Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-03-2010, 13:26   #1

Hi from San Diego

Well here goes . Our youngest is going off to college this fall and its just going to be the 2 of us . If we have enough money left to buy something bigger than a rubber raft we were thinking about buying a boat to live on .We like the idea of a sail boat . We don't know anything about sailing yet but would love to learn . We are ready for our next big change in life . We welcome all comments and look forward to chatting with you all . We have been told the boating community is a very friendly bunch, We sure hope so because we like to get to know our neighbors. We moved from Oregon 10 years ago, wow that was a change, now that the kids are going to be gone we are ready for another change......
Steve and Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 04:26   #2

Boat: Med Yachts 62 Trawler
Welcome to the Forum! You've found the best place to ask all of your questions and get the answers you need. And even a few opinions here and there...

San Diego is a great place for boating - if you can afford the price of admission. Best of luck with your search and the new adventure!

Old 29-03-2010, 09:13   #3

Hey from San Diego! We're over in America's Cup Harbor by Harbor Drive / Shelter Island. If you need any local San Diego waterfront knowledge feel free to hit me or Charlotte (my wife) up; always happy to help.
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 14:18   #4

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Steve and Amy,
Welcome aboard! I spent some time in San Diego and know that they have some great sailing schools there and that's an excellent place to start. Rebel Heart can get you started on what to expect of the sailing community. I am originally an Oregonian so know what kind of changes you had to go through to adapt to SD life.
kind regards,
Old 16-04-2010, 19:03   #5

Boat: Charter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve and Amy View Post
Our youngest is going off to college this fall and its just going to be the 2 of us.... We don't know anything about sailing yet but would love to learn.
Hi Steve and Amy, welcome! Our youngest is in his second year of college, but he still keeps finding his way home. I'm not sure the nest is empty just yet.

We're members of Harbor Sailboats in San Diego, even though we don't live there. I also teach sailing on a volunteer basis in another sailing club.

I'll be there sailing this coming week and might be able to take on some crew. If you're interested in sailing around the bay Thursday or Friday afternoon (April 22 or 23) send me a PM (before Tuesday) and maybe we can work something out.

-Steve and Chris
sec906 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
san diego