Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-02-2013, 11:22   #106
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Re: Why you should never give up on dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
YooHoo.... Hellooooooo...
Nice glasses...
Hehe HaHa..your full of funnys lately..
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 12:10   #107

Boat: hunter 376

The OP should be dealing only with reputable yacht brokers if he really wants a nice boat. He should shop around, find the boat of his elusive but big dreams, then propose a formal offer in writing. The offer, subject to survey and sea trial of course, since any unforseen problems might impact on the dream, would be for the vendor to give him the boat. If it doesn't work, then dream BIGGER. Then repeat the offer. If that doesn't work, move to another boat, and another broker. The previous vendor didn't understand the dream. Try another. If you dream BEGGAR oops I mean BIGGER, someone will just hand over the boat. Except that every broker from here to breakfast will be aware of the guy shopping for a boat with that rare Hawaiian disease, LACKA MOOLA, and his reputation will proceed him.
Seriously though, it just sounds to much like a scam, even in the best case scenario, he claims to know how to make big money, so still asking for the boat seems ludicrous. BTW, I tried to channel "Abraham" to see what he thought, but got a busy signal.
shorebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 12:30   #108

Boat: O'Day 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
I did miss something,I didnt see the photo of a "beefcake"...
Coupla pages back.

"BTW, I tried to channel "Abraham" to see what he thought, but got a busy signal."

I think the Hicks have an exclusive.
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 06:52   #109

is there a reason when you click on the op profile that there seems to be no option for sending him a pm?
Old 17-02-2013, 07:21   #110

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: Why you should never give up on dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagrom snoyl View Post
is there a reason when you click on the op profile that there seems to be no option for sending him a pm?
We can only hope so.
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 08:39   #111

Boat: PT-11
Tropicalescape seems to think people who have worked hard and earned success are somehow greedy, selfish and unentitled to what they've got. It's an ugly attitude.
SVNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 09:35   #112

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34

Man, you guys are hard core. Glad you are workin hard and making your boat what you want.

If you are so worried about scams, report him to the mods, they kick butt and take names. Wether this is a "real" person or not, dang, for all we know this forum could be filled with scammers. I could really be Bubba from cell block C it's the mods that have the authority to do something. This threads only purpose now seems to be all about bitter resentment, hoping he is fake. Oh hell, I give up.

Ok, I'll give up after this
Who would of ever quessed that a quiet man would give his beautiful S&S design to a teenager who cooked up a crazy scheme to sail around the world at 16. I'm glad he didn't listen to all the nay sayers

One more
Many times, many undeserved get what they don't deserve, big woop.
May you get what you don't deserve

Cheers,
Erika
Old 17-02-2013, 09:41   #113
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVNeko View Post
Tropicalescape seems to think people who have worked hard and earned success are somehow greedy, selfish and unentitled to what they've got. It's an ugly attitude.
Thats not true!! I was raised in a single parent family with six children and I know what its like to have to work for what you want..I havent had a "job" since I was 18 yrs. old and I have fought and worked hard for what I have...what I cant understand is why some folks think that everyone that "asks"(rather then stealing) for something is unworthy of receiving...This guy seems to have read Norman Vincent Peale and has got the positive attitude thing going and some people think that he should be locked up or drawen and 1/4erd...The ugly attitude is with the 1% and there greedy ways...I know what its like to do without and I know what its like to have, I also know that this guy didnt do anything but ask a simple question and was attacked for doing so,mostly by people that think just because they did things a certain way that all should do it that way or do without...Had I taken that attitude when I was young I would be right where some Facist pig thought I should be , In a pumpkin shell! I am a self made man ,but I havent forgotten that everyone cant be self made and they find ways to deal with it,who are you or I to stand in there way as long it isnt hurting anyone...? If a man knocks on 10 doors and only one answers,then he has succeded, if he knockes on one door and gives up he has lost,my advise to anyone wanting success is to keep on knocking and ignore the ******** that tell you that you have to do it there way! Mean people suck!
Old 17-02-2013, 10:01   #114
CLOD

Boat: none

I can not decide if I want to tell you all to let it go and be mellow, or post a comment that would be like poking the hornet's nest just to see what happens.
Old 17-02-2013, 10:04   #115

Boat: Teak Yawl, 37'

Quote:
Thats not true!! I was raised in a single parent family with six children and I know what its like to have to work for what you want..I havent had a "job" since I was 18 yrs. old and I have fought and worked hard for what I have...what I cant understand is why some folks think that everyone that "asks"(rather then stealing) for something is unworthy of receiving...This guy seems to have read Norman Vincent Peale and has got the positive attitude thing going and some people think that he should be locked up or drawen and 1/4erd...The ugly attitude is with the 1% and there greedy ways...I know what its like to do without and I know what its like to have, I also know that this guy didnt do anything but ask a simple question and was attacked for doing so,mostly by people that think just because they did things a certain way that all should do it that way or do without...Had I taken that attitude when I was young I would be right where some Facist pig thought I should be , In a pumpkin shell! I am a self made man ,but I havent forgotten that everyone cant be self made and they find ways to deal with it,who are you or I to stand in there way as long it isnt hurting anyone...? If a man knocks on 10 doors and only one answers,then he has succeded, if he knockes on one door and gives up he has lost,my advise to anyone wanting success is to keep on knocking and ignore the ******** that tell you that you have to do it there way! Mean people suck!
Seems like you are mixing apples and oranges here. In your case you are knocking on doors to advance yourself with your skills and what you have to offer. Kind of like looking for a job.

In the case of the OP (the begger), he is accosting people on CF and begging for a free handout. Do you enjoy walking down the street having to fend off 5 or 10 panhandlers? Do you hand each one $20 - sprinkle the 20's around kind of like watering plants? He isn't asking a simple question, he is using our CF to beg! (I know, I know, I don't have to read the thread but it is great entertainment.)

Where will we evolve to if we don't seriously value and reward hard work and creativity? Where will we go if we encourage and reward beggers and slackers?
LakeSuperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 10:11   #116
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVNeko View Post
Hmmmm lets see... The Guinness Brothers... Leeman... Bankers... and who was that rich guy who screwed the less fortunate with scam share deals... there's tons of whitecollar hard working crooks out there.. not all scammers are broke Nigerians... funny enuf most are rich white folk in Wall St.. the Square Mile.. etc
I notice 80% of the abusers are owners of Swans, Oysters etc... maybe its against their religion to give unless it comes with a tax write off in their favour...
or they're scared giving may become contagious..

Hi Everyone, I'm back.

You may remember me from a couple of years ago when I posted what some deemed a "crazy ad/story." It was about a dream of having a sailboat and spoke of finding someone who had a sailboat they no longer used or had the time to take care of. It was a story of a man (me) who dreamed of sailing but didn't have the money to buy a boat but had the dream in his heart and the belief his vision would be realized and the story of another man who understood that dream and had the boat that was no longer able to be loved as she should be, and was willing to give her to someone who would love her and take her back where she belonged, on the sea. Many of the members on here heckled, posted negative comments and cynical remarks, but I didn't care. I believed.

Just after I posted the ad, all of my family died one after the other in a period of less than 18 months. When that all started, I had other things to consider and did not check here for any updates as other more important things were going on in my life. After everyone passed away, I myself gave up on life. I was ready to die, had no hope for any future, had lost all hopes of any dreams I had, and lost everything. And then, when I was at the bottom of the sea, in the darkest place one can ever go, I found the answer. It has nothing to do with religion, self help seminars, whacky schemes, or other common ideas. It has to do with knowing what the truth is.

Today, when I logged onto my account, I found that post is long gone, but in my PM message box was a message from someone who wanted to give me a beautiful, sturdy, ready to sail boat. He wrote...

"I may have just what you need. 19-- ???????? 34'. She is a beauty. Strong and reliable. Your story is so close to our reality, that I thought...... "???????" would be happy with someone like you."

Reading the message brought tears to my eyes, not because I missed an opportunity, but because my vision had been answered, and my dream realized, just as I knew they would be when I posted the ad. Had things not happened the way they did, I would be on that boat right now. However, I would not have learned the lessons I learned and would not have understood the true meaning of life, nor would I be here right now to write this post.

If you have a vision or a dream, never stop believing in it, never let anyone stand in the way between you and your dream. There is a power that exists, and once you access it, all is yours. This I know.

I am going to write the same ad again (or as close to it as I can remember) and this time, I will be here when the answer comes.

The funny thing is... there's a big ZERO MENTION of a 50ft luxury catamarran...
Seems to be just a load of Mcarthy lovers (If you don't understand or like something it must be COMMIE) stirring the ****..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 10:19   #117
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeSuperior View Post
Seems like you are mixing apples and oranges here. In your case you are knocking on doors to advance yourself with your skills and what you have to offer. Kind of like looking for a job.

In the case of the OP (the begger), he is accosting people on CF and begging for a free handout. Do you enjoy walking down the street having to fend off 5 or 10 panhandlers? Do you hand each one $20 - sprinkle the 20's around kind of like watering plants? He isn't asking a simple question, he is using our CF to beg! (I know, I know, I don't have to read the thread but it is great entertainment.)

Where will we evolve to if we don't seriously value and reward hard work and creativity? Where will we go if we encourage and reward beggers and slackers?
You are right, we should not encourge the slack and lazy ,we should encourge the the successful in our communitys, but he only asked for help once! Not like he keeps coming back saying that we should support him in all of his endevours(sp?)...what if someone has a boat and they have no means to pay the slip rent and will face court if they dont "get rid" of the boat, can this guy not have the boat? Would it hurt someone that is well off enough to be able to pay for a boat if this guy was to be given this boat? I dont like beggers ,but I dislike a person that has everything and treats a person that dosent as if he was beneth them...
Old 17-02-2013, 10:20   #118

Boat: Alberg 30
Sometimes it isn't the question, but the way it's asked, and the attitude given to questions and concerns raised. I've got no problem with the asking for help part.

The only options in life are not between asking for free and waiting to be given for nothing and stealing something. There is also compromise, asking for help with an offer of mutual benefit and working towards having something.

I have had a 'job', usually full time(or double that) since I was 14. Much as I wish sometimes I hadn't, as I've got no hobbies, few friends and health problems I should see 30 years from now, not at my age. I've almost never taken a vacation(3x in 11 years). I've lived in my jeep(since sold to pay for part of university) and gone hungry enough times to know what it means to fight for something and work hard.

Actually, on that note I think I'll go start my own thread, with a twist

Quote:
jgbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 10:25   #119
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Hmmmm lets see... The Guinness Brothers... Leeman... Bankers... and who was that rich guy who screwed the less fortunate with scam share deals... there's tons of whitecollar hard working crooks out there.. not all scammers are broke Nigerians... funny enuf most are rich white folk in Wall St.. the Square Mile.. etc
I notice 80% of the abusers are owners of Swans, Oysters etc... maybe its against their religion to give unless it comes with a tax write off in their favour...
or they're scared giving may become contagious..

Hi Everyone, I'm back.

You may remember me from a couple of years ago when I posted what some deemed a "crazy ad/story." It was about a dream of having a sailboat and spoke of finding someone who had a sailboat they no longer used or had the time to take care of. It was a story of a man (me) who dreamed of sailing but didn't have the money to buy a boat but had the dream in his heart and the belief his vision would be realized and the story of another man who understood that dream and had the boat that was no longer able to be loved as she should be, and was willing to give her to someone who would love her and take her back where she belonged, on the sea. Many of the members on here heckled, posted negative comments and cynical remarks, but I didn't care. I believed.

Just after I posted the ad, all of my family died one after the other in a period of less than 18 months. When that all started, I had other things to consider and did not check here for any updates as other more important things were going on in my life. After everyone passed away, I myself gave up on life. I was ready to die, had no hope for any future, had lost all hopes of any dreams I had, and lost everything. And then, when I was at the bottom of the sea, in the darkest place one can ever go, I found the answer. It has nothing to do with religion, self help seminars, whacky schemes, or other common ideas. It has to do with knowing what the truth is.

Today, when I logged onto my account, I found that post is long gone, but in my PM message box was a message from someone who wanted to give me a beautiful, sturdy, ready to sail boat. He wrote...

"I may have just what you need. 19-- ???????? 34'. She is a beauty. Strong and reliable. Your story is so close to our reality, that I thought...... "???????" would be happy with someone like you."

Reading the message brought tears to my eyes, not because I missed an opportunity, but because my vision had been answered, and my dream realized, just as I knew they would be when I posted the ad. Had things not happened the way they did, I would be on that boat right now. However, I would not have learned the lessons I learned and would not have understood the true meaning of life, nor would I be here right now to write this post.

If you have a vision or a dream, never stop believing in it, never let anyone stand in the way between you and your dream. There is a power that exists, and once you access it, all is yours. This I know.

I am going to write the same ad again (or as close to it as I can remember) and this time, I will be here when the answer comes.

The funny thing is... there's a big ZERO MENTION of a 50ft luxury catamarran...
Seems to be just a load of Mcarthy lovers (If you don't understand or like something it must be COMMIE) stirring the ****..
Should not have to thank a man for commen decents but it seems to be in short supply, thank you
Old 17-02-2013, 10:26   #120
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbrown View Post
Sometimes it isn't the question, but the way it's asked, and the attitude given to questions and concerns raised. I've got no problem with the asking for help part.

The only options in life are not between asking for free and waiting to be given for nothing and stealing something. There is also compromise, asking for help with an offer of mutual benefit and working towards having something.

I have had a 'job', usually full time(or double that) since I was 14. Much as I wish sometimes I hadn't, as I've got no hobbies, few friends and health problems I should see 30 years from now, not at my age. I've almost never taken a vacation(3x in 11 years). I've lived in my jeep(since sold to pay for part of university) and gone hungry enough times to know what it means to fight for something and work hard.

Actually, on that note I think I'll go start my own thread, with a twist
Awwww,,, Didummmss... have a free flower..

There's differing opinions on 'Hard Work...'
A University Professor friend did a 2hr class yesterday afternoon then popped round for a bite after.. claimed he was knackered..
Then there's another friend who's a hod carrier (50yrs old) who bops till 4am most nights then starts again lifting those bricks again from 8-5.. one persons idea of work is often anothers vacation...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote