My boat is 28 feet on deck
and fairly solid. The plan is to sell the farm this year. My wife is going to be a tourist in Europe
and I am going sailing. My boat is on a large lake 250 miles inland. I am going to try and get it to the ocean later this year. That will finally get me some time off from work, and back on the salt
again. Depending how much we get for the property, and how much I have to pay for new digs, will determine whether I can afford a bigger boat or not. I am partial to the Kauri built boats in NZ. If that becomes the final decision I will hop on the plane and with the help of some Kiwi friends will make a decision on a boat. I know designers and sailmakers in NZ. The sales folks in NZ are not as user friendly as the yankees. It would be a lot easier to go down to Portland Oregon
and get a Cascade 36.