Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-04-2015, 13:50   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to MarinaOnMaui
Smile Aloha from Maui!

I have salt water in the veins but feeling a little less salty here. Cruising in the Hawaiian waters is not easy. The islands have no natural hurricane holes and the cost and red tape to build harbors is very expensive so having a boat on an exposed mooring is risky. Getting a slip requires a 15 year wait. Ouch! Instead I have joined the two yacht clubs here; Maui Boat and Yacht Club and Lahaina Yacht Club, so I can get out on the water.

My cruising schedule is 2 years out but in the mean time am always looking for my steel, center cockpit, ketch. I don't have the luxury of buying her while I'm still working, and make her ready as I go. I've seen a few good boats slip by.
Old 22-04-2015, 15:38   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Aloha from Maui!

Howdy and Welcome Aboard the Forum!

I enjoyed sailing from Oahu to Kauai and a week in Hanalei Bay. Hawaii can be a beautiful place to sail. I remember thinking how brilliant blue the water was too.

Since you are new to this forum, let me mention a few things you might miss but that could help you more enjoy your time here:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ics-19760.html

Social Groups
There are also some "social groups" that are more focused on special interests. I am not a member of those groups, but you should be able to find them if you do some exploring of the forum website, look for "groups."

Cruisers & Sailing Forums - All Groups

As I recall there is a social group on this forum site that is focused on metal boats.

Profiles Help People Relate

You can also post a profile (when you sign up you can create a profile on this site or edit it later) and in that you can also post photos and a description of your sailing desires or experiences. I also encourage the use of a photo of the sailor (or couple) as the avatar. I think it also adds to the "human community" aspect of the online experience.

Good luck on your sailing adventures and have fun!

Steady
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote