Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2015, 16:47   #16

Re: Hello from Charleston, SC

Right. And you can normally get boats for cheap from marinas, right? That's what I've heard, anyway. Thanks again for the responses, everybody!
Trappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 19:02   #17

Wow guys! I just found a Catalina 30' on craigslist here in Charleston for $2300! Already emailed the seller! Maybe, just maybe, I'll have a boat sooner than later!
Old 02-03-2015, 06:21   #18

Boat: Camano Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
Right. And you can normally get boats for cheap from marinas, right? That's what I've heard, anyway. Thanks again for the responses, everybody!
Marinas don't normally own boats unless they have seized them for non-payment of slip or repair fees. They will know if any tenants are trying to sell their boats though.

You might call Dolphin Cove Marina and ask about boats for sale. They have some pretty rough stuff lying around and in the slips. My marina is actually not allowed to have sailboats.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:07   #19

Boat: 1995 Privilege 51

You also have the slightly newer Catalina 27, that looks to be in much better shape with a 'bring all offers' sign out.

Watch out buying something too cheap that requires alot of work, when you could get something nicer for almost just as cheap.

Catalina 27 in Excellent Condition, Accepting All Offers

~ Following Cs ~
FollowingCs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:53   #20

I'll definitely check with Dolphin Cove. I might have to try to use my hopes and dreams as leverage on that Catalina 27. Maybe I can get it for cheap...
Old 07-03-2015, 21:17   #21

Well, the Catalina 30 that I wanted is now gone from craigslist. However, I took the advice of FollowingCs, and made an offer on the Catalina 27 with the "bring all offers" ad on craigslist. I watched it go from $10900 to $8500 overnight, and the ad does state that they want it gone by mid-March. They just updated the ad today, and added a link to an online album with 70+ photos of the boat. So I was like "what the heck, it is my dream boat", and made my best offer on the boat. It's a long shot, as I don't have anywhere near $8500; but what I lack in money, I make up for in hopes and dreams. Here's to hoping for the best!