Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2017, 12:26   #1

Boat: Gemini 105Mc, 34ft
Hello

We are pretty new to cruising. We are Jo and Virgil from Big Pine Key, FL. Our boat is ALLMOND JOY, a 34 Gemini Sailing Catamaran.

We are currently anchored in Hope Town, next to Tahini Beach. Not sure this is the right boat for us. We are looking at trawlers with some lust our eyes. We are both bumping 70 years old and sailing in a catamaran is a lot of work for having to use the engine about 60% e time anyway.
Bluewater47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:52   #2

Re: Hello

Yeah sounds like a trawler is in your future. Is you are used to going slow, good choice!
hobopacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:53   #3

Boat: English bilge keel 22'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater47 View Post
We are pretty new to cruising. We are Jo and Virgil from Big Pine Key, FL. Our boat is ALLMOND JOY, a 34 Gemini Sailing Catamaran.

We are currently anchored in Hope Town, next to Tahini Beach. Not sure this is the right boat for us. We are looking at trawlers with some lust our eyes. We are both bumping 70 years old and sailing in a catamaran is a lot of work for having to use the engine about 60% e time anyway.
Hey Jo and Virgil. Welcome to CF. I'm fairly new myself. Everyone has been super friendly so far and I've already met some great people with a lot of information.

Would you ever consider taking on a crew member to help with sailing ?

Cheers
CanadianCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 14:12   #4
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater47 View Post

Howdy and Welcome Aboard CF Jo and Virgil!

I read your post, where you mentioned you are interested in POWER boat cruising. Me too.

Be aware that there is a "power" forum here on CF (look at the list of forums on the CF site), Here is a direct link to it:
Powered Boats - Cruisers & Sailing Forums

and there is also a related or sister forum SITE called "Trawlerforum.com"
Trawler Forum

The Trawler Forum site (different from CF) has many members from CF too, I am one. The trawler owners are very friendly and helpful group too. Check them out. And you will find countless threads discussing many aspects of trawlers there. I highly recommend visiting it along with CF. You can be a member of both.

There is a vast amount of information here and many helpful members who have extensive experience.

Hope that helps!
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote