Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-06-2008, 06:34   #1

Hi guys 'n' gals :)

As a "new guy in town" i'd like to say hi to y'all so here it goes! Hi!

Im a total boatjunkie! have always been and forever will be.. i hope
I also got an urge to get my hands dirty ones in a while. if i cant hava screwdriver in my hands ones a week i'll get redrawls! i got sevear toolitis aswell!

Anyways.. We (the family, Wife, Susanna and daughter Michelle, 8yrs old) have a duch style 30' steel boat that me and my family use to go get some fresh air. No great voyages tho.. just 'round the corner but its still water round the corner too

Me and my wife are also building our retiermentplan (hopfully sooner tho!) a 60' steel Roberts. Raised the frames in may 2005 and right now preparing to internaly blast and paint.

Dont worry the red 'n' blue aint gonna stay. Its epoxy basecoat waiting for some fairing and topcoat.

-- Per Larsson / Sweden
larper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 06:43   #2
CF Adviser

Location: Wherever our boat is; Playa Zaragoza, Isla Margarita
Boat: 1994 Solaris Sunstream 40
Welcome Larper, she looks terrific - you should be very proud of youself. As the previous owner of a steel boat, I would recommend that you avoid fairing. If you have any collision impact, the fairing will tend to peel which only increases the area of damage/complexities of repair beyond the original dent. She is, afterall, steel so why not keep her looking that way?

Brad
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 17:34   #3

Boat: HUNTER 37 LEGEND VOYGAER
Welcome Captin'
Wish I had the fortitude to take on such a project......semi retired and accomplished joiner/cabinet maker and could probably accomplish the goal.....always sitting around complaining that I wish I had something to do.....I wonder what the neighbors would say if I had two or three truck loads of steel delivered to the back lawn......May the fair winds blow your way and have cool sunshiney days until she's complete.......keep updating us on the progress...
By all means WELCOME TO THE FORUM...some really great folks as you will find out
Peace to you and yours..
Robert A.
ROBERT A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 18:30   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
Quote:
Dont worry the red 'n' blue ain't gonna stay. Its epoxy base coat waiting for some fairing and topcoat.
Too bad because then we would know it's you. Looks pretty crazy as it is but they all look odd when you take them out of the water. Once you splash her they shrink in seconds. Keep up,the hard work, it looks like it is coming along just fine.
Pblais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:31   #5

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Larper,
Welcome aboard! I like the colors. It'd be a little hot on the barefeet for dark blue topsides though. Hope you enjoy the forum.
Kind regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote