Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2007, 12:02   #1
cruiser

Boat: Crealock Del Rey 50 Cutter
Where is the consensus on GW?

First-Ever Survey of IPCC Scientists Undermines Alleged 'Consensus' on Global Warming; Poll Exposes Disagreement and Confusion Among United Nations Scientists

WASHINGTON, Nov. 8 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Is there really a"consensus" on global warming among the scientists participating in theUnited Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)? To findout, DemandDebate.com conducted the first-ever survey of the U.S.scientists who participated in the most recent IPCC report. "Our results indicate that the notion of a meaningful scientificconsensus on global warming is ludicrous," said Steve Milloy,DemandDebate.com's executive director. During the month of October, DemandDebate.com polled each of the 345U.S. scientists listed as contributing authors and reviewers of the IPCC's"Climate Change 2007: The Physical Basis" with a six-question survey onclimate change. Fifty-four IPCC scientists completed the survey, includingseveral of the most prominent global warming alarmists and several IPCClead authors. Less than 50% of the respondents said that an increase in globaltemperature of 1-degree Celsius is flatly undesirable. Half of therespondents said that such a temperature increase is either desirable,desirable for some but undesirable for others or too difficult to assess. "Among survey respondents, then, there's no consensus on desirabilityof 1-degree Celsius of global warming -- twice the level of warming thatoccurred during the 20th century," observed Milloy. When asked about the ideal climate, only 14% said that the idealclimate was cooler than the present climate. Sixty-one percent said thatthere is no such thing as an ideal climate. "So if there's no agreement on what the target climate should be, whatprecisely is the point of taking action on global warming? What is theclimatic goal at which we are aiming?," Milloy asked. Another notable result is that an astounding 20% of those surveyed saidthat human activity is the principal driver of climate change. "So was there no climate change before mankind?" Milloy asked. "And ifthere was natural climate change before man, why not now also?" he added. Forty-four percent didn't think that the current global climate wasunprecedentedly warm. "The survey results indicate that when asked routine questions aboutthe climatic role of manmade CO2, the IPCC scientists responded for themost part with the Pavlovian manmade-CO2-is-bad view seemingly demanded ofthem by the IPCC," Milloy noted. "But when you ask questions that are offthe IPCC script, the supposed consensus seems to readily fall apart,"concluded Milloy. The survey report is on the web athttp://www.DemandDebate.com/ipcc_survey.pdf.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:20   #2

Boat: 1977 Cape Dory 27 #58
interesting.. i wonder if they were asked about HAARP at all. thanks for the info.
1977 Cape Dory 27 #58
Old 08-11-2007, 12:33   #3
cruiser

Boat: Crealock Del Rey 50 Cutter
HAARP is an interesting one.
Old 08-11-2007, 15:13   #4

Boat: 1977 Cape Dory 27 #58
Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming ‘Greatest Scam in History’

Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming ‘Greatest Scam in History’
ICECAP

Intro by Joe D’Aleo, Icecap, CCM
I was privileged to work with John Coleman, the founder of The Weather Channel in the year before it became a reality and then for the first of the 6 years I was fortunate to be the Director of Meteorology. No one worked harder than John to make The Weather Channel a reality and to make sure the staffing, the information and technology was the very best possible at that time. John currently works with KUSI in San Diego. He posts regularly. I am very pleased to present his latest insightful post.

By John Coleman

It is the greatest scam in history. I am amazed, appalled and highly offended by it. Global Warming; It is a SCAM. Some dastardly scientists with environmental and political motives manipulated long term scientific data to create an allusion of rapid global warming. Other scientists of the same environmental whacko type jumped into the circle to support and broaden the “research” to further enhance the totally slanted, bogus global warming claims. Their friends in government steered huge research grants their way to keep the movement going. Soon they claimed to be a consensus.

Environmental extremists, notable politicians among them, then teamed up with movie, media and other liberal, environmentalist journalists to create this wild “scientific” scenario of the civilization threatening environmental consequences from Global Warming unless we adhere to their radical agenda. Now their ridiculous manipulated science has been accepted as fact and become a cornerstone issue for CNN, CBS, NBC, the Democratic Political Party, the Governor of California, school teachers and, in many cases, well informed but very gullible environmentally conscientious citizens. Only one reporter at ABC has been allowed to counter the Global Warming frenzy with one 15 minute documentary segment.

I do not oppose environmentalism. I do not oppose the political positions of either party. However, Global Warming, i.e. Climate Change, is not about environmentalism or politics. It is not a religion. It is not something you “believe in.” It is science; the science of meteorology. This is my field of life-long expertise. And I am telling you Global Warming is a non-event, a manufactured crisis and a total scam. I say this knowing you probably won’t believe a me, a mere TV weatherman, challenging a Nobel Prize, Academy Award and Emmy Award winning former Vice President of United States. So be it.

I have read dozens of scientific papers. I have talked with numerous scientists. I have studied. I have thought about it. I know I am correct. There is no run away climate change. The impact of humans on climate is not catastrophic. Our planet is not in peril. I am incensed by the incredible media glamour, the politically correct silliness and rude dismissal of counter arguments by the high priest of Global Warming.

In time, a decade or two, the outrageous scam will be obvious. As the temperature rises, polar ice cap melting, coastal flooding and super storm pattern all fail to occur as predicted everyone will come to realize we have been duped. The sky is not falling. And, natural cycles and drifts in climate are as much if not more responsible for any climate changes underway. I strongly believe that the next twenty years are equally as likely to see a cooling trend as they are to see a warming trend.

Posted on 11/07 at 10:56 AM
1977 Cape Dory 27 #58
Old 08-11-2007, 15:19   #5

The guy who runs demanddebate.com is a notoriously politically motivated Fox reporter named Steven Milloy ( Steven Milloy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ). For that guy to say that he is trying to seperate politics from science is beyond laughable. His entire focus in life is to create websites and books to smash politics he doesn't like, under the mask of "not being about politics".

Example: Steven J. Milloy - SourceWatch

He rallied for years that second hand smoke doesn't cause cancer, then one day it came out that he was paid by Phillip Morris to advocate for them.
Old 08-11-2007, 15:37   #6
Senior Cruiser

Boat: 1980 Endeavour 43 (Ketch)
Since it seems beyond people to keep this topic OFF of politics, it is closed, and will probably be removed and deleted.
Closed Thread