Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 07:42   #1

Send a message via AIM to meburma Send a message via Yahoo to meburma Send a message via Skype™ to meburma
Hello from San Diego!

Hello everyone! I've been posting here at CF for a while now. Seeing as how I'm heading out on a voyage with some fellow CF'ers I figure it's time to get the introduction in place.

I am a filmmaker/videographer who has decided to take up the challenge of documenting the journey of circumnavigating the world by sailboat. I have no training. I have no boat. Just some camera gear a dream and a whole lot of ambition.

Since making the decision to do this in January (2011) I have been writing in my trip's blog and documenting as much as I can on video. Right from the start! It is my hope to create a film and blog experience that gives normal Joe's a real taste of what it can be like to take on such a drastic change in life path.

The website is called With Sails Unfurled. Please have a look around and visit often! And look for me here on CF as well! I'd love feedback on the site and suggestions for my travels and I'd love to meet up with fellow CF users out there when I'm voyaging and interview you for my film/site! I want to meet as many people as I can with as many different backgrounds as possible and showcase the many different reasons, methods and goals of people who live the cruising lifestyle and especially of those who have/are planning/or are in the middle of a circumnavigation of the globe.

The value of these forums so far has been an incredible resource to my journey so far and I can't wait to see how everything plays out over the next few years!

Hope to see you all "out there" soon!
meburma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:30   #2
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Hello from San Diego!

NIce to finally meet you - I hope you enjoy the cruising. Very nice blog by the way. Did you know you can add it to your signature line in your User CP page?
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:42   #3

Send a message via AIM to meburma Send a message via Yahoo to meburma Send a message via Skype™ to meburma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucy Sailoress
NIce to finally meet you - I hope you enjoy the cruising. Very nice blog by the way. Did you know you can add it to your signature line in your User CP page?
I did. I just haven't gotten around to it yet! Thanks for the compliment on the site! Now I just have to get sailing!
Old 15-03-2011, 08:50   #4

To anyone interested I just posted a new video blog on my website.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the video blogs. This episode (3-14-11) covers a sport fishing trip I took this past weekend. While not sailing specific, it has lots of footage of sailboats in San Diego and it has the general feel I am shooting for in my site's video blogs going forward.

Check it out and let me know what you think!
Old 22-03-2011, 21:03   #5

Boat: 15 foot Canoe

Welcome aboard!
Liked your blog.
I'll be checking it out from time to time.
kind regards,

Tags
san diego