Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-03-2014, 05:24   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon
Re: Hi, I'm New Here!

Hey there "Hi new here ex-lurker Sharon with the mysterious Mistress" !

Welcome to CF!

You now belong to the group that makes financially unwise decisions motivated by emotion, desire... and a good dose of selfishness...

We are all extremely adept at justifying said decisions and shunning advice, Oscar worthy or not...

There's a TON of great CFr's down in the NO area, and somebody in Slidell specifically... (this recollection brain cell is currently dormant though)

Ask... Use us... Do... Sail...

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 00:41   #17

Boat: Allied Mistress Ketch 39'

Thank you everyone for your welcomes!
@o-zone Mike, yes I will eventually have to move her to Texas. She sails well as is, but there are a lot of improvements I want to make. I am still open to Texas marina suggestions preferably below $9 ft. It will be very hard leaving the Slidell/New Orleans area because I now have several beloved friends there. It was hard leaving Carrabelle, FL and Pensacola for pretty much the same reason. Be jealous of the California cruisers when it comes to weather! Texas/Louisiana can be brutally hot and even cold at times. A 30 amp plug only runs one small heater. When your boat and the dock is coated in ice, well.... brrrrr.
@HappyMdRSailor, I somehow still believe that buying a larger boat wasn't selfish at all. More people can spend time on the boat and enjoy it and help me do stuff...so it's kind of a win-win. Right? Of course, it's always easiest to convince people to believe in your delusions if you believe them yourself. lol
ohYes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 03:38   #18

Boat: Freedom 38

Hey Sharon, congrats on the boat and the new adventures. I'm originally from Tallahassee so suspect we know the same people by several degrees of separation. I'm also a solo female sailor and bought my boat a year ago. I race single hand, but have met plenty of people who want to day sail so am never short of crew if I need them. You'll figure it all out. Just let us know how it's going. All the best to you!
gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 07:37   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohYes View Post
Thank you everyone for your welcomes!

@HappyMdRSailor, I somehow still believe that buying a larger boat wasn't selfish at all. More people can spend time on the boat and enjoy it and help me do stuff...so it's kind of a win-win. Right? Of course, it's always easiest to convince people to believe in your delusions if you believe them yourself. lol
Totally unselfish justification... You're a PRO ALREADY!!!!
You were born for this lifestyle....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamayun View Post
Hey Sharon, congrats on the boat and the new adventures. I'm originally from Tallahassee so suspect we know the same people by several degrees of separation. I'm also a solo female sailor and bought my boat a year ago. I race single hand, but have met plenty of people who want to day sail so am never short of crew if I need them. You'll figure it all out. Just let us know how it's going. All the best to you!
gamayun's a good'un!!!
Follow her lead!

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 16:24   #20

Boat: Allied Mistress Ketch 39'

Hey @gamayun, racing single-handed is intense!!! Racing girls are the coolest ever!

I am like a secret weapon when it comes to racing. When I was a little girl, my "imaginary" friend was the wind. In my starry-eyed dreamer world, it's possible to become friends with an element, especially when you're a child.

Here's what's odd. I have never been in a race where we placed less than 2nd and the last potential hurricane headed straight for my boat (Tropical Storm Karen last October) was torn apart by powerful wind shear. Hmmm...

So hopefully, the wind and I are still pretty tight. Having a boat is a big responsibility and I need all the help I can get. lol

I'm wondering if there some future cruising plans for the Freedom 38.
ohYes is offline   Reply With Quote