Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 14-03-2014, 03:41   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator
Re: Circumnavigating/ Sailing Is Sexy

Ah well, it seems that we are not of the same opinion or wavelength.

Coops.

Old 14-03-2014, 04:18   #47
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

cute can we have more beaver and less butt......were you a voyeur in your last life!

the girls are all a bit too coy.........but there is hope for the boys who would appeal to the gay community

Old 14-03-2014, 04:44   #48

Boat: Islander Freeport, 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
cute can we have more beaver and less butt......were you a voyeur in your last life!

the girls are all a bit too coy.........but there is hope for the boys who would appeal to the gay community

Like stated earlier you can find anything you want online, butt you're not getting anything from me
Old 14-03-2014, 04:52   #49
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

videos lack "content"could you perhaps do a video of the girls taking pot shots at dolphins or something............................
Old 14-03-2014, 04:56   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
videos lack "content"could you perhaps do a video of the girls taking pot shots at dolphins or something............................

I'm sure that would be critically acclaimed CRAZY.
Old 14-03-2014, 05:34   #51
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

skinny dipping with sharks
Old 14-03-2014, 05:37   #52

Now for that, I'll be the first to jump in.

Hmmm, or I guess I can just wait for pirate waters when our boat has rivets in it and is filling up with water... (Knocking on wood that, that never happens)
Old 14-03-2014, 12:08   #53

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon-C22 Chrysler Sunpiper- 19 Potter-Preparing to cruise w/my girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailingissexy View Post
Thanks Buddy,
It's so great to hear some positivity. It's not always easy and there are moments of doubt when taking on such a large sojourn. We appreciate the support. Returning the good vibes.
Much Aloha,
E<3
You bet!!!

There's always going to be moments of doubt... Throw your irreplaceable experiences, joys and memories on the other side of the scale and you have a clear winner....

Enjoyed checking out your website too....

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2014, 15:16   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune's Gear View Post
Piracy in the Indian ocean will still be an issue. VERY few, if any boats are taking the red sea route. There are some going around SA.
I was one of the last boats to attempt the Red Sea Route from the Maldives in 2011. We eventually turned back, after one boat in front of us was taken and the crew killed, another had disappeared, and another, coming south east, was riddled with bullet holes (27) and had blood all over the decks. This is very serious stuff! Easy for those at home to say go, or not go, but the decision must be yours. The boat that was shot up was attacked by over 10 skiffs, all with 7-8 men, all with AK's and some with RPGs. One security man is not sufficient, and a yacht is a very unstable firing platform, even if you are armed. You are unlikely to be armed as well as the pirates... NONE of the skippers in the area would do that route again unless the security situation changed a LOT.
Don't discount SE Asia, it's great.
Good luck, fair winds etc....
Matt
Matt thank you so much for filling us in. Where else do you recommend to be on guard from Bali to South Africa?
Old 14-03-2014, 15:43   #55

Boat: Sail any boats from 28 to 60 ft

Quote:
God, is the double spinnaker sweet?!
Beautiful photography. Beautiful model with excellent emotive skills.
Old 14-03-2014, 17:34   #56

Boat: Frers, Pilothouse, 72ft

Let me think...oh yes...pretentious, spoiled rotten and they're the best people they know.....and what's with the attitude?
Gimme a break, if you're going to circumnavigate then circumnavigate.....got to take the rough with the smooth, the poor with the rich and everything in between....the world is what it is and you NEED to see and experience as much of it as you possibly can...otherwise, if you only desire is to live in your perfect little world...... you'll miss the best parts.
Some of these "Dirty" Countries, as you call them, also happen to have the nicest, honest and friendly people that you'll ever meet.
But, then again, stick to you're game plan, get to Aus and meet the local boy's, they might just bring you down a peg or two....
Have fun....
Old 14-03-2014, 17:46   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Let me think...oh yes...pretentious, spoiled rotten and they're the best people they know.....and what's with the attitude?
Gimme a break, if you're going to circumnavigate then circumnavigate.....got to take the rough with the smooth, the poor with the rich and everything in between....the world is what it is and you NEED to see and experience as much of it as you possibly can...otherwise, if you only desire is to live in your perfect little world...... you'll miss the best parts.
Some of these "Dirty" Countries, as you call them, also happen to have the nicest, honest and friendly people that you'll ever meet.
But, then again, stick to you're game plan, get to Aus and meet the local boy's, they might just bring you down a peg or two....
Have fun....

You've got us all figured out from behind your keyboard.

I'm about to jump in some pearly blue pacific water, you know we're having fun!!! Now don't be jealous, be a good sport about it at least.
Old 14-03-2014, 17:46   #58

Boat: Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Have fun....
While we would avoid certain high piracy areas, there is no where that we'd not like to meet the people. We've found people much the same when you get to know them, from billionaires to those making $500 a year in less developed countries. One of the great joys of cruising is breaking through the stereotypes and misconceptions. My wife has never met a stranger and that has allowed us to meet some incredible people. Just a few days ago we had a wonderful day in Apalachicola, which going there was a last minute change of plans. We got to meet the local artists and artisans. See their studios. Find out what motivates them and what inspired their work. We like art galleries, but this was an entirely different level and depth.

We love small town to NYC, south or north, east or west. We look forward to many countries. We've never been anywhere we didn't meet some people we really liked.
Old 14-03-2014, 18:05   #59
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43

Quote:

I'm about to jump in some pearly blue pacific water, you know we're having fun!!! Now don't be jealous, be a good sport about it at least.
You are talking to a lot of people here who currently live/cruise in those dirty places with those dirty natives surrounded by that same pearly blue water, be it Pacific, Caribbean, Coral Sea, South China Sea, Indian Ocean or whatever. (Check out where Wolfy actually is)
Old 14-03-2014, 18:13   #60
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Quote:

Yes, SiSxy, some of us are indeed out here cruising. And most of us like to talk about things we've already accomplished more than telling an audience about what we are surely gonna do in the future. Nor do most of us feel a need to post videos of our activities. That's why you are getting some negative responses to this thread.

And no, not jealous either. Sailed to Hawaii a couple of times, and while it is beautiful, not a particularly good cruising destination IMO. YMMV, and that is one of the good things about cruising... the varying mileage (so to speak).

Cheers,

Jim

Tags
sail, sailing

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: