Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 18-02-2013, 14:49   #151
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: a sailing boat
Re: Why you should never give up on dreams.

But why is you original post gone?

I was not aware of posts getting gone here, unless we talk posts containing some sort of offensive content.

b.

Old 18-02-2013, 15:02   #152
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: a sailing boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
(...)
OK, and why is that older (original) OP thread gone?

b.

Old 18-02-2013, 15:28   #153
Freelance Delivery Skipper..

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to boatman61
pirate Re: Why you should never give up on dreams.

Don... Cats I sail...
other cats are only any good for Satay... everyone thinks they're rabbit..

Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 20:35   #154

Boat: Beneteau 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Don... Cats I sail...
other cats are only any good for Satay... everyone thinks they're rabbit..
You are sooooo naughty! Just wait until Zee gets here! You are going to be in soooo much trouble!
Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived. JEAN LUC PICARD, Captain of the Starship Enterprise
SmartMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 14:58   #155

Boat: 21m Classic gaff rigged ketch

This thread reminds me of a written test I once took. The first line said something like, "This test has twenty questions. Read through the entire test carefully before starting, then begin. You have 20 minutes to complete the test." I did the usual quick scan down the first few questions, flicked the page back and forth, grabbed pen and tried to answer all questions (on long winded geometry) before the time ran out. Question eighteen was, "Do not answer any questions. Put your pen down." (Or something to that effect). The exam moderators were checking to see who was able to follow instructions by not writing anything. I felt a bit daft for not spotting it and wasting my time. This thread should have a similar warning at the beginning. "Do not waste 20 minutes of your life reading this".
By the way I've decided to quit sailing and want to give my yacht away. Anyone want it?
Old 21-02-2013, 15:15   #156
Freelance Delivery Skipper..

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to boatman61

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaffClassic View Post
This thread reminds me of a written test I once took. The first line said something like, "This test has twenty questions. Read through the entire test carefully before starting, then begin. You have 20 minutes to complete the test." I did the usual quick scan down the first few questions, flicked the page back and forth, grabbed pen and tried to answer all questions (on long winded geometry) before the time ran out. Question eighteen was, "Do not answer any questions. Put your pen down." (Or something to that effect). The exam moderators were checking to see who was able to follow instructions by not writing anything. I felt a bit daft for not spotting it and wasting my time. This thread should have a similar warning at the beginning. "Do not waste 20 minutes of your life reading this".
By the way I've decided to quit sailing and want to give my yacht away. Anyone want it?
HUH... part timers...

Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 16:24   #157

Boat: OEM, proportional

Quote:
Which sandbank have you parked it on?
Old 21-02-2013, 17:15   #158
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah719 View Post
Which sandbank have you parked it on?
This is not fair the OP begged,I mean asked first,and DOJ or Saucy get next dibs,only fair..
Old 21-02-2013, 19:51   #159

Boat: Cal 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
This is not fair the OP begged, I mean asked first,and DOJ or Saucy get next dibs,only fair..

Hey TE, weren't you on the other side of this? And I'm pretty sure DOJ was with you but Saucy was with the bad guys who thought the OP was full of ... himself.
Old 21-02-2013, 20:57   #160
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

They are just so fickle this bunch are they not? Not me, I'm with whoever is winning.

Coops.
Old 21-02-2013, 22:01   #161

Boat: Outremer 50S

After wasting my own 30 minutes that I will never get back I just had to post to prove that I went through that pain.

IMO the OP just went about it wrong, he should be asking the government rather than CFers, then he might have a real shot. If we have any grant writers here on CF I think we should be able to get some funding for the 50' cat:

Theory - Money can't buy happiness (almost axiomatic, widely held belief, strong governmental interest in determining validity).

Experiment - Send money, will use it to try to be happy. More money/additional grants may be required for positive results if initial results are inconclusive. Theorem very difficult to prove, must experiment with progressively larger quantities of money to see if there are limits where theorem is true/false.

Surely with the right prose we could get something from the NSF
Old 22-02-2013, 01:25   #162

Boat: 36' solaris sunrise catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaffClassic View Post
I am BRITISH and I assume that you are an AMERICAN? Anyway it would appear that we both had the same tutor. I had exactly the same type of exam and like you- I skimmed through afew questions and then started to whizz through...Hmm very embarrasing as I was the only one to get caught.

Peter
Old 22-02-2013, 10:24   #163
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
Hey TE, weren't you on the other side of this? And I'm pretty sure DOJ was with you but Saucy was with the bad guys who thought the OP was full of ... himself.
Shows where my minds been as of late! I am so giddy I could scream,been nego.with this guy from Aust. for the last few weeks for several conex loads of antique heartpine decking and its a done deal! I have enough money now I can forget about the "cruising on 500 a month" thread and think more along the lines of the "Is 30,000 enough to cruise the world thread!" ye ha boys and girls,I can really leave now,when I joined a while back I said I should leave before spring ,that was 2 years ago! I made it as far as Charlston! I am going the full distance now(RTW) I have said since I was 17 yrs old that I would sail around the world before I was 50, I have 2 years and 2 months to do it in..This has got to be a relief to some on here as you will not have to put up with me anymore(not as much anyway),How luckey for the ones I will run into out there in the real world of sailing! You will get to see what a great person I really am..!?...hehehehe Hahahaha,no more of this armchair sailing business for me! Anyone that has a nice bluewater boat that they want to get rid of can give it to "whomever" as I dont need it! A very nice fellow has already given me one(Im sure he was tired of worring about it) I was told by many people(mostly ignorant) that they did not see anything but fire wood or trash when they saw my Heartpine ,had I followed their advice I would still be several 10s of thousands of dollars poorer! That is why you should never give up on your dreams..oh yea the heartpine was given to me also,thank you Basset furniture co.!
Old 22-02-2013, 14:53   #164
Don't ask if you can't handle it

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hunter 410

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
I have enough money now I can forget about the "cruising on 500 a month" thread and think more along the lines of the "Is 30,000 enough to cruise the world thread!"
I assume your cruising life is planned to be less than 60 months long
Old 22-02-2013, 15:08   #165
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34

Get the heck outta here TE, have fun, fair winds, and I hope we run into you out there.
:-).
Ocean Girl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: