Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-09-2008, 13:38   #1

HELLO ALL SAILORS!

THERE HAS BEEN SOME PRIOR DISCUSSION ON THE TOPIC OF BOATERS SWAP MEETS AND SEATTLE'S FISHERIES SUPPLY ON THE NORTH END OF LAKE UNION ACROSS FROM GAS WORKS PARK IN THE MARINER'S SQUARE PARKING LOT 1900 N. NORTHLAKE WAY. AS I UNDERSTAND IT HAPPENS EVERY I BELIEVE FIRST WEEK OF APRIL AND AS THIS LAST SEPT 13 2008. RUNS FROM 7:00AM TO 1:00PM IS ADVERTISES IN THE 48 DEREES NORTH PUBLICATION. FOR PEOPLE ITS HARD TO COME ACROSS THIS EVENT MAYBE UNLESS YOU READ SOME SMALL PRINT IN BOATING MAGS. I AM ONE WHO HAVE PARTISIPATED 3 TIMES NOW IN LAST 3 YEARS. THIS YEAR I ACTUALLY OBSERVED TWO OF US CAME IN EARLY FOR SETUP (SEPT 13) ON FRI NIGHT ABOUT 6:30PM. HAD A LOT OF HARDWARE SO THIS WAS NESSESARY. MAYBE FOR OR 5 MORE SHOWED BY 10PM. BY 1:00 AM SATURDAY CROWDS OF SELLERS STARTED SHOWING UP AND IT SEEMED TO BE A SMALL FESTIVAL OF A CROWD! NOT SURE HOW MANY WERE ACTUAL BUYERS BUT SELLING WAS GOING ON ALL NIGHT INTO NEXT AFTERNOON! THIS IS TYPICAL OF MY EXPERIENCE THERE AS I BEEN THERE 3 TIMES NOW. HOPEFULLY MORE IN FUTURE. I WOULD LIKE TO PARTISIPATE IN MORE OF THESE IN THE SEATTLE AREA IF ANYONE COULD RESPOND TO THIS ! AND AS A CRUISER BOATER I SELL AND BUY AS IT IS ONE FUN HOBBY!
perdiemboating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 13:54   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Greetings, and WELCOME aboard Per Diem ...
It's gratifying to learn that boaters are recycling servicable gear in your region, and I hope you get to enjoy many more swap meets.
I also hope that your contribution was inadvertently posted in cap's, and that you will have tuned off your Caps Lock, for your future posts.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 14:02   #3

swapping caps

this is a great place for boaters to be boaters and cappers to be itiot's thank you!
perdiemboating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 15:28   #4

I used to go a lot. Found some good bargains there. Went last year, but took me forever to park. However, My experience with swap meets and auctions is: You get a lot of bargains, no more than half of them work out as intended, so figure your bargain at 2x what you are buying it for. Does it stil make sense? If you are selling, you can get twice as much on Ebay or Craig's list. Example: Used navico 4000 autopilot I sold on Ebay last summer for $850, couldnt get anyone at the Swap meet to give me $400, Used Balmar alternator and regulator (bearings a little noisy but worked) couldnt get $125 at the swap meet, sold on Ebay for $350. Still.... I cant stop myself from seeking that bargain!!!!
Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 18:41   #5

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha and Welcome aboard!

Wish I were in the Seattle area.

Great bargains!

JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 19:10   #6

Boat: Currently boatless
PerDiemBoater

What's the story behind your user name? My husband and I are currently out of state contractors and the name just caught my eye.
Soon2BCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote