Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2007, 07:00   #1

Boat: Tartan 34c - Valiant
Greetings from Annapolis

A winter's greeting to you all. I am pleased to be here and hope to be an active contributor.

Today and tonight we're looking at between 2 and 6 inches of snow, depending on which crystal ball you're looking at. And while Valiant's decks are being covered, it is just the kind of day I want to spend curled up in front of the fire with my favorite chandlery's website or catalog.

I found this site by Googling for a cross reference between Barient and Lewmar winches. One of you had a link with just that info. (I'm sorry I don't remember who that was, but thank you.) But I figured this is the place I need to spend some time.

Right now I'm getting my Tartan 34 ready to do the Annapolis to Newport Race in June. The biggest thing is getting her rigged for a spinnaker, which she's never had. I'm moving winches around and trying to keep track of all the extra stuff I need. Going to be an expensive spring I think. BTW, I checked the ratings of all the boats in the last four races, and Valiant is the slowest boat to enter in that time period! But I truly think the Tartan 34 will be in her element. This is what she was born of.

I look forward to the discussions,
Mark
IMustBeASailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:17   #2
Eternal Member

Welcome, Mark! I'm in Arlington, VA. They've downgraded the forecast for us...just a dusting, maybe :-))

No doubt you'll have fun at the chandleries in Annapolis. Don't forget to visit Bacons; they've got a pile of stuff you might be able to use.

And, have a cold one for me at Riordan's. Just the place for those cold Annapolis days :-))

Bill
S/V Born Free
btrayfors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:23   #3

Location: Winter land based UK New Forest. Summer months away. Making the transition from sail to power this year - scary stuff.
Boat: Super Van Craft 1320 Power Yacht
Send a message via Skype™ to swagman
Welcome Mark,
Hope you enjoy the site as much as I do.
JOHN
Old 01-02-2007, 11:48   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
Mark,

I'm down on the lower end of the bay and it's sticking to the ground right now. They say it won't make noon Friday before the rain comes along to wash it away. South of here they may see more than we will.

Getting ready for a trip sounds just the perfect idea for the winter. We are doing a little bit of refitting too. The new boat needs to get changed a bit and the old boat is getting a makeover to sell. Glad to see the link proved useful to you. You can find a lot more if you use the search tool here. What we don't have we can help find too.

Enjoy the snow from inside some place warm.
Pblais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 15:03   #5

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Mark,
Welcome aboard!! Annapolis is a great sailing community. Really liked my visits there.
Kind Regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annapolis