Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 19:59   #1

Boat: 1976 Ranger 28
Count Down to Castoff

I'm new to posting but have been reading for a little while. Finally put a down payment on my boat and felt it was time to step out of the shadows. Shes a 1976 S2 center cockpit 26'. The plan is to be payed off by april (when the snow melts here) and to start in lake michigan. shes a little rough around the edges but should clean up nicely. I really liked the layout and headroom. seems roomy compared to the other 25-27 (hunters catalinas etc)footers i have looked at. Going to live aboard until i have a nice kitty and going to sail out St lawrence seaway down the ICW ( she only draws 2.5' with the center board up!!!) down to florida for a while then the Caribbean.
jSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 20:21   #2

Boat: pearson invicta mk2
congratulations on the boat...they're a great thing to own. You will never be bored because there will always be something to do. You will have the primary list and the next list, the when all the primary gets done the next list will start.
The ICW is a neat trip and your draft will help you along the way. I just did about 650statute mile up the "ditch" and w/ my shoal(4'10") draft ran aground a number of times...olnly once did I need asistance to get off the bottom.
Happy Sailing mate, David
nico105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 00:49   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: We're technically refugees from our home in Yemen now living in Lebenon
Boat: 1978 CT48
Welcome to the forum J...and congratulations!
I'd sure like to see some pictures of your new boat.
James S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 13:44   #4

pirate

Thanks I have just a few pictures right now but i will try to get them up here in the next couple of days, they are huge on my screen and i need to shrink them down to fit in the forums( if you know how to do this tell me and i can get them up sooner). I currently live in milwaukee but am originally from florida thats one of the reasons i want to do the "ditch" but i also look forward to the stops along the way, I want to check out montreal, and a few other places from the comfort of my floating home. I have definitely started compiling my primary list and even have a few things in mind for my secondary list, but I knew what i was getting myself into and the projects are half the fun for me.
-JAMES
Old 05-11-2010, 15:06   #5

Location: Winter land based UK New Forest. Summer months away. Making the transition from sail to power this year - scary stuff.
Boat: Super Van Craft 1320 Power Yacht
Send a message via Skype™ to swagman
Congratulations James on the new boat and proposed lifestyle. Enjoy!
And be sure to keep us all posted.
JOHN
Old 07-11-2010, 22:25   #6

pirate New Pics

These are some of the pics i took when i was up by my new boat.
Its about an hour and 45 mins north of here near lake Winnebago but will be in lake Mich in april. I know some of it looks a little rough but I look forward to my project. I will be changing her name to Sophie(with appropriate renaming rituals) when i paint the hull and rebuild the interior. Ill post more pics as I do more.
Old 26-11-2010, 13:20   #7

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha and welcome aboard!
Good to have you here and congratulations on the "new" boat.
kind regards,
Old 26-11-2010, 20:41   #8

Welcome, I too am new to the forum world. In the process of trying to save enough to procure a boat so I can retire on the water. Hope to join the ranks of captain as many on this site have done. Be safe and enjoy your new lifestyle!
mikek is offline   Reply With Quote