Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-02-2013, 04:24   #16
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: Ahoy Matey!! Care To Weigh My Mizzen?

I'm going to need to change my meds.
Old 28-02-2013, 04:25   #17
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

sounds like a fun life--tumbleweed catcher to sailor with training wheel....not too many bats like tanks, tho----will l be fun to meet ye!
bubba says hay to admiral--he catching my gekkos....

hope ye dont get shut down as you are fun to read.....

again..welcome--some army guys float, but the water wings idea is a sound one....

bubba sent a meaouw...
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 06:21   #18

Boat: PDQ 36

Ok, I hope everybody's doing all right. DonL has had plenty of time to self-medicate by now. Zee, Hays and hugs transferred. Chester sent a muffled meow as he's not much of a cat person. Prefers him some dillos, as I said.

So, as one can plainly see, I am a real person, not the conjurence of some idle and mischievous adolescent mind. With a modicum of self-efficacy and a dollop of self-deprecation, one might get the idea that I like playing with myself. It says here on my psychiatric evaluation that I play well with others too. Wait a minute, 'does NOT...'.

As I am also a teacher, and this is the internet, you can freely assume that what I have to say is mostly true. The words I mispell have been verified elsewhere on the internet. In any event, I may request that the mods 'sticky' an English-to-English dictionary to anything that I post to help the Americans figure out what the heck I'm talking about.

I've got to go find a(THE) boat people.

Mañana!
NautiBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 06:34   #19
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

i like that--mostly true part..lol.....
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:35   #20

Boat: Ericson, 28+
Send a message via Skype™ to Gelfling

You remind me of this guy, Stephen? Do you know him? You have a lot of the same views (even the sailing part) and you express them quite the same way.
Gelfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:51   #21

Hi G:

I do not think I know of this Stephen of which you speak. Does he/she post here?

They'll never get to deciphering the true meaning. Hold on..so, about this mizzen gadget, do you think it could be employed more effectively with a parasailor, or a drogue? ...gotta keep it vaguely nautical at all times..where were we?
Old 02-03-2013, 17:20   #22

Howdy Mr Cotemar!

How is your day going? We all were just trying to decide if a Rocna would be suitable for the task in question. With your blessing we'll just carry on with this pleasant nautical discussion. Have a nice day!
Old 02-03-2013, 17:25   #23

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by NautiBits View Post
Howdy Mr Cotemar!

How is your day going? We all were just trying to decide if a Rocna would be suitable for the task in question. With your blessing we'll just carry on with this pleasant nautical discussion. Have a nice day!
Of course it would
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 17:29   #24

Location: Northern British Columbia, part of the time in Prince Rupert and part of the time on Moresby Island.
Boat: 50-ft steel Ketch
Send a message via MSN to Astrid Send a message via Yahoo to Astrid

Nothing wrong with a 6-pdr (AKA 57mm).
Old 02-03-2013, 18:35   #25

Oh baby! That Mr. Cotemar is a hoot in the holler! He/she just livened this thread right up. Ooh boyzie.
Old 02-03-2013, 18:51   #26

Boat: hunter 376

Make sure to look at one of those newfangled Catamarans where the mast and keel are interchangeable. If you capsize, why you just swap them over, and continue like nothin' happened.
Welcome aboard
shorebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 19:09   #27

Okay people, we're going back to feng shui for a moment.

Hi Astrid,

That is a nice....almost said the 'g' word ...projectile dispensing machine you've suggested. But how would it look on the deck of a Morgan O/I? See mods, nautical stuff, we're all about talking nautical here. Sorry Astrid. Where was I? Oh Yeah, feng shui. Oh, and thank you for your service, where ever it was. I owe the rabbi one of those too. I got a little distracted when the mods slithered into the thread. There is nothing to hide here, but, you know, creepy. The six pounder, 57mm, (Hotchkiss was it?), was(is?) a fantastic crowd control device. I was thinking back a few hundred years though. You know, swab, load, prime, fire. Do it all again. Plain old drop the six pound shot down the muzzle and get out of the way. As you know, the cannon employed in a direct fire mode has been an important part of our civilization. I made a decent living working with one. So, except for the cannonballs rolling around on deck, I thought s/v Aythya would just look sexy with a couple of those barrels peaking over the gunwale. What do you think?
Old 02-03-2013, 19:10   #28

Shorebird,

Like so many things, I did not know that. I will look it up. Thank you kindly.
Old 02-03-2013, 19:41   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Islander 34

WOW, Guns, anchors and cat's all in the hello thread. I am impressed!! Good luck with the boat hunt'n.

I think CF may need to hire a few more mods, just for NautiBits threads.

Welcome aboard Sir!!
sailorchic34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 19:41   #30

Rabbi D:

Apologies for not recognizing your military service. It is not because you were in the Air Force. You'll notice I did list them higher in the pecking order than the Coasties. Not that there is anything wrong with Coasties! You guys are trying to get me in trouble, and I don't even have a boat yet. Thanks for your service padre! My first experience with the Air Force was when I caught a MAC flight back from Deutschland back in the day. (A MAC flight is a flight, duh!, that goes from somewhere to another place (or sometimes right back where there came from) on a schedule, of sorts. This is a US Air Force plane staffed by people we call Airmen (even if they are women). Sometimes they go where you want, sometimes they don't, and sometimes they change destinations somewhere in between. The coolest thing for me is that inside the continental US the cost was FREE, and overseas flights cost $10. And it was an all you can eat flight!! So, since I was Private (not a Primate dang spelchek), $10 to fly back to the good ol' USofA was just a no-brainer. Anywho, I was sitting in this plane, somewhere over the Atlantic(ocean), freezing my bung-hole off. The heat came blasting in making it really, really hot, and then it would stop, and it would be really, really cold. So, I was bundled up and shivering in a fold up metal chair (like a cheap card table chair without the seat cushion) that was bolted to the floor, when this kindly, gray-haired gent in soothing Air Force blues bent over and asked me if I would like anything to eat. I was scared to death! I knew this guy was an NCO and a senior one at that. I didn't know what his rank was but I knew that an armload of squiggly lines(look up USAF rank) meant he was important. In the Army, you jump to Parade Rest (like Attention, but more painful for some reason) in front of such a man. Than you run around picking up cigarette butts. But, this guy was warm an cuddly like my Grampa. I enjoyed the meal and all the other things he brought me.