Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 17-10-2010, 18:38   #136

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
I guess the concept is... one is no longer supposed to be "hunting"
Why not? There is no better meat... weekend article in an urban (Toronto) newspaper kinda tells it all

Old 17-10-2010, 18:41   #137

Boat: Nassau 42 SV Ceol Mor
Re: Tartans. Hubby's kilt is his dress family kilt(he also has a 'drinking' kilt!) Groomsmn is sadly English and thus subject to a rental.

Mimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 20:25   #138
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
Too far in.

After coming home from this weekend out she said the only time she feels relaxed at all now is on the boat.

She doesn't want to sell it.

Sorta opposite huh?
depends upon what it is you consider normal.

many folks, i have noticed, especially htose who sail and love the sea, are NOT "normal."

kilts are great--i had one from my historic clan -- my grandfather wore his-- andmy cousin wears his.. and a friend of mine marches in parades wearing his playing bagpipes...ghillies and all... 5the rental in th epic hd ghillies and the guy had a bum lookonhis face-- no wonder--is english--LOL--forced into PROPER attire...LOL

is an awesome pic!!
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 21:24   #139

Boat: McGregor venture 15 "IMP"
I am totally surprised by the amount of ladies that seem to be posting. I had traditionally thought that this was a male dominated dream, and that many had to attempt to drag their wives along. It would seem that many of the posters are ladies who have convinced their husbands, or taken their husbands dreams and run with them. Well done ladies!
Spencer
Old 18-10-2010, 00:42   #140

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scook1 View Post
I am totally surprised by the amount of ladies that seem to be posting. I had traditionally thought that this was a male dominated dream, and that many had to attempt to drag their wives along. It would seem that many of the posters are ladies who have convinced their husbands, or taken their husbands dreams and run with them. Well done ladies!
Spencer
husband?? boyfriend?? where?? i didnt see any here....
Old 18-10-2010, 08:33   #141
CF Adviser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Why not? There is no better meat... weekend article in an urban (Toronto) newspaper kinda tells it all

“…. But we hae meat and we kin eat… so let the Lord be thankit…” Robert Burns
Old 18-10-2010, 08:53   #142
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Rhodes Reliant 41ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by scook1 View Post
Spencer
Those ladies are worth their weight in gold.
I would rather be with a lady who loved sailing, and not have a boat--than to have a boat, and a lady who disliked sailing.
The former you can change to-gether, in a positive way.
The latter
Old 18-10-2010, 09:48   #143

Boat: Hans Christian 33
The ocean always had a place in my heart, and so I joined the Navy in high school so that I could get out and explore the world. I spent 6 years in the Navy and then decided to get out and take advantage of the booming economy. I ended up moving back to Ohio and got sucked up into the whole work and buy a house thing. It took 911 to knock the sense back into me.

I like to think that I called my wife into my life with my new desires, but she’ll tell you otherwise. She always had a goal of sailing around the world, and when I met her, she was making beginning plans on moving to Australia. I remembered having a dream of living on a sailboat, but I had completely lost it living that standard “American Dream”. She got that dream going again for me, and here we are living on our boat in the Florida keys making plans for our next move. Gotta love it.
ReMetau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 10:57   #144

Boat: Maxum 37'
Mine is out. We are just finishing raising a family so the time will come soon for her to make a decision. I have to drag her to go to the boat now, she has stated repeatedly that she will never live on it. She likes to travel, but hates the inconvenience. I stated before we were married, and repeatedly after, that that was my intention, I guess she thought she could convince me to "settle down and grow up". Well time will tell...
Old 18-10-2010, 17:58   #145

Cruisers Forum Supporter

there are many females with ownership of their own boats. these ladies, most of them, have difficulty finding mates. seems all the males are in other places looking for a sailing partner, but wont visit ladies with boats. then they groan about how their mate wont go with them when they wanna sail.
something i never did understand..
they whine-- but they picked the ladies, so why complain???? or is it a male thing??? LOL is fun to read----especially after placing as in plentyoffish for a sailing partner LOL
Old 19-10-2010, 13:39   #146
CF Adviser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
This whole… “In or Out” concept bothers me since it seems to be such a loaded question aimed specifically at sailors, without any real credit being given to the rest of the relationship.

Some of the answers show loving partners getting on or off the “Cruising” bus at different times with some choosing the city bus while others want a greyhound express to a new lifestyle.

Having sailed the world both with and without a loving partner, I can tell you that the latter is so much more preferred that I would easily adjust my horizons to fit her comfort level.

I know it would not work if she was afraid of the water or a city girl, but I guess what I am trying to say is…. She has to be “In” to me and…. I to her!

The rest is just small stuff.
Old 19-10-2010, 15:31   #147
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Gulfstar 44cc
The Admiral is IN!

We bought our boat an 81 Gulfstar last April and are working on "gettin er done"...

Our second date we went out on my 30 Islander. I was showing off with all the sail out when we got hit by one of those Oklahoma gust. Went from 10 to 35 in a couple of seconds. The Admiral was setting on the windward rail. I look up while fighting the wheel as we're heeled over at about 50 degrees. She had a huge smile on her face. I knew right then we would get married. I sat her down and gave her "the plan". She's been 100% in ever since. We hope we've only got about 2 to 4 more years before we're out of here. I'm doing a delivery from West Palm Beach Florida to Galveston Texas next month. Didn't even have to go looking for the trip, it was just offered. Same with buying the Gulfstar, already had a buyer for the Islander when it all happened. God is not just sending his incredible blessings, he is leading the way for us. We barely work at getting ready and he just keeps making things fall into place for us to go. More amazing things have happened than I could ever post in a thread. We know we're meant to go and will when it's time!
Old 19-10-2010, 15:53   #148

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
Awesome story NC...If we were to compare notes... God would seem to be definitely closing all the doors and putting up road blocks for me....maybe I should start listening..

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Stillraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 16:12   #149

Boat: Corbin 39 Special Edition
My Better Half is IN, IN, IN......

Now if I could just find her!!

I know she's out there.

Extemp.
Old 19-10-2010, 16:14   #150

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
LOL...

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Stillraining is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: