My wife and I started sailing about a year ago. We're both very new to sailing and loving it. I've learned a lot lurking about for a while so I thought I'd throw out a quick intro.
Getting into sailing for my wife and me was quite easy. If anyone else is interested here's how we did it:
- Invite some accomplished sailors over for dinner.
- Make sure you have a lot of wine. In fact, splurge and buy the really good stuff, because you don't know it yet, but the amount of money you'll spend on wine is t-i-n-y compared to what you are about to spend on sailing.
- Enjoy the dinner. Enjoy the company.
- Magically, you'll fall under the spell of cruising stories in far off places and you'll start making plans.
- Wake up the next day and immediately call for sailing lessons.
That's how it happened for us.
The Journey is just starting. We leave tomorrow for the San Juan Islands
and places north.