Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2016, 15:21   #1

pirate Greetings

Greetings and Salutations and if that doesn't work, Ahoy. New to this forum after many months observing the character of the members. Tired of, "I'm a better sailor than you, here's why," forums elsewhere. This looks like a group of real sailors going real places and remembering that sailboats are first and foremost a means of transportation. The group here reminds me of an old story about the real captain's didn't win races but hauled the greatest amount of cargo and were respected by their crews, owners and those who entrusted them with their cargoes. The hot shot captains drove their ships and crews mercilessly and often to destruction. I hope to add what I can that others may benefit and learn more about the grand adventure sailing provides. I sail my 1976 Oday 27 on Lake Ontario as often as I can. I have also worked in a marina and have extensive military and merchant sea service. Again, Greetings.
30yearslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 03:37   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Greetings

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, 30.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:34   #3

Thanks, GordMay or should I say neighbor?
30yearslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:40   #4
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Howdy and Welcome Aboard CF!

There is a vast amount of information here and many helpful members who have extensive experience.

My Favorite CF Forum Tip: Use the Google Custom Search Function

I know that most people who are new to this forum might try the ordinary search function of the forum when they have a question in mind. Unfortunately that always yielded few resultsi for me when I tried that when I first joined this forum. In contrast, a standard Google search outside of the forum can produce a bewildering list of links too. It was only later that I learned to quickly and easily find great links to archived or previous threads on a topic.

I only use the Google Custom Search field on this forum when searching this forum, and I find all the answers I need here too using that.

I find it superior to an ordinary search using the standard "search" field and usually get the answers I want very quickly. So, it is my "number one tip" to newer forum members. .

Note! The Google Custom Search field is found under the "Search" menu seen at the top of your browser window when you are in the CF forum on any page. However, it is NOT shown as an option if you are viewing the Forum site using the CF Mobile app. Use a browser like Safari instead.
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote