Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 18-09-2016, 21:31   #1

Boat: Hunter 27
1979 Hunter 27 owner

I am 2 years new to sailing and basically inherited this sailboat. I have been boating all my life but this is very different and I really enjoy the peace when things go well. After much TLC the boat is beginning to come alive again after much neglect from previous owners. I am looking for any others with a similar sailboat to share information with. We do not have the diesel inboard usable so we have a 9 hp outboard which works out ok. The head has been replaced with a porta potty. The rudder was sheared off so we have had a new one replaced, however, the packing gland is now leaking so we have just this little problem to solve and hopefully we will be out sailing again without fear. Overall the boat is wonderful. I am looking forward to learning much information from this site. Thank you.

dlsflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2016, 23:09   #2

Boat: 81 Hunter Cherubini 27
Re: 1979 Hunter 27 owner

dlsflorida, Good to see another Hunter Cherubini owner here! I too have a similar boat, an 81 Hunter 27, although I haven't set foot onboard her yet. Purchased my boat a few months ago in preparation for repatriating to the States next April and intend to be living aboard the boat and sailing up and down the east coast for the following year.

If you are interested, I have basic drawings of the Hunter Cherubini 27 which include electrical and plumbing systems. Also I have copies of the Hunter 27 Owner's manual and an advertisement brochure from that era (Kinda cool nostalgic stuff). PM me if you are interested and I will be more than happy to share my info with you. And I will pick you brain about the layout of your boat as I haven't been on mine yet and am armchair planning at the moment for outfitting and modifying my boat when I get Stateside.

FYI, There is a forum here for Hunter owners (listed under Builders on the site's menu bar). Best of luck with the rudder gland packing repairs

Teknishn (Technician): One who fixes S%#T you can't, based on dubious information provided by those with questionable knowledge and/or experience.
Teknishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2016, 04:49   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, disflorida.
Gord May
"If you didn't have the time or money to do it right in the first place, when will you get the time/$ to fix it?"

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2016, 07:01   #4

Boat: Hunter 27

Also, from what I am reading the 27 Hunter may not be a blue water boat. You can sail the intercoastal waters I believe along the east coast. I hope to go to the keys with mine.
dlsflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2016, 07:19   #5

Boat: Gulfstar 50 ketch

You can also go to Hunter They even have a sub group for Cherubini Hunters.
ctl411 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: