Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2015, 08:25   #1

Awesome

Well, new to the forums, but not to sailing. I've been through my share of knockdown, drag-outs at sea, in the bar, and on forums. Looking forward to another community of good information and hopefully sarcasm wrapped in stolen threads.

That said, I think I know what I'm doing 99% of the time, I think I'm actually correct 1%. I don't have a big boat; I don't even own a small one. But my father made me retire from soccer on the weekends at age 7, and quickly through a sailboat my way the next summer to distract me from ball sports. I never looked back (Although I still don't understand the rules of football or baseball). My claim to fame is that I grew up on a sailboat in Kansas. <-sit back, this outta be good

I'm in Colorado now, wondering how the hell I ended up here instead of on a boat. Well, it has to do with finances and racing downhill mountain bikes. That said, my kids are now hooked on sailing after a charter in the BVI . So now I'm just landlocked, saving money for a second home in the Caribbean somewhere.

IE
IndecentExposur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:05   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Re: Awesome

Welcome to the Community Amigo....
SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:48   #3

Boat: Morgan 44 CC
Re: Awesome

Check out the sailing in Colorado. I have been sailing here for 20 years on Carter Lake and Dillon. Good racing goes on around the state. Sailing Association of Intermountain Lakes (SAIL). Wind can blow hard in the mountains and sharpen your skills. I also get to Caribbean every year. We took a Colorado team to Antigua Sailing Week last year and did very well. I took another group of Colorado sailors from Guadeloupe to Martinique this year. A great trip. It's not the live-aboard life, but you can do a lot if you want it to happen. BTW, I have worked in the Caribbean and can tell you, living there is not the same as vacationing there.
derfy is offline   Reply With Quote