Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 26-10-2011, 08:36   #16

Boat: 15m Cat
Re: Canadian Newbe

Souris is a great spot to keep a boat. But our plan is to sell the house and leave shortly after the boat is launched. When the truck arrives to pick up the boat, we plan to pound the for sale sign into the ground the same day.
We often go to Souris to look at the boats, I'm sure we'll see you there.
Cheers.
Paul.

Old 01-01-2012, 17:58   #17

Boat: Vancouver 25

Trevor... just saw your boat online today. I was randomly searching for sailboats, just because it is the time of year... Sailing is just around the corner now, as far as I am concerned. I had never seen a Tayana before, and loved the design of your boat. What really attracted me to it, was that is looked a bit like a larger version of my own boat. Was showing my partner the pictures, and told him "it looks like it could be a Bob Harris design." Dah! I did a bit of research and bingo, it is. We own a Vancouver 25 and I see a lot of similarities to your boat and ours. Actually, I fell in love with your boat too, as a big sister to Rainbow. I am drawn to canoe stern boats. I checked out as many Tayana's as I could find online, and your interior layout is really unique! You certainly found a gem! Just too bad you are in PEI and we are south of Halifax. Would love to see your boat in real life. We called Bob Harris last year and I now have an autographed copy of his book. Am sure the Tayana's must be mentioned in it. Will dig it out and check for you. Are you moving up from another sailboat? It should be a nice sail from Arichat to PEI! -- Verona

Old 04-01-2012, 09:06   #18

Hello there, Sorry about the delay in replying, I am in the coast guard and at sea at present on the Sir William Alexander, in fact I am in Dartmouth as I type this and dont get off the boat untul Jan 26. My boat is still in Arichat until the spring, the present owner stores the boat under cover so there was no point closing the deal until the spring, I dont want to sail until then anyway. I found the advert for her on th internet I think it was the yachtworld site, anyway, I did a lot of thinking before we bought her, considering buying from the states, but decided to buy Canadian and not put the money into the pockets of transport companies and the government coffers as duty, you end up paying near the same with a worn out boat. I will be sailing around this area from Souris next summer and if you want to go out in her I would be glad to take you.
If you would like a Tayana 37 with the same layout inside, there is one fopr sale in Newfoundland, it was dismasted and requires some work but to repair the damage done when the mast came down, but inside she is in very good condition.

Regards
Trevor
S/V Phoenix
Old 06-01-2012, 00:22   #19

Boat: Currently boatless

Welcome from some Canadians in Mexico!
Livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:57   #20

Boat: Island Packet 38

Welcome from Mark and Margie in Chester Basin with Tattoo and IP38.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:48   #21

Location: Winter land based UK New Forest. Summer months away. Making the transition from sail to power this year - scary stuff.
Boat: Super Van Craft 1320 Power Yacht
Send a message via Skype™ to swagman

G'Day Trevor,
Welcome to CF and I like the sound of the boat. We had US pals who loved one. Sadly it went down but looked after them as it did so. They then got 46 and covered quite a few miles before heading home. It too was a nice boat.
Sail safe.
JOHN
Old 09-12-2013, 12:07   #22

Boat: 15m Cat

Well, how did everything go? Have you been sailing? How was it? Where did you go?

I'm still landlocked and would love to hear about your travels, repairs, modifications...whatever, I'm having withdrawals.

Cheers.
Paul.

« New Members | HI »
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: