Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-02-2013, 10:51   #61

Boat: Cal 2-27
Re: Why you should never give up on dreams.

psychopaths????

How does one join this club? Is there an application or is it by nomination only? Details please!
Old 14-02-2013, 10:57   #62
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatsail View Post
psychopaths????

How does one join this club? Is there an application or is it by nomination only? Details please!
I think with Pyschopaths double figures would get yer into the club.

With Sociopaths it's not about the counting (Sociopaths don't care. either way ).
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 11:10   #63

Boat: Cal 2-27

there are several "paths" to choose. interesting
Old 14-02-2013, 11:28   #64
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

I think that the OP is so full of love and understanding and sweetness that he makes Mother Theresa look like Keith Richards.

Coops.
Old 14-02-2013, 11:30   #65
Armchair Bucketeer

Re: Why you should never share your dreams.

This thread has taken a strange turn........

To get back on topic - I think the thread should be retitled:-

"Why you should never share your dreams."

That mostly because will always be a long line of people just waiting to p#ss all over them .
Old 14-02-2013, 13:03   #66

just read through this whole tread and all i can say is fair play to the op as if you dont ask you wont recieve. give the guy a break and dont read more into things than need be. people now a days are so focused on what the cost of things are and put monitary value on everything when really things are only worth what someone else will pay for it. heres one for all those people so concerned with money if you were dropped in the north pole with a million dollars what would you do with it
? burn it to keep yourself warm cause really money is worth nothing . hey if i had a boat spare i,d give it to you..............best of luck
Old 14-02-2013, 13:14   #67
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearLifeXpert View Post
Thanks scoundrel! Nice thing to say.
Some times there is a lot to be learned from a name!.... Not that I couldnt afford to buy a boat and I never did ask for it but, a fellow gave me my boat and he had been advetising it for $23,000.00 before offering it to me ..I met a fellow in Fernandina Fla. who had been given a very large and nice 70 ft sailing vessel by a couple that had retired from sailing and wanted him to have it..Never, ever, listen to folks that say you should do things their way as long as you are not breaking the law,and the last time I checked it wasnt against the law to ask for something...I know a fellow that always talked about how he had worked hard for everything he had,but he had a job in a textile factory making $30,000.00 a year,he lived in a $500,000.00 house and had 110 acres of land! everybody else that worked with him were lucky to have a mobile home and an acre of land..Turned out his daddy "worked hard" and died from it, leaving the mill worker the house and the land! He worked real hard at waiting around for someone to die! Then looked down his nose at anyone who was not as "fortunate" as he was,but none the less worked hard at having something without the possablity of inheritance! If you inherit it you didnt work for it ,you were blessed,why not pass on the blessing not the arrogance and facist attitude? I am not directing this toward anyone here,just saying...
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 13:19   #68

well said tropicalescape
Old 14-02-2013, 13:24   #69
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Why you should never give up on dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Garbone View Post
My question, does the OP look just like Ben Affleck?
WTF's Ben Affleck when he's at home...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 14:17   #70
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecadi View Post
This is not about dreams
It's about asking for a free ride, without anything in return but selfishness and lazyness, and taking others for fools, and more over about such an arrogant way of doing it.
Pretending to be enlighten and better than anybody else on this forum
This guy is far from being a dreamer, he has his two feet on the ground . He is just a profiteer, a scam artist badly disguized in a new age low level philosopher.
Not sure how he is doing all that . He doesn't even want a boat at the moment (or for the last 2 years), free or not.........
Old 14-02-2013, 14:24   #71
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecadi View Post
For those still believing that the OP is a nice good dreamer, just go to his today's post in " cruising with a pet" in this forum, threat about "sailing with a dog in Indonesia" . This is a very cynical person, saying that you can buy your way through anything... Not really the language of dreamer, far from greed etc...
Just have a look at it and you'll see.
A link would have been useful........

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1157735

His post seems pretty "normal" to me - or at least not wayyy out of the ballpark. Cynical to you maybe, pragmatic when boots on the ground........Admittedly my travels never took me down to Bali / Indonesian, so if it turns out that they are in fact bastions of legal propriety then I will apologise. and will also eat my hat .
Old 14-02-2013, 14:32   #72

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post

His post seems pretty "normal" to me - or at least not wayyy out of the ballpark. Cynical to you maybe, pragmatic when boots on the ground........Admittedly my travels never took me down to Bali / Indonesian, so if it turns out that they are in fact bastions of legal propriety then I will apologise. and will also eat my hat .
I know Indonesia, i know Bali, i have been gal manager for a multinational for south East Asia during a full a decade based in Singapore.
The point is not that what he is describing is true or not, it is the way he embraced it so vividly.
Pragmatic when boots on the ground? Yes , my point exactly! How do you fit that with disinterested dreamer? Totally antinomic for me
The guy is a fake.

Alec out.
Old 14-02-2013, 14:33   #73

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,
Quote:

Thank you for the link
I don't know how to put a link with the iPad.
Old 14-02-2013, 15:07   #74
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearLifeXpert View Post
Kenomac,

Then why don't you PM for the contact details and check it out for yourself? Then you can verify, come back on here and tell everyone your findings? Why isn't even on person sending me a PM for what is an opportunity of a lifetime for someone? Because many people's minds are trapped in fear, doubt, disbelief, and negativity, they are a prisoners of their own minds. Fear is the dominate force. That's all. Not one person has sent me a PM asking about what many would consider a dream of a lifetime. Not one. Why? One person who is trusted on CF could PM me, even a trusted mod. Verify, done. Then everyone knows. How difficult is that to do?
Fair call! And I have to agree about the fear thing too!

Quote:
Seems that DOJ is in a minority on this one! (along with NLX - that easier to type!).

But do I care? do I f#ck! . .........
I am sotta with you on this one DOJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagrom snoyl View Post
just read through this whole tread and all i can say is fair play to the op as if you dont ask you wont recieve. give the guy a break and dont read more into things than need be. ...................best of luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
Some times there is a lot to be learned from a name!.... Not that I couldnt afford to buy a boat and I never did ask for it but, a fellow gave me my boat and he had been advetising it for $23,000.00 before offering it to me ..I met a fellow in Fernandina Fla. who had been given a very large and nice 70 ft sailing vessel by a couple that had retired from sailing and wanted him to have it..Never, ever, listen to folks that say you should do things their way as long as you are not breaking the law,and the last time I checked it wasnt against the law to ask for something...I know a fellow that always talked about how he had worked hard for everything he had,but he had a job in a textile factory making $30,000.00 a year,he lived in a $500,000.00 house and had 110 acres of land! everybody else that worked with him were lucky to have a mobile home and an acre of land..Turned out his daddy "worked hard" and died from it, leaving the mill worker the house and the land! He worked real hard at waiting around for someone to die! Then looked down his nose at anyone who was not as "fortunate" as he was,but none the less worked hard at having something without the possablity of inheritance! If you inherit it you didnt work for it ,you were blessed,why not pass on the blessing not the arrogance and facist attitude? I am not directing this toward anyone here,just saying...
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 15:28   #75

i think people are reading way to much into what the op is or is not about what was is my mother used say if you have nothing good to say , say nothing at all