Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-04-2016, 16:53   #3511
Registered User
 
Reefmagnet's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: puɐןsuǝǝnb 'ʎɐʞɔɐɯ
Boat: Nantucket Island 33
Posts: 2,737
Re: Why Climate Change Won't Matter in 20 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
That graph does not appear in this paper

http://www.whoi.edu/science/GG/paleo...df/alley00.pdf
Is that your answer?
__________________

__________________
Reefmagnet is offline  
Old 22-04-2016, 17:12   #3512
Senior Cruiser
 
jackdale's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 5,048
Images: 1
Re: Why Climate Change Won't Matter in 20 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefmagnet View Post
Is that your answer?
Joanne Nova claims the data is from that paper. It ain't.
__________________

__________________
ISPA Yachtmaster Ocean Instructor Evaluator
Sail Canada Advanced Cruising Instructor
IYT Yachtmaster Coastal Instructor
ASA 201, 203,204, 205, 206, 214
As I sail, I praise God, and care not. (Luke Foxe)
jackdale is offline  
Old 22-04-2016, 17:17   #3513
Registered User
 
Exile's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Land of Disenchantment
Boat: Bristol 47.7
Posts: 2,964
Re: Why Climate Change Won't Matter in 20 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefmagnet View Post
Is that your answer?
Seems to be the m.o. for this never-ending "debate." Jack posts a chart, graph, excerpt or youTube that supports his position and only his position, represents it as "the science," and then when it's pointed out that the issue is legitimately contested amongst scientists, Jack asks "where's your science?" If someone responds then the "analysis" seems to end in silence.

Well, now Reef has given us a more balanced view of "the actual science" concerning the causes and nature of our current temperature trend. Not sure what the two names are about either, don't understand the response, but it couldn't possibly be about attacking the messenger as opposed to the message, right??
__________________
Exile is online now  
Old 22-04-2016, 17:18   #3514
Registered User
 
Reefmagnet's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: puɐןsuǝǝnb 'ʎɐʞɔɐɯ
Boat: Nantucket Island 33
Posts: 2,737
Re: Why Climate Change Won't Matter in 20 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
Joanne Nova claims the data is from that paper. It ain't.
Then roll your own (for the last 50k years)...

ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/pal..._alley2000.txt
__________________
Reefmagnet is offline  
Old 22-04-2016, 17:24   #3515
Senior Cruiser
 
jackdale's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 5,048
Images: 1
Re: Why Climate Change Won't Matter in 20 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefmagnet View Post
Ok, this is just getting weird. What's Jo Nova got to do with anything?

Sent from my SGP521 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Read the left hand axis of the graph.

joannenova.com.au

The graph is from her web site. It is a fake

Will Steffen in denial of entire Holocene? « JoNova

Here what Richard Alley's temperature data looks like.



NOAA Paleoclimatology Program - Alley 2000 Greenland Ice Core Data

Do you not bother to verify anything?
__________________
ISPA Yachtmaster Ocean Instructor Evaluator
Sail Canada Advanced Cruising Instructor
IYT Yachtmaster Coastal Instructor
ASA 201, 203,204, 205, 206, 214
As I sail, I praise God, and care not. (Luke Foxe)
jackdale is offline  
Old 22-04-2016, 17:25   #3516
Registered User
 
Reefmagnet's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: puɐןsuǝǝnb 'ʎɐʞɔɐɯ
Boat: Nantucket Island 33
Posts: 2,737
Re: Why Climate Change Won't Matter in 20 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile View Post
Seems to be the m.o. for this never-ending "debate." Jack posts a chart, graph, excerpt or youTube that supports his position and only his position, represents it as "the science," and then when it's pointed out that the issue is legitimately contested amongst scientists, Jack asks "where's your science?" If someone responds then the "analysis" seems to end in silence.

Well, now Reef has given us a more balanced view of "the actual science" concerning the causes and nature of our current temperature trend. Not sure what the two names are about either, don't understand the response, but it couldn't possibly be about attacking the messenger as opposed to the message, right??
You've noticed that too?
__________________
Reefmagnet is offline  
Old 22-04-2016, 17:26   #3517
Senior Cruiser
 
jackdale's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 5,048
Images: 1
Re: Why Climate Change Won't Matter in 20 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefmagnet View Post
Then roll your own (for the last 50k years)...

ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/pal..._alley2000.txt
Better yet - Richard Alley's own graph

__________________
ISPA Yachtmaster Ocean Instructor Evaluator
Sail Canada Advanced Cruising Instructor
IYT Yachtmaster Coastal Instructor
ASA 201, 203,204, 205, 206, 214
As I sail, I praise God, and care not. (Luke Foxe)
jackdale is offline  
Old 22-04-2016, 17:27   #3518
Registered User
 
Reefmagnet's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: puɐןsuǝǝnb 'ʎɐʞɔɐɯ
Boat: Nantucket Island 33
Posts: 2,737
Re: Why Climate Change Won't Matter in 20 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
Read the left hand axis of the graph.

joannenova.com.au

The graph is from her web site. It is a fake

Will Steffen in denial of entire Holocene? « JoNova

Here what Richard Alley's temperature data looks like.



NOAA Paleoclimatology Program - Alley 2000 Greenland Ice Core Data


Do you not bother to verify anything?
Yes I do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gisp2 ice core temp.png
Views:	51
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	123000  
__________________
Reefmagnet is offline  
Old 22-04-2016, 17:28   #3519
Senior Cruiser
 
jackdale's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 5,048
Images: 1
Re: Why Climate Change Won't Matter in 20 Years

For comparison'

Alley's graph



Nova's graph

__________________
ISPA Yachtmaster Ocean Instructor Evaluator
Sail Canada Advanced Cruising Instructor
IYT Yachtmaster Coastal Instructor
ASA 201, 203,204, 205, 206, 214
As I sail, I praise God, and care not. (Luke Foxe)
jackdale is offline  
Old 22-04-2016, 17:30   #3520
Senior Cruiser
 
jackdale's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 5,048
Images: 1
Re: Why Climate Change Won't Matter in 20 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefmagnet View Post
Yes I do.
That bears no resemblance to Nova's graph. Looks a lot like Alley's.
__________________
ISPA Yachtmaster Ocean Instructor Evaluator
Sail Canada Advanced Cruising Instructor
IYT Yachtmaster Coastal Instructor
ASA 201, 203,204, 205, 206, 214
As I sail, I praise God, and care not. (Luke Foxe)
jackdale is offline  
Old 22-04-2016, 17:37   #3521
Registered User
 
Reefmagnet's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: puɐןsuǝǝnb 'ʎɐʞɔɐɯ
Boat: Nantucket Island 33
Posts: 2,737
Re: Why Climate Change Won't Matter in 20 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
That bears no resemblance to Nova's graph. Looks a lot like Alley's.
I'm assuming you missed the caption "journal of quaternary science reviews 19-213-226"

If you're assuming Jo Nova made this graph up then she must have plenty of influence.

http://www.thegwpf.org/content/uploa...erspective.pdf

(Have a look at page 5)
__________________
Reefmagnet is offline  
Old 22-04-2016, 17:39   #3522
Registered User
 
Reefmagnet's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: puɐןsuǝǝnb 'ʎɐʞɔɐɯ
Boat: Nantucket Island 33
Posts: 2,737
Re: Why Climate Change Won't Matter in 20 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
That bears no resemblance to Nova's graph. Looks a lot like Alley's.
It is his data.
__________________
Reefmagnet is offline  
Old 22-04-2016, 17:44   #3523
Senior Cruiser
 
jackdale's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 5,048
Images: 1
Re: Why Climate Change Won't Matter in 20 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefmagnet View Post
I'm assuming you missed the caption "journal of quaternary science reviews 19-213-226"

If you're assuming Jo Nova made this graph up then she must have plenty of influence.

http://www.thegwpf.org/content/uploa...erspective.pdf

(Have a look at page 5)
I caught the the caption. I read and posted a link earlier. Did you miss that?

Nova's graph is a fake, as is the one in the gwpf paper - it is the same fake from her site, it has her website on it.
__________________
ISPA Yachtmaster Ocean Instructor Evaluator
Sail Canada Advanced Cruising Instructor
IYT Yachtmaster Coastal Instructor
ASA 201, 203,204, 205, 206, 214
As I sail, I praise God, and care not. (Luke Foxe)
jackdale is offline  
Old 22-04-2016, 17:51   #3524
Registered User
 
Reefmagnet's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: puɐןsuǝǝnb 'ʎɐʞɔɐɯ
Boat: Nantucket Island 33
Posts: 2,737
Re: Why Climate Change Won't Matter in 20 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
That bears no resemblance to Nova's graph. Looks a lot like Alley's.
I guess the eye sees what the mind wants it to see....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gisp2 ice core temp 10ky flipped.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	123003  
__________________
Reefmagnet is offline  
Old 22-04-2016, 17:51   #3525
Registered User
 
Exile's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Land of Disenchantment
Boat: Bristol 47.7
Posts: 2,964
Re: Why Climate Change Won't Matter in 20 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
I caught the the caption. I read and posted a link earlier. Did you miss that?

Nova's graph is a fake, as is the one in the gwpf paper - it is the same fake from her site, it has her website on it.
I read your link but apparently missed the evidence of fakery. Maybe you can be a bit clearer with your links. A brief explanation of what you think the link stands for would be helpful.
__________________

__________________
Exile is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cruising and the Coming Storm ~ Recession, Depression, Climate Change, Peak Oil jtbsail Off Topic Forum 162 13-10-2015 13:17
Weather Patterns / Climate Change anjou Off Topic Forum 185 19-01-2010 15:08
Climate Change GordMay Off Topic Forum 445 02-09-2008 08:48
Healthiest coral reefs hardest hit by climate change GordMay Off Topic Forum 33 11-05-2007 03:07



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:34.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.