Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 14:33   #1

Charter in Spanish Virgin Islands

Hi, I am new here and my name is Dave from the Pacific Northwest of Washington state. I have bareboated out of Tortola before but am planning a week or so trip out of Puerto Rico this late April/early May. Because all my friends are either financially stressed, scared, or just acting old, this time it will just be my wife and I unless we run into a charming couple who want to join us. Looking for a good sail bareboat charter company in Puerto Rico? Second tier boats are fine. Also, who has a good four day (or so...) itinerary for sailing out of Puerto Rico? Meaning, what do we NOT want to miss?

Thanks, Dave and Connie
Dr. Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 11:57   #2

Re: Charter in Spanish Virgin Islands

Just today secured our charter out of Tortola, heading to the SVI's March 4-14th. I'll be on this forum and TTOL up until then to try and glean as much info as possible. Sorry I can't help with your initial question about a charter company there. We are in the owner/partnership program with Sunsail, that's why we are picking the boat up in Tortola. When are you planning your trip?
NWCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2012, 00:38   #3

Hi, we bareboated out of Tortola about 5 years ago on a Cat. Sailed all around the BVI. Probably the best trip of our lives. We're heading to Puerto Rico in April to see the main island and hopefully grab a short bareboat time out to the Spanish V.I. for about four days. Are you folks from the Pacific NW? The shared ownership option sound inviting!!
Dave M.
Dr. Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2012, 02:03   #4

Boat: Sunbeam, 37, Ziamar

There isn't a lot of bareboat chartering in PR. I'll ask around but I haven't seen any ads. To get to the Spanish Virgins you'll want to leave from Fajardo/Ceiba. I don't think there is any chartering in Salinas at all. It's uphill to Culebra and a little easier to reach Vieques. Of course you could be lucky and get a front that would shift the winds.
Old 20-02-2012, 05:22   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_E
There isn't a lot of bareboat chartering in PR. I'll ask around but I haven't seen any ads. To get to the Spanish Virgins you'll want to leave from Fajardo/Ceiba. I don't think there is any chartering in Salinas at all. It's uphill to Culebra and a little easier to reach Vieques. Of course you could be lucky and get a front that would shift the winds.
Was just there on private boat. There are bareboats out of Fajardo, look online but expensive. Salinas is very small. Culebra and Culebrita were beautiful. There is a new free cruising guide to PR, look for it online. Ponce a private club that might have space. Fuel and water available, etc. Hope that helps.
Cappat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 14:56   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
Hi, we bareboated out of Tortola about 5 years ago on a Cat. Sailed all around the BVI. Probably the best trip of our lives. We're heading to Puerto Rico in April to see the main island and hopefully grab a short bareboat time out to the Spanish V.I. for about four days. Are you folks from the Pacific NW? The shared ownership option sound inviting!!
Dave M.
We live in Bend, Oregon. As far as our upcoming trip, we're planning to go from Tortola to the SVI's on this trip since we've been to BVI's numerous times. Enjoy your trip.
NWCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 16:22   #7

Boat: 15 foot Canoe

Aloha and welcome aboard!
You're already getting lots of contacts and answers. That's great. Oregon native here but haven't lived there for many years. I know the warm weather south and east is inviting but I'd like to do some sailing up in your area.
kind regards,

Tags
charter