Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-09-2011, 18:00   #1

Boat: Creala 40 ( Crealock )
Creala 40

G,Day, I have a very lovely Creala 40 cutter by Crealock. I have been unable to find out much about this boat in a general sense and have not been able to find any ref to another. It was launched in 1998 and has been well proven at sea. Has any one heard of another?
Ian McD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 18:29   #2

Re: Creala 40

Greetings, i saw a Creala 36 on yachtworld a while back. It was designed by W.I.B. Crealock and built at a yard in Thailand. If I remember correctly, he designed boats for folks like Walter Cronkite and Jane Russell. But I'm affraid a don't know much more then that. Hope it helps.
Old 24-09-2011, 19:03   #3

I have heard of a 36 and of a 34 but nothing specific. The boat is a clone of the pacific seacraft crealock 40 but better finished and fitted out. All is solid teak and there is no veneer anywhere. All timber is set in epoxy. No exposed glass and carpet and the keel is integral with the hull. Not bolted on. It looks like Taiwan in my opinion because of the general fittings and the attention to detail is amazing. The hull is solid glass and the deck is 3/4 ply with 3/8 glass on top and 1/4 glass under and 1/2 inch teak deck on top of that. At least that's at the area around the windlass.
Old 24-09-2011, 19:21   #4

Sounds like you got yourself a nice boat there. I tried a google search but diddn't turn up much.
Old 25-09-2011, 11:13   #5

Boat: 15 foot Canoe

Aloha and welcome aboard!
Good to have you posting here.
kind regards,
Old 10-12-2011, 18:30   #6

- Hello. I happened to see your query on a Creala 40. We sail Hull No. 2 of the Creala 40 line. We acquired her in 2004, from the original owners. Don't know if you're still looking for info.

- One remark on the string so far: the boat is not a clone of the Pacific Seacraft 40; the situation is the reverse: the PS40 is a clone of the Creala 40. My Creala 40 was built in 1986; I've spoken to the builder, and to Mr. Crealock before he passed, about my boat. As regards the PS40, so far as I'm able to find, the model by PS was first built in either 1995 or 97; I've found both dates.

- in any case she--our Creala--is a fine vessel, in all regards, for her type.

- good luck to you.
MOMENTARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 19:18   #7

Thanks for that. This is the first ref to another Creala 40 I have found. Any info you can give me will be appreciated. Who was the builder and where were they built? etc etc. I have no idea of what hull number this one is other than the HIN which doesn't tell me much. If yours is 1986 and mine is 1998 I would think there are a few around? All and any info will be much appreciated.
Old 31-12-2011, 18:56   #8

Ian McD I can give you considerable detail on the Creala 40. I own hull no 1 built in the Philippines -- started in 1986 and launched 1993 after 7 rears of litigation and incompetent builders. Google Creala 40 , GR 89870.

Hull no 1 and no 2 were built in the Philippines. My hull no1 was renumbered as no 3 and sold a second time. The builder then moved to China where hull no 4 (Ian McD boat)and a no 5 (a pilot house version) were built.
dave t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 18:38   #9

Thanks for the info.

I have seen the court published judgement with respect to the boat built in the Phllippines on the web. I couldn't sort out the relationship with mine though. The dates were so far apart and the details of the case didn't suggest the builder carried on elsewhere. It all sounded a bit sus to say the least. Who actually was the builder?
Old 01-01-2012, 19:43   #10

G'Day Dave,

I was in Vancouver last year on my way to collect my Creala which was in Victoria, BC and came across what looked to be another tied up at a public wharf for the day. The crew invited me on board for a look but the owner wasn't there and I didn't get any info on the boat. It was identical to mine but looked a bit longer from memory. The mast compression post was a beautiful piece of polished timber while mine is polished stainless. It also looked a good ten years older. I would guess the 80s. A really beautifull and well maintained yacht. It was not a PS boat I'm sure. Where are you based? From what you say there are only four in total and one of those is the pilot house. I also see on the web that there was a company based in Vancouver which claimed to be the builder of Creala yachts but appears to be no more. Mine was built by a company based in California. Also no more. All very confusing. What did Crealock have to say?
Old 02-01-2012, 13:13   #11

Ian The details necessary for understanding the background are probably not appropriate for this thread. Can fill in details via email. My email -- tillsonds(at)yahoo(dot) com.
Old 09-02-2012, 20:28   #12

Ian McD

I have located some information on your Creala 40. i have three handout pages from Signature Yachts, West Lake Union, Seattle, where the boat was for sale when first delivered to the US.

States the boat was built in China and imported into North America by International Yacht and Equipment Co of Vancouver BC.

Your boat is stated as Creala 40 #4 and a pilot house version is Creala 40 #5.

The only date is --as seen in the July 1998 issue of Northwest Yachting.

I can send you copies of these handouts. dave t
Old 11-02-2012, 18:27   #13

Dave,

I can't see how to post a private message. The e mail address you gave me doesn't seem to be valid. I would certainly like to have copies of the handouts you have. Let me have your e mail and I will give you my postal address.

Cheers

Ian
Old 12-02-2012, 17:17   #14

Ian McD my emal: tillsonds@yahoo.com
Old 10-06-2012, 20:37   #15

Ian McD
Notice you are still interested in Creala 40 information. I posted my email on Cruisers Forum 12-02-2012 so you could forward me a mailing address. Will mail you some data/ info pages on Creala 40. dave t

« Newbie | Ranger29 »