Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-02-2013, 04:18   #31

Re: Why you should never give up on dreams.

Wow!!!
NearLifeXpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 04:51   #32

That's why this is in "off topic" where nobody is looking for advice on cruising.
Old 14-02-2013, 05:03   #33
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Why you should never give up on dreams.

Well I for one know life can throw up some surprises... good and bad..
Recently I'll was on the recieving end of an amazing surprise... I was in the **** big time and strangers (physical) on this forum rode to the rescue... so a boat being gifted to someone would come as no great surprise either.
I do think the post is being read from a pre-disposed slant to some extent... I don't read... "Give me your fancy boat and I'll give you the 'Golden Egg'"..
I read someone saying he's back... still looking for that boat... and by the way I can fix you up with an opportunity of a lifetime... if you want it.
As for a scam... everything is a potential scam.. even buying your own property... it just boils down to how big a scam your prepared to accept... Lifes like That
I did not put by for a pension (I'm a Chancer) so old age will be tough... but there's millions in the UK who did invest... and are now worse off than me... it was just another corporate scam..
Anyone who walks into something eye's closed and a believer is asking to be scammed... but trust without stupidity is possible and the first steps are free...
Send an e-mail.. if you'd like a future in chartering..
maybe the Marquis would like to change his plans from OZ to the Maldives... might have better luck with the crewgirl...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 05:13   #34

Boat: hunter 376

I believe it was Max Power, not Powers who asked for a free world cruising boat, that had to be in good sailing condition... His blog showed a picture of Ben Affleck, and the name was a reference to a line from Affleck in the movie "Pearl Harbour" when Affleck is trying to take off in a B-29 on a short runway he yells "max power!" to his co-pilot, asking for "maximum" power. (As opposed to what, MINIMUM power?)
At any rate, this latest thread is so much like those letters they send from Nigeria. First you get told what a wonderful person you are, then a story of personal tragedy, then an incredible buisiness opportunity, then a request for something, usually money. The OP talks endlessly about achieving and believing to obtain goals, teaches his girlfriend how to achieve financial success, so she lands a great paying job, by his own admission has opportunities to success, but still wants a free boat.
Here's another line from a movie: "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here." ("As good as it gets,")
shorebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 05:23   #35

Boat: 36' solaris sunrise catamaran

Look I realy think this guy is a fruit cake. He is begging. BUT what he is begging for is big time without all the hard work that goes with reaching your goal in life. HARD WORK NEVER HURT ANYONE. So stop begging/whinging and do something posotive like getting a job.

I am retired and live on the UK state pension. Life can be tough but we smile and get on with the life that we have. We worked hard all our working lives.
We do not go asking for handouts.

Our yacht is what we worked - YES - WORKED hard for so we could PAY for it with OUR cash.

So take your begging scam somewhere else.

Peter
rivonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 05:41   #36

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: Why you should never give up on dreams.

Meh.

I can recall the OP. What I am sure of with 7 Billion people on the planet is that some will be ballsy guys like this, others will be silly enough to give the guy a boat. Who the hell cares? It's trollish to come on here and tell us plain ol' folks all about it, how we could all make our lives better, blah blah, all the dead loved ones, blah blah. I'm crying my eyes out. Life happens to all of us. I don't answer the door when these people come calling to tell me how to make it all better.

Personally, I average $175 a day from the internet working just a couple of hours from the boat on my Ipad. Send me $25, and I'll tell YOU how.

Here's what I have: Cool boat. New ladyfriend. Grown children. No debt. Low blood pressure. Beat that hot shot.

I believe Captain Alecadi and I are on the same page.

[QUOTE=Alecadi;1157782] I really feel offended by this crap... And don't get back to me with your smile an all that I love you brother bs. [QUOTE]

Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 05:42   #37

Boat: Cal 2-27

Please op, see my SIG line:-) there are to many of us on this corner, I will paper rock scissor you for the right to get the first boat. You go first.type paper rock or scissor and I reply with my move..winner gets to get the next boat.
Old 14-02-2013, 05:50   #38
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Having put aside my entire salary for two years to buy our yacht, I sometimes got a little niggled by all these noobs who want it all for free. I worked hard to BUY my dream, so why shouldn't they?

Now, I'm thinking F it. If we could upgrade from our 43' mono to a 50' cat, then we could take all four dogs and the two pussy cats along too, rather than just the two pups.

SO, does anyone have a spare 50' catamaran they can give us? You could think of it as providing a long term, loving home for Maya the three-legged Golden Mix, so it's in a good cause.

Pleeeease?
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 06:09   #39

Boat: CT 54... for our sins!

All part of life's rich tapestry...
With 5 or 6 billion people on the planet we're going to get all the extremes... Gandhi to Gates, but I think this guy is great.
He makes me feel sane

I do know that some folk win the lottery, and some get ahead by dreaming and believing big and going for it big time. I'm not about to say it doesn't work because with 6 billion people out there, there'll be some examples of success.
Even though they may be coincidental, try telling that to the ones who got lucky. They will be the 'true believers' like this guy, even though he doesn't seem to have had the success he believes in yet, or he wouldn't be here trying to get sailing this way.
But who knows... it only takes one boat, and we all know boat owners are nuts...
Hey, I've even got a sister who believes God finds her parking spaces. Try telling her otherwise

I think most of us are dreamers at heart, but personally, I found our dream needed a fair bit of sweat equity to help it along

So this guy keeps life colourful.... and I'm going to be really pissed if his mate just gives him the Swan

Vic

www.windwanderer.weebly.com
VirtualVagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 06:20   #40

Boat: CT 54... for our sins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
Meh.

I can recall the OP. What I am sure of with 7 Billion people on the planet is that some will be ballsy guys like this, others will be silly enough to give the guy a boat. Who the hell cares? .....
7 Billion is it?
By the time I counted to 6 billion another billion had been born

But that's enough now, so will you guys stop screwing, or at least be more careful!!!!!

www.windwanderer.weebly.com
VirtualVagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 06:28   #41

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Helsinki (Summer); Cruising the Baltic Sea this year!
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearLifeXpert View Post
The mods removed the phone numbers and email addresses in the previous email messages, but if anyone wants to PM me I will give you the contact info for both and you can try and work out a deal on your own . . .
We remove addresses and phone numbers because they get picked up by spammers and other undesirable scum of the Internet. You should never post these in the clear! Read the rules!

NearLifeXpert has just done it exactly the right way -- he invited other members to exchange email addresses, phone numbers, or any other contact details by PM. The PM system is safe and won't give up your email addresses to spammers -- you can safely share your contact data that way.

Cheers, Dockhead
Dockhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 07:21   #42

Boat: Ohlson 38

After reading this I'm not sure whether to laugh, or just be disgusted.
virginia boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 07:26   #43

Man, is sure got hot in here quick!

This is great, look at the anger, suppressed hatred, and pain pour out of people's souls all aimed at me, the awful, horrible, disgusting person who asked for something nobody wanted or was no longer using. How dare I ask for something nobody wants, cares about, or uses. Okay... I'll fix this right up...

OFFICIAL STATEMENT OF WITHDRAWAL:

I, horrible disgusting human being, beggar (feel free to add any other hatred from within you) now officially withdraw my request for a FREE sailboat. I no longer want anyone to give me a boat. I hereby declare that I DON'T WANT anyone to GIVE ME A FREE BOAT! With an emphasis on DON"T WANT just so it is clear to everyone.
<<END>>

FORMAL PUBLIC APOLOGY TO CF MEMBERS:

I, Fruitcake, Beggar, Weirdo (other hate based words) formally apologize to all CF members who think it is wrong to ask for something nobody wants, uses, has the time or resources to keep, or cares about.
<<END>>

Note:
So, the next time you ask for, or someone freely offers you a cigarette, a beer, a bite of their sandwich, a sip of their coke, the last french fry, a ride to work (gas), a ride home from work (more gas), a free tow into port when your engine dies, a used sail, line, bumper, or any other piece of sailing gear, just remember those are all things that cost money, so it is WRONG! And by asking for, or willingly receiving any of the above you are a dirt-bag, beggar, loser, pig, etc. That's what you said, so just keep it in mind.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT TO BUY SAILBOAT:

I, now an okay guy, upstanding citizen, righteous one, sailing hero, general all around good Joe, now want to BUY a sailboat for $100.00. There, done. Problem solved.

No sane person could justifiably direct their hatred or anger towards me because I am now willing to PAY $100.00 for a boat. Good easily earned money I earn at my job as a Private Investigator (mostly by sitting around reading, relaxing, or listening to my iPod while I watch what people do). Yup, that's what I do. But I don't want to buy it from anyone who uses this forum! I am only going to visualize it in my own mind, dream of getting it, and focus on that goal. I will be doing this in my own mind (which belongs to me by the way) only. I will not seek the boat here. I repeat, I WILL NOT SEEK THE BOAT HERE!

To say what price one should pay for something would be insane. Who is to say what prices any two parties can bargain for on a sailboat or any other goods or services? Now, I can filter through any offers made free of worry or attack because I am WILLING TO PAY! Pay with money I have in my bank account that I earn from my job.

Funny you happen to mention that Swan VV, it just came into play...

I may be able to get half ownership for $10,000.00. But I'll try to bargain it down to $1.00, for the sole reason because I can if I want. Let's see how that plays out now.

Thank you all for your combined energies which are fueling my dream by focusing energy on it, and some very intense energy I might add from a few of you good people. Still, all focused on my dream.

And on the Maldives thing. I will give anyone the contact info, you can check it out for yourself, PM away! If it works out, you just come in here and say thank you, that's all. Nothing else would be necessary.

"Blue Crab"
"Here's what I have: Cool boat. New ladyfriend. Grown children. No debt. Low blood pressure. Beat that hot shot."

Okay, you got it...

<---- compulsory smile that triggers anger

P.S. Thanks Dockhead, my bad. I forgot to take out the links.
Old 14-02-2013, 07:31   #44

Boat: PT-11

Seems like an epidemic. There was Max Powers. There was a guy on the other forum seeking $$ to complete a cat he was building. Record numbers of people on welfare, food stamps, even disability (are injuries somehow going way up). Govt's giving away free cell phones by the millions. Something's up where more and more people think they are entitled to free stuff ... or maybe I'm just getting old and cranky.
SVNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 07:38   #45

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: Why you should get real

I'll keep my stuff, thanks.
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote