Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread

Old 25-12-2015, 14:20   #181

Boat: Rafiki 37
Re: citizenship

Quote:
Originally Posted by morven55 View Post
It's morven, not morgen; and you make comments in a public forum, yet want to explain/debate in private. Not interested. But feel free to continue making less than flattering comments about folks using screen names or Americans in general. I will continue to respond publicly.
And you continue to make baseless and unsupported personal accusations against me for reasons which I don't understand. I say again, quote the comment you are opposed to. Reference my posts that have become such a bee in your bonnet. Make a counter-point, or explain to me how I am in err.

There are plenty of people who disagree with me here. Most of the time we have interesting and civil discussions about our disagreements. I am happy to have reasonable discussions with reasonable people. So if you have an actual point to make, or an idea to discuss, write it down and we can go at it. All you're doing right now is making vague personal accusations.

Old 25-12-2015, 15:11   #182

Location: Currently in South Pacific. Home Port: Vienna, Austria
Boat: Celestial, Stay'sl-Rigged Sloop, 48 ft

Attention Ladies and Gentlemen! May I have your attention please!

On Boxing Day {Dec 26th} here on CF we'll be presenting

......................... a World Class Bout .....................

between morven55 - weighing in at 77 posts

.................................... AND...............................

Mike OReilly - weighing in at 2328 posts.

Make your reservations early as seating is limited!

Bring your own refreshments -
alcohol permitted providing its kept out of sight of the kiddies!
Popcorn available from the kiosk.

This promises to be both a LONG and VIGOROUS exchange between serious contenders! Don't miss this opportunity to witness History in the making right here on CF! Come one - Come all! Support your favorite contender!

See you right here on CF!

{The foregoing is fully intended as jest and hopefully will be taken as such.}

Old 25-12-2015, 15:48   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
And you continue to make baseless and unsupported personal accusations against me for reasons which I don't understand. I say again, quote the comment you are opposed to. Reference my posts that have become such a bee in your bonnet. Make a counter-point, or explain to me how I am in err.

There are plenty of people who disagree with me here. Most of the time we have interesting and civil discussions about our disagreements. I am happy to have reasonable discussions with reasonable people. So if you have an actual point to make, or an idea to discuss, write it down and we can go at it. All you're doing right now is making vague personal accusations.
"hiding behind silly handles"

"poor little Americans"

Baseless and unsupported they may be...but you posted these sentiments, not I.
I simply commented on what I saw as baseless and unsupported accusations against people who choose to remain anonymous, and the vast majority of Americans who do not consider themselves to be held to such a standard.

Is that really so unreasonable? Does this have to be so difficult? Why do you feel the need to make such comments? No need to get your knickers in a twist, I am simply curious...that and the fact that you seem so defensive. :]
Old 25-12-2015, 15:52   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by svmariane View Post
Attention Ladies and Gentlemen! May I have your attention please!

On Boxing Day {Dec 26th} here on CF we'll be presenting

......................... a World Class Bout .....................

between morven55 - weighing in at 77 posts

.................................... AND...............................

Mike OReilly - weighing in at 2328 posts.

Make your reservations early as seating is limited!

Bring your own refreshments -
alcohol permitted providing its kept out of sight of the kiddies!
Popcorn available from the kiosk.

This promises to be both a LONG and VIGOROUS exchange between serious contenders! Don't miss this opportunity to witness History in the making right here on CF! Come one - Come all! Support your favorite contender!

See you right here on CF!

{The foregoing is fully intended as jest and hopefully will be taken as such.}
What odds are you giving such a lightweight as myself? I'm going against an established heavyweight with a large support base of 5-Gold Star old timers!

I will just take a deep breath and hope he makes a mistake and then...right for the throat! :]
Old 25-12-2015, 16:07   #185

Location: Currently in South Pacific. Home Port: Vienna, Austria
Boat: Celestial, Stay'sl-Rigged Sloop, 48 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by morven55 View Post
What odds are you giving such a lightweight as myself? I'm going against an established heavyweight with a large support base of 5-Gold Star old timers!

I will just take a deep breath and hope he makes a mistake and then...right for the throat! :]
Now now...... No blood on the decks, please. Can't have that.
Spoils the varnish.

Matchmakers have set the odds as dead even because
we're equal-opportunity jesters.

P.S.: For those who might have missed the reference, in certain cultures "Boxing Day" refers to the day after Christmas. Sort of a British Thing, don't you know..... Remnet of Ye Ol' Empire. If you already knew that then belay my last.
Old 25-12-2015, 16:21   #186

Quote:
Spoils the varnish.

P.S.: For those who might have missed the reference, in certain cultures "Boxing Day" refers to the day after Christmas. Sort of a British Thing, don't you know..... Remnet of Ye Ol' Empire. If you already knew that then belay my last.
I can see Canada [BC] from my deck...LOL! Especially when my deck is in Canada! So I do understand the Boxing Day reference...

Having said that my deck is just south of the border currently so it will be a Canada/US match for sure! Play the odds, you might win BIG!
Old 25-12-2015, 16:27   #187

Quote:
Spoils the varnish.

Oh, and it's not the decks or brightwork that I worry about...it's the way it stains the topsides under the scuppers that looks so unsightly! "Good grief Hazel! Look at the bloody stains on the topsides of that lovely boat! You'd think the owner would be concerned!"
Old 25-12-2015, 17:02   #188
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)

Alright morven, time for the meds, then a nice little tea and a good winter's nap.
As for mike, I am south of the border so I have no jurisdiction. Can we have a medical person look in on him please?
Old 25-12-2015, 17:19   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Beth View Post
Alright morven, time for the meds, then a nice little tea and a good winter's nap.
As for mike, I am south of the border so I have no jurisdiction. Can we have a medical person look in on him please?
Actually, I quit the meds about a year ago; I don't like the residual effects. But it was necessary if I wanted to survive. But I will have some Tetley's and go to bed early. Just having a little fun and trying to keep a good attitude in this gloomy, rainy weather.

I'm sure Mike is ok, and I wish him the best...

Merry Christmas down there in Astoria!
Old 25-12-2015, 18:20   #190

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

Not sure if it's the Christmas spirit but apparently too many people just can't stop from getting political. This thread has nothing to do with sailing anymore and has been closed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: