughter.

I am new here also and can see that some are not so kind...i know you are for real and have staed your intentions.

I hope we meet somewhere on ilon and can share some cold ones someday!

Here's my crew June' 07 BVI's!
saildoggie/BVI07 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Saildoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 18:48   #38

Send a message via AIM to sluissa
I know I'm a bit late, but I wish I could consider it. Tied down by school for a couple more years though unfortunately. I'm not too picky, although I really would prefer a mono.
sluissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 19:21   #39
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
A mono? you're obviously in the middle of a nightmare... go back to sleep and it will be better in the morning.

Ms catbluemoon I suspect all concerned will get everything they deserve by pursuing this thread.

Good Luck
Tropic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 02:51   #40

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
ARRRRGGG!!! Women owning boats now are they??? Next, they be wantin to vote!!!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 03:02   #41

Blue,

Sorry to read that you get mean spirited comments frpm people here. The interenet it full of fakes, phonies, scams of all sorts... so when people read something too good to be true... it usually is and so assumptions are made and the worst is assumed. I think in view of the entire internat "dating" genre you should expect a whole range of reactions.

On the other hand, being single, available, with a nice a yacht is no guaranty that you will meet the person and suitable companion let alone the person of your dreams. Now that there are sailing forums one would think that the reach is wider and there is a fair amount of automatic filtering going on. Yet an awful lot of junk is getting through. I suppose you would expect that. And of course there is a lot of the challenges such as show me the goods sort of thing from skeptics. It's all part of the game.

Most people who are bitten by sailing make a go of it on their own and if they are involved hope that the sig other gets the bug or will at least come along with mild support. Single people, such as myself at the time, just went about pursuing the dream and assumed that it would all work out in the end. But I did prepare myself for single handing because I didn't want to depend on someone who I needed to find in order to sail the blue. And so after 6 years, or so of preparation and learning... I was at the point of casting off the dock lines without that companion to share the experience with. I set off alone.

I met many other single handed sailors out there in the tropics pursuing similar dreams... mostly men, but a few women too and remarkable people... all of them. Here is a poem I wrote for a lady sailor I met in St Maarten.

NANA
I have not a crystal
Nor relic nor stone
For you to keep
As a memory of me
Safe in your home
I have only my thoughts
And good wishes for you
To hold in my heart
As we sail the same blue
When out there at night
Alone in heavenly light
Keep this clear as you gaze off
to infinite sight
That a sailor somewhere
Keeps a piece
Of your spirit
Safe in his place
When sparkles glitter
O'er waves so bright
In daytime too
I'll remember your light
Nana, spirit so pure
Nana, heart so kind
A sailor so out there
Forever, now a place in my mind
Though oceans apart
It's the same sea we sail
The same dream we share
The same force that drives
Our sails over there
A life full of freedom
A life of concern
For wisdom and kindness
Yet no one to spurn
I leave you now
To our one planet earth
To discover and cherish
What each one is worth

Our time has been short
We don't make the rules
The game must go on
We know we're not fools
We captain our ships
Through calm seas or gale
Seeking some dream
While passing a whale
Time to weigh anchor
And time to make way
Fair winds and following seas
May Nana find each and every day
Sandero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 05:32   #42

Boat: Lagoon 620
Send a message via Skype™ to Mustang Sally
wow woman with boat

Wish I could see the pics of you and the boat, for some reason nothing showing. Anyhow, I could be available, please send a personal net worth statement and brief outline of your knowledge of diesel engines and electrical systems.

Mustang Sally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 10:36   #43
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Gullible Aussie . . .

I know that catbluemoon is legitimate, and her search for a compatible sailor is sincere, but a story from Associated Press today is either a cautionary tale about seeking companionship on the internet, or an indictment of lovelorn Australian men.

"ADELAIDE, Australia (AP) -- An Australian farmer held hostage in Mali for 12 days by a gang of men who had posed as an online love interest has urged others to be careful when seeking romance on the Internet."

For the rest of the story, go to:

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/worl...Love-Scam.html

TaoJones
Old 13-08-2007, 10:51   #44
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Wow, Mali (what would you call 'em, Malians?) has gotten a better con going than Nigeria!
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 02:40   #45

Hey catbluemoon,

I wasn't looking to collect pics,or saying you were a fake.I just noticed that you were not on the boat mentioned and the photo was clearly focused on the boat and not you.PM ya heart out,and ya pics,but that photo didn't give validity to anything.

I personly see the beauty in every women I have ever met,young,old plump and thin.AS far as the "Real men" that have E-mailed ya,good luck,I am very sure you haven't met many,other wise you would allready be hooked up with one.And please don't forget.Real men are looking for real women as well,whether they collect photos or not.No nasties intended OK.Mudnut.
mudnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
single