Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-12-2011, 19:20   #1

Hello from Houston, TX

I don't have any boat right now. I grew up in Clear lake and we always had at least one boat. I grew up deep sea fishing and scuba diving. I joined the Navy and spent six years serving. I don't want any haze grey now I have kids now and feel they are missing out on so much. I want a sailboat that I can take trips with my family to Florida and the Caribbean. To dive and fish out of. There is nothing like moving silently through the water with no land in sight to give my kids a new perspective on life. Right now I don't live on the water and I am going crazy. My apartment I lived in when I met my wife I could fish from my living room. I guess I have water in my veins instead of blood. I live near Houston now and plan to move closer to the water. Like the front door is the water side of the house.
3dubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 20:20   #2

Boat: International Etchells USA 125 Black Magic, Santana 20 475 Ghost, Hobie 33 3100 Bruja, dinghies,
Re: Hello from Houston, TX

Welcome aboard! I sailed a couple of times of Galveston Bay but it's been a loong, long time.
Old 26-12-2011, 21:14   #3

Boat: Privilege 39 Catamaran, Exit Only

I like living near the water,but it is not always possible. I worked for eleven years in Arabia before I set off to sail around the world on a catamaran.
maxingout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 22:45   #4

Boat: 1981 Nor'sea 27

Houston/Galveston area is where I'd like to retire to when I leave the military. From the sounds of it, if you want to be close enough to the water to fish from the living room, a liveaboard might be suitable for you. Although kids would probably like the idea of living on the boat, I'm sure the wife would probably need some convincing.

Welcome and good luck in your new venture. I look forward to seeing how it goes for you.

Rhapsody-NS27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 06:37   #5

Boat: Pearson 422

Welcome. We bought our boat in Houston. Lots of them for sale at low prices in and around your area. Good hunting!
Paperbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 12:08   #6

Location: Winter land based UK New Forest. Summer months away. Making the transition from sail to power this year - scary stuff.
Boat: Super Van Craft 1320 Power Yacht
Send a message via Skype™ to swagman

Welcome to the site and good luck in making your dreams come true.
Cheers
JOHN
Old 28-12-2011, 01:41   #7

Hi guys, Mark here, from NY. Paperbird is right, there are lots of cheaper price boat in Houston. I'm also planning to buy a boat there.
Old 28-12-2011, 18:45   #8

Boat: <sold the 140' steel flybridge ketch & Hunter CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dubs View Post
I don't have any boat right now. I grew up in Clear lake and we always had at least one boat. I grew up deep sea fishing and scuba diving. I joined the Navy and spent six years serving. I don't want any haze grey now I have kids now and feel they are missing out on so much. I want a sailboat that I can take trips with my family to Florida and the Caribbean. To dive and fish out of. There is nothing like moving silently through the water with no land in sight to give my kids a new perspective on life. Right now I don't live on the water and I am going crazy. My apartment I lived in when I met my wife I could fish from my living room. I guess I have water in my veins instead of blood. I live near Houston now and plan to move closer to the water. Like the front door is the water side of the house.
Welcome aboard,
From fellow Texans on charter in the Carib. We attended a nice boat show and Jazz festival by you in Kemah (Houston) about month ago. My fiancee' is the one who got going on a boat so maybe your wife will hopefully come around. Best wishes.
John & Carol
Johnny Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:26   #9

Boat: 15 foot Canoe

Aloha and welcome aboard!
Thanks for your service and it's good to have you posting here.
kind regards,

Tags
houston