Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-09-2011, 08:34   #31

Boat: Custom 41' Steel Pilothouse Cutter
Re: Your Family History

Ewe tell me.
S/V Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 18:31   #32

What if your familey tree dosent fork? Most of us have tails..lol soooo joking
coyfish9906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 18:35   #33

Boat: Prior boats: Transpac 49; DeFever 54

My stepmom told me my family tree started with the wooden orange crate I was in on the steps of a church. I should change my name to Valencia... Capt Phil
Capt Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 20:02   #34

Boat: 1974 islander 44
There are a lot of family trees with no branches where I live now . I run for a gun if I hear banjo music
Svsilvergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 20:50   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svsilvergirl View Post
Family trees have a way of being a lil confused sometimes. I grew up being told that I was a direct decendant of Geronimo. On a motorcycle trip back from stir is , we stopped at cutters last stand. The park ranger narrating the story proceeded to announce that Geronimo died with out ever having children. When I questioned this with family , they said that the history books must be wrong , after all , their parents had told them , they were geronimo's direct blood. Sheesh , try telling grandma she's full of ****.........
Very odd, as I presume you are referring to the indian warrior Geronimo.

According to wikipedia (yea, I know, any fool can edit it and make it wrong), but Geronimo did have a wife and children. So,. your granny had a better idea then some fool of a ranger.....
h20man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 21:37   #36

Yup , I was talking bout the apache warrior Geronimo all right , it was prolly granny who went on Wikipedia and changed it. She hated being wrong....
Old 13-09-2011, 22:16   #37

Quote:
Yup , I was talking bout the apache warrior Geronimo all right , it was prolly granny who went on Wikipedia and changed it. She hated being wrong....
Wow, she certainly has been busy....

even more stuff is on the web... (yea.. the web of lies.. but.. it is there....)

saying some interesting stuff...

from the link :

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.theoutlaws.com/indians5.htm
As a bit of trivia, a number of his (GERONIMO'S) descendants have been well-known in various fields of endeavor. One of his grandsons was a famous character actor in Hollywood by the name of Charlie Stevens. Charlie acted in hundreds of films and was a close personal friend of Douglas Fairbanks, Sr. Another grandson, Geronimo III, would often bring his Apaches down from the Mescalero Reservation in New Mexico for pow-wow each summer, to the great delight of the people in Alamogordo.

Geronimo is the ONLY Indian to be recognized worldwide for his bravery and ferocity, and this includes the likes of such great leaders as Cochise, Crazy Horse, Stand Watie, Osceola, Satanta, et al. The battle cry of "Geronimo" stands alone as the most powerful word in the military language.
so your granny may not be so mad after all..
Old 13-09-2011, 22:42   #38

Location: Northern British Columbia, part of the time in Prince Rupert and part of the time on Moresby Island.
Boat: 50-ft steel Ketch
Send a message via MSN to Astrid Send a message via Yahoo to Astrid

This site also has some photographs of Geronimo's wife, child, and grand children

Geronimo
Old 13-09-2011, 23:00   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrid View Post
This site also has some photographs of Geronimo's wife, child, and grand children

Geronimo
Blast... Svsilvergirl's granny has been busy.......

or.......

the ranger was just self propelled brainless body..... and had no clue as to the truth of Geronimo and his descendants...
Old 13-09-2011, 23:13   #40
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by h20man View Post
Blast... Svsilvergirl's granny has been busy.......

or.......

the ranger was just self propelled brainless body..... and had no clue as to the truth of Geronimo and his descendants...
Did ya ever see this MANS mug? I dont think he had any children!! God bless the woman if he did>>>>>>
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 23:17   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
Did ya ever see this MANS mug? I dont think he had any children!! God bless the woman if he did>>>>>>

Hey,, be nice...

Svsilvergirl claims to be a descendant...

and as to his mug... yea.. those photos were taken AFTER he was captured.

the poor guy was just trying to protect his people, and had a VERY HARD life.......

so... all the photos do is demonstrate that he had had a HARD life.....

wow... this is REAL thread drift....

we should get a better anchor...
Old 13-09-2011, 23:43   #42
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by h20man View Post
Hey,, be nice...

Svsilvergirl claims to be a descendant...

and as to his mug... yea.. those photos were taken AFTER he was captured.

the poor guy was just trying to protect his people, and had a VERY HARD life.......

so... all the photos do is demonstrate that he had had a HARD life.....one more time I Have This Here bible That I Will Trade For Some Of MY Land..put that money where that mouth is and me and Silvergirl will be very happy....I didnt think so..just kidden im sure silvergirl is doing fine too...there is more than

wow... this is REAL thread drift....

we should get a better anchor...
I would think that all that stuff has been breed out of all of US by now you should see me ...Im real pretty ..same for any of the rest of MY PEOPLE...come on light en up...why did it take so long for someone to come to OUR defense? You think We look good ?Lets go sailing together...ha ha wo wo wo you speak with fork tongue..think we all live in tee pee and we scalp you...ha ha ha ..what do most americans and or other people know about US..Wild bills Wild West SHOW... and tell me something else I dont know...LOL..LOl..Lol..lol..ha ha..Im sure silvergirl is as good looking as I am..and that is saying a LOT..ha.h..a...h...a..I am Native..and I have some UGLY kin folk..what about you?lol..lol.lol
Old 14-09-2011, 05:53   #43

Whoa , I wasn't bad mouthing geronimo , only laughing about how f*ed up family stories can get.....i would much sooner poke fun at the inbred rednecks that make up the small town I live in .
Old 14-09-2011, 10:00   #44
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Whoa , I wasn't bad mouthing geronimo , only laughing about how f*ed up family stories can get.....i would much sooner poke fun at the inbred rednecks that make up the small town I live in .
If I marry my neice does that mean Im a redneck or an inbreed? Im Sure it wouldnt be both..would it..naw
Old 15-09-2011, 14:24   #45

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

My Great Grandfather was the Harbormaster in Hamburg Germany. I would imagine he saw the first steam ships and the upcoming doom of sail.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
family, history