Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-10-2009, 15:43   #1

Hello from Edinburgh...

Hello,

My father has decided to buy a sailboat and started helping him find one. He always loved Fishers and always wanted one. Whenever he sees one he is like a kid in front of a candy shop... you get the picture. Anyway I started helping as i said started calling about adds that we saw and started talking with brokers and shipyards. As i was roaming the classifieds this forum cropped up more and more, and started reading it more and more. I have to state that I am not an experienced sailor, I've sailed in the past, had some training too but thats about it.
English is not my mother language so some of the nautical terms escape me too. I learned them in greek and most of them in Greek sound like coming from Italian for some reason .
Anyways I diverge... i joined mostly to ask for assistance for the this great venture (oh well we think its a great venture) to buy a sailboat and consequently bring it back to Greece and then sail to who know where.
I was thinking, hopping, wondering if you could start a thread in one of the categories about this venture and show people the boats that I found and me and my father are looking at to get opinions .
We have a limited budget (don't we all? well not all but most of us?) and the such but buying and fixing somewhere in the UK is not out of the question. Well i guess that all this is for the thread in whatever category you think is best to put it.

Anyway hello everyone... and sorry for my ramblings ... i tend to do that .
Arktouros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 13:41   #2

Boat: Vandestadt ketch 42
Dear Artouros,

Welcome to the forum.

Although I now live and work in Venezuela you are writing from my home town...So doubly welcome.

Fishers are very popular in northern climes and in the UK they have a sailing association www.fisherowners.co.uk which will be helpful in assisting you and your father.

Notwithstanding that, this forum will also help you with your quest (I believe there are a few owners here) and more importantly with nearly ever other question you may have.

Welcome onboard and say hi the "auld reekie" for me

Regards

Alan
anglooff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 18:42   #3

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Welcome aboard the forum. I can't help with your specific question but hope others will be able to.
regards

Tags
used boat, Fisher