Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-02-2017, 09:16   #1

Boat: Hunter 28.5 1985
Hello... is anybody in here? Just type if you can hear me! Is there anyone around?

For my second post here at the Cruisers Forum....
I'd like to warn folks that I'm a bit of a goof at times...
once the floodgates of my mind open up... the words come pouring out and my posts tend to stack line-after-line, up and up until you could stand on them and change the masthead light of a 50' mast with ease
unless I'm joking... my words mean exactly what they actually mean
since this medium for communicating is without voice or face-to-face exchange, I tend to allow that the person countering anything I type is not "...out to get me..." and I don't jump all over their case... it's only the internet afterall
I do not sail... as a regular thing (although I have sailed a Hobie Cat down in Mexico on vacation before), have never owned a dedicated sailboat (for about a month I owned a non-floating project dinghy with what I think was a sail though)... I MOUNTAIN BIKE... but I've been kicked off all those forums and figured I'd try this one for a while...

Okay... so I am actually looking for a sailboat as my liveaboard and flying carpet to roam the bluewaters of the world!

It's funny ain't it? Growing up as kid (tried growing up as an adult and I'm doing a pretty bad job of THAT!) in WEST TEXAS... please, please... get up... no need to bow to me! ... I dreamed of sailing so far out into the ocean that I could no longer see land!
Yet... in all those years, I never took advantage of learning to sail there in the, uh, ummmm.... Rio Grande?
I live in Humboldt County, California (another geographical location the human inhabitants prefer to call out with a label that sounds more exciting and special than one's actual town/city/berg... sorta like a person saying they're from West Texas? ), so now I have access to WATER! REAL WATER for sailing!
What else is there to say?
PLENTY!... of course....
But I'll draw this out, string you along, withhold evidence as it were, and let you all discover bit-by-bit who I am, what I'm all about, and why making your child read MY posts amounts to what the International Community on Child-Rearing claims is FAR WORSE PUNISHMENT (yet oddly more effective) than a simple TIMEOUT!
...been told it's worked on some adults too?....
Thank you y Muchas Gracias
(disclaimer: that's not me in the image... just thought it looked cool... and there's a bike in it as well...)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 6.47.58 PM.png
Views:	151
Size:	377.5 KB
ID:	141775  
wsmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 19:44   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: 1976 Sabre 28-2
Send a message via Yahoo to roverhi
Re: Hello... is anybody in here? Just type if you can hear me! Is there anyone around

You got through.
roverhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 19:47   #3

Re: Hello... is anybody in here? Just type if you can hear me! Is there anyone around

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverhi View Post
You got through.
I PIERCED THE VEIL?
Great!

I actually expect too much in this section of the forums on sites I belong to.
But it's nice when someone reads this stuff
I've enjoyed just coming here and reading posts of various sorts... but being a member and making my own posts and threads is pretty darn cool!
Old 22-02-2017, 20:05   #4

Boat: Van de Stadt 50'
Send a message via Skype™ to sy_gilana

.... you are only coming through in waves....
...your lips move but I cant hear what you're saying....
Old 22-02-2017, 20:07   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy_gilana View Post
.... you are only coming through in waves....
...your lips move but I cant hear what you're saying....
... I SO love it when I make sense to more than just myself!...
Thanks!
Old 27-02-2017, 13:52   #6

Boat: Ingrid 38

Welcome aboard WSMAC. I also sprang up from the dust of West Texas and spent the first 29 years of my life there. Luckily I managed to find my way to salt water and the world of sailing. Do it, you'll love it! But West TX will be forever ruined for you.
babaluey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 14:01   #7

Boat: Currently Shopping, & Heavily in LUST!

Welcome! And don't fret, you're not the only one who gets a bit sideways at times

The Uncommon Thing, The Hard Thing, The Important Thing (in Life): Making Promises to Yourself, And Keeping Them.
UNCIVILIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 17:08   #8

Thanks you all!
Heavily into the shopping stage of boat ownership.
Luckily... there's a bigger body of water here on our coast than what I experienced from El Paso to Sanderson! Although Austin always had some nice water for sailing... from what I saw anyway.