Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-01-2008, 14:45   #1

pirate First Hello

Hello to all of you sailors and to all the rest like me who want to be sailors. Let me first say what a wonderfull thing this forum is, I've been reading it on a almost daily basis. Right now I drive a 18 wheeler pulling a Liquid Natural Gas tank trailer, coast to coast. Thank goodness for wi-fi internet. Plans are in the works for driving one more year to make bank for a modest 36-42 footer and sailing kitty. plans have been budgeted for a 3-5 year sail...would be nice to do the round the world but we'll see.. maybe the pacific waters will be just big enough to bob around in.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
azjayhawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 19:34   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
Welcome aboard. If you want to cruise around the pacific, consider a boat already here. Many people make the westward passage and then opt to sell the boat here.

Depends on your speed but 3 years in the Pacific seems about right.... I meet a lot of cruisers and it's a common theme to say, "I wish I spent more time in XXX."

It's not about the destination, it's the journey!
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 19:46   #3

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Az,
Welcome aboard!! Good to have you here. If its just you and one other a 36 is plenty big enough in my opinion. Some others may disagree.
Hope you enjoy the forum.
Kind Regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 20:35   #4

If you know any good brokerages in the far western pacific please let me know. That hadnt even occured to me, I've been looking state side and over in Europe. A boat in the range of 36-46ft. would be ok. there is just the two of us but we need to refit to be able to single hand.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
azjayhawker is offline   Reply With Quote