Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2016, 16:43   #1
Registered User
 
adventuren1's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 4
Hello all!

I am about a year out from retiring from the fire department and Plan B is to buy a motor boat and live aboard in the Pacific NW for a few years. (Plan A is to meet the woman of my dreams and make up a new plan together. But that hasn't happened 53 years so I'm prepping for plan B!) I look forward to learning as much as possible from all of you in the next year. My boating experience so far has been whitewater rafting and kayaking (and 4 years on an aircraft carrier). I'm really excited to find this forum!

Happy cruising!
Howard
__________________

__________________
adventuren1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 17:19   #2
Registered User
 
Don1500's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On Board, just above the water
Boat: Tradewinds 47, 47'
Posts: 1,162
Re: Hello all!

Plan "B" is always the best plan. Besides, if you find "The Woman Of Your Dreams" wouldn't you like it better if you were on a boat? Then the demand "Your boat or me!" doesn't come up. The boat was here first.

I went to the boat 5 years ago and found my compliant someone after I had the boat, she knows the answer to the question. There are many more fish in the sea. (and "NO" she doesn't know about this forum.)
__________________

__________________
The Nomad Blog Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call
Everything I know about cruising I learned from Travis McGee - http://theroamingnomad.com
Don1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 18:33   #3
Registered User
 
Don C L's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Channel Islands, CA
Boat: 1962 Columbia 29 MK 1 #37
Posts: 2,683
Images: 16
Re: Hello all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuren1 View Post
I am about a year out from retiring from the fire department and Plan B is to buy a motor boat and live aboard in the Pacific NW for a few years. (Plan A is to meet the woman of my dreams and make up a new plan together. But that hasn't happened 53 years so I'm prepping for plan B!) I look forward to learning as much as possible from all of you in the next year. My boating experience so far has been whitewater rafting and kayaking (and 4 years on an aircraft carrier). I'm really excited to find this forum!

Happy cruising!
Howard
Welcome here Howard.. and I am more interested in your avatar! Tell me about that.. it's kind of small but it looks like a dory in the Grand Canyon... or "drift boat" in some canyon.... something I know a little about! My last name is Litton. Always good to see a dory wherever it is!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	04280013 2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	414.1 KB
ID:	135126  
__________________
DL
Pythagoras
1962 Columbia 29 MKI #37
Don C L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 20:24   #4
Registered User
 
adventuren1's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 4
Re: Hello all!

Don, that is my Willie 16' drift boat on the Salmon river in Idaho. Steelhead fishing in the Fall has been a passion for years.
__________________
adventuren1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 20:28   #5
Registered User
 
adventuren1's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 4
Re: Hello all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don1500 View Post
Plan "B" is always the best plan. Besides, if you find "The Woman Of Your Dreams" wouldn't you like it better if you were on a boat? Then the demand "Your boat or me!" doesn't come up. The boat was here first.

I went to the boat 5 years ago and found my compliant someone after I had the boat, she knows the answer to the question. There are many more fish in the sea. (and "NO" she doesn't know about this forum.)
Combining the 2 plans would be the best option!
__________________
adventuren1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 22:41   #6
Registered User
 
Don C L's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Channel Islands, CA
Boat: 1962 Columbia 29 MK 1 #37
Posts: 2,683
Images: 16
Re: Hello all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuren1 View Post
Don, that is my Willie 16' drift boat on the Salmon river in Idaho. Steelhead fishing in the Fall has been a passion for years.
Ah! hard to see, wish I could see it blown up, is that shot just below the town of Salmon there, just upstream of North Fork? I ran the Salmon for many years, Middle Fork and Main Salmon from Corn Creek down. Sure miss it! How is the fishing these days? At one time I really thought of making a sailboat out of a dory (drift boat!) At any rate I know the dream you have of chugging around Puget Sound and the San Juans and farther! Plenty of folks here in that part of the world. Good luck!
__________________
DL
Pythagoras
1962 Columbia 29 MKI #37
Don C L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 23:54   #7
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alaska
Boat: Truant Triad 37 Cutter
Posts: 224
Re: Hello all!

Greetings Howard to you from Alaska. The cruising here is spectacular if you decide to venture north.

Best,
Scott
__________________
seahag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:29   #8
Moderator Emeritus
 
GordMay's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario - 48-29N x 89-20W
Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Posts: 29,608
Images: 240
Re: Hello all!

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Howard.
__________________
Gord May
"If you didn't have the time or money to do it right in the first place, when will you get the time/$ to fix it?"



GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 09:15   #9
Registered User
 
adventuren1's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 4
Re: Hello all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don C L View Post
Ah! hard to see, wish I could see it blown up, is that shot just below the town of Salmon there, just upstream of North Fork? I ran the Salmon for many years, Middle Fork and Main Salmon from Corn Creek down. Sure miss it! How is the fishing these days? At one time I really thought of making a sailboat out of a dory (drift boat!) At any rate I know the dream you have of chugging around Puget Sound and the San Juans and farther! Plenty of folks here in that part of the world. Good luck!
That pic is just upstream from Salmon, Id. I don't fish there much. Mostly spend my time in Riggins. Lots of big fish this year
__________________

__________________
adventuren1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a Morgan 51 Outislander with All Roller Furling (All Sails) videorov Monohull Sailboats 0 29-01-2010 19:31
Hello to all abraham Meets & Greets 0 25-07-2005 00:20
hello all, just got back kingfish Monohull Sailboats 2 29-01-2005 10:25
hello all.....another green-horn kingfish Meets & Greets 1 15-08-2004 09:31
Hello All... Richard Meets & Greets 1 24-02-2003 14:15


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 17:15.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.