Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 06:39   #1

Boat: Trader 535 Signature
Greek Taxes

I am planning to sail my 17 m motoryacht from Montenegro to Corfu and then through the Corinthian channel and hop across the Greek Islands for a couple of months. Can anyone advise the current state of taxes and charges in Greek waters.
GarryBurke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:18   #2

Boat: Lidgard 50ft performance cat/ Canados50s
Send a message via Skype™ to beneteau-500
Re: Greek taxes

you need to purchase a cruising permit log which will cost you 38.5 euros which you now have to pay at a greek tax office the first greek port you arrive at will and should inform you where they are but be warned they open at 8am close at 1pm also you will need to pay port tax its called a form 8 and i recomend that you buy at least 12 of these they are .88euro cents each , you need to pay this on ie hand one over to port police on every port you nominate you are calling at so when you are about to leave port the police will ask where you are heading for what you say ie for example is the cyclades he will ask you which island port will be your last you say paros so if leaving athens you can call into every island on the way with out having to check in or out until you reach paros of which when you leave there you will pay another form 8 and of you you go again its that easy but some dont make it that easy also make sure you have crew list in greek( it just helps ) and insurance in greek
beneteau-500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 15:21   #3
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises

Beneteau-500, what would you include on the crew list? All the information from their passport?

Also, for this Form 8 tax, if you purchase 12 do you use one at each port you stop at? Also, if you stop at one port for just a few hours, do you use one?

So, for me an example will be that I will arrive in Crete and get my cruising permit. I will be spending 50 days in the Cyclades and Dodecanese. Will I need 50 Form 8's. Also, since my crew will be changing every 10 days, I assume I will need to clear in/out on those days?
Old 03-05-2011, 12:11   #4

Boat: Trader 535 Signature
Re: Greek Taxes

Beneteau-500... your logo looks like you are an Aussie from Sydney... is this so?
GarryBurke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 14:13   #5

Boat: Lidgard 50ft performance cat/ Canados50s
Send a message via Skype™ to beneteau-500

Garry na originally from gippsland in victoria been over here for 18 yrs now just bumming around

Palarran no you wont need 50 but they will ask where your next port of call will be so you can say naxos but you could stop at say ten Islands before getting there and not have to hand over any tax forms until then and when you leave naxos you will go to port police to say your leaving ( you can give 24hr notice ) handover another form 8 and fill in crew list and nominate your next port say poros but you can visit another ten islands in between its just handy to have a few form 8 spare as it is a hassle some times finding the tax office now its all changed

beneteau-500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 15:33   #6

Boat: Cobra 850
Send a message via Yahoo to Capitain Mike Send a message via Skype™ to Capitain Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by beneteau-500 View Post
Garry na originally from gippsland in victoria been over here for 18 yrs now just bumming around

Palarran no you wont need 50 but they will ask where your next port of call will be so you can say naxos but you could stop at say ten Islands before getting there and not have to hand over any tax forms until then and when you leave naxos you will go to port police to say your leaving ( you can give 24hr notice ) handover another form 8 and fill in crew list and nominate your next port say poros but you can visit another ten islands in between its just handy to have a few form 8 spare as it is a hassle some times finding the tax office now its all changed

This is going to be long so stop now if you don't want to read it. It has taken more time to type than for you to read.

We went from Lefkas on Lefkada to Amorgos in the Cylades and was only asked for a crew list twice.

My wife was crew. We stopped at Nidri, Vlycho, Meganisi, Syvota, Fiskardo, Limani Sami, Poros on Kefalonia.Where we paid 6€ and were asked very civily for a a crew list insurance, and registration SSR Mesolongi, Navpaxos, Aigiou, Aigio yacht club across the bay, Kiato went to the port police they were not interested,

Korinth Canal, where it cost 101€ to go through and they asked who was on the boat but did not want a crew list insurance and Registration a Good idea have a document that states the vessels size If you tow your dinghy you pay extra Don't include anything added on that increases the LOA you will pay extra and they don't check.

Did not stop there as was all private but you could moor to the floating crane that was never used and unknown owner. We changed our itinerary so next stop
Aegina, we moored in the fisherman's harbour but still over priced the pontoons were private. Even though it was a private birth (paid for) we had to pay. Went to the port police in Aegina who were not interested, Next stop north around Aegina and over to the mainland Vouliagmeni Bay

Cape Sounion Olympic Marina very expensive 52€ per night insurance registration, my boat ony 8.68 metres, Loutra on Kythnos cost 10.00€ for 5 days no charge for water no port police,

Hermopoli on Syros no port police no mooring charge need a card for the water, Naxos no port police, water and electricity shore power in abundance give Kostas a big tip, Iraklia, Katapola Amorgos, They like to see your papers. Aegiali Amorgos Likes to see your papers.
Capitain Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2011, 11:10   #7

Boat: 15 foot Canoe

Aloha and welcome aboard!
I hope you're getting the information you need.
kind regards,
Old 13-05-2011, 11:31   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by beneteau-500 View Post
pay port tax its called a form 8 and i recomend that you buy at least 12 of these they are .88euro cents each ,
I had to ask the price a couple of times before I could accept it was 88cents because it seemed like an insane price.

I did not know you could buy multiples. Much easier than remembering to have loose change in the pocket
hoppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
taxes