Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 02:43   #1

Big Island Bound

I live on the Big Island of Hawaii. I have a 5 year old beautiful daughter. Been here on the mainland since september and visited friends and family in 15 states. Im a greenhorn when it comes to sailing but im in good physical shape and have been able to grasp whatever i've put my mind to in life. Sailing has always been one of my dreams in life! My goal is to have my own one day. I've been on multiple day-trips out to sea on charters and whatnot, surprisingly i've grasped some of the terminology. Anyway I plan to update my knowledge of the sea and sooner than later I hope.
So ultimately I would love to bypass flying back home and am willing to pull my weight and then some. I'm in Oregon as of now, but it's no worries for me to launch from anywhere on the west coast. I have a friend from Spain who has essentially hitchhiked across the pacific this past year and I'm game for the same! Please point me in the right direction to make this happen. Even Castles made of sand, fall into the sea, eventually. Any advice is an absolute blessing! Aloha Nui Loa!
Big Island Bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:26   #2

Boat: In the hunt again, unknown
Welcome to CF Big Island Bra! I think you'll find the folks here are friendly and helpful!
Khagan1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:43   #3

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha and welcome aboard!
The months that bring most sailors this way (to Hilo) are May, June and July. You might try the local Portland or Seattle area clubs to see if you can post a crew position notice.
kind regards,
Old 01-02-2011, 12:18   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: 1976 Sabre 28-2
Send a message via Yahoo to roverhi
Google 'Latitude 38', the magazine has a crew section. Would be a good start. This is the year of the TransPac out of LA so may be an opportunity there.
roverhi is offline   Reply With Quote