Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 18-01-2015, 17:40   #1

greetings to all im new

Hello to all forgive me for my grammer first off.....

My name is Dustin I just bought my first boat its a sail boat I'm shore its probly not the best needs lots of work and I new what I was getting my self in so that said she in my eyes is gorgouse if always loved the ocean its so calming I don't have lots of money I'll admit but I am blessed in being able to fix things I'm a automotive nut I kinda mess with street cars and know about wording plumbing and some wood working so I can do this in time,......first I need advise about sailing what nots and little baby steps I know apsolutly nothing I know I'm smart enough not to flip the boat cause if its too windy I'm not gonna jump out and ride the bull I'll ride the poney first my boat is in the chanal as we speak not docked and needs relates she has no engine in or out has aftermarket prop in the back I think that's what its called and the in bored has been removed I am considering making a costom engine to work in it but still thinking hard on it boainside nothing I need I'm shore of it I have all the sails and stuff just got to put the boat together and remodel inside 1969 Pierson 300 part of me thinks it may be a hard boat to sail not knowing jack at first that said I'm going to sail in a Chanel before into out baby craws baby steps then maby baby walking then a good walk

Also good job reading this far sorry for grammer NO trolls I need advise that requires no schools

s.a.t.titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2015, 18:09   #2

Boat: 1980 Morgan 415
Re: greetings to all im new

Welcome. You can find a wealth of information here.

Working on spending my children's inheritance.
Cap Erict3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2015, 18:10   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cascade, Sloop, 42 - "Casual"

Aloha and welcome aboard!

You're on the right track. You've got a good boat. If you don't want to take a basic sailing course then I'll recommend the book "Start Sailing Right!" which is probably in your local library. There are many basic sailing books and I'd start by saying go to the library. But, you'd be best off to take a basic sailing course.

You'll need to learn rules of the road so study that part a lot. You don't want to be a danger to other boaters or yorself. Read safety tips over and over.

Bowline, reef knot, figure eight, clove hitch, rolling hitch, cleat hitch and a round turn and two half hitches will get you by on knots for quite a time.

Good luck and find a good small marine diesel to put in your boat. Used is fine but don't get one that you can't find parts for.

kind regards,
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 03:56   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Dustin.
Gord May
"If you didn't have the time or money to do it right in the first place, when will you get the time/$ to fix it?"

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 04:53   #5

I am going to defenitly get a fue books and learn and probly go to a course just to be safe. Am defenitly looking into a inbord I was considering one too due to a back up to be safe thanks a ton for your advise so far any more I'll be glad to listen
s.a.t.titus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: