Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2019, 06:23   #1
Senior Cruiser
 
GordMay's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario - 48-29N x 89-20W
Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Posts: 33,707
Images: 240
What It Takes to Be in the 1% Around the World

What It Takes to Be in the 1% Around the World
Much more ☞ https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-part-of-the-1
__________________

__________________
Gord May
"If you didn't have the time or money to do it right in the first place, when will you get the time/$ to fix it?"



GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:44   #2
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PORTUGAL
Posts: 23,277
Images: 2
pirate Re: What It Takes to Be in the 1% Around the World

LOADSA MONEY...!!!
Cant buy you love.. but you sure can afford the illusion.
__________________


Born To Be Wild.. Click on the picture.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:13   #3
Registered User
 
Dennis.G's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sea of Cortez and the U.P. of Michigan
Boat: Celestial 48
Posts: 800
Re: What It Takes to Be in the 1% Around the World

In almost every case, it takes being born to very rich parents.
Dennis.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:41   #4
Senior Cruiser
 
GordMay's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario - 48-29N x 89-20W
Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Posts: 33,707
Images: 240
Re: What It Takes to Be in the 1% Around the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis.G View Post
In almost every case, it takes being born to very rich parents.
Close, but not quite.

Forbes says that 30 percent of the Forbes 400 members inherited their wealth and the remaining 70 percent are entirely “self-made.”

But a new report* claims that the story of self-made wealth on the Forbes list is just that – a story.

The report, from the left-leaning United for a Fair Economy, says that 40 percent of the Forbes 400 richest Americans inherited a “sizeable asset from a spouse or family member.”
* “Born on Third Base”Born On Third Base | United for a Fair Economy
Or ☞ https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.ne...pdf?1448056427

United for a Fair Economy

See also “Millionaire Parents Say Their Kids Are Unfit to Inherit” ☞ https://www.cnbc.com/id/47859258
__________________
Gord May
"If you didn't have the time or money to do it right in the first place, when will you get the time/$ to fix it?"



GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 06:10   #5
Registered User
 
denverd0n's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,302
Images: 6
Re: What It Takes to Be in the 1% Around the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis.G View Post
In almost every case, it takes being born to very rich parents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Close, but not quite.
Actually, not even close. "Almost every case" implies something on the order of 90% or more. Certainly it would imply at least 3/4ths of the time. In reality, the fringe estimates put it at 2/3rds of the time at the very most, and the more realistic estimates put it in the neighborhood of half, possibly even less.


So, no, nowhere close to "almost ever case."
denverd0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
round the world

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Young Man Takes to the Sea . . . TKainZero Monohull Sailboats 2 05-05-2009 12:03
what it takes? Brandywine Multihull Sailboats 19 19-05-2008 15:12
Newbie Takes Up Sailing/Boating psellars Meets & Greets 2 03-09-2007 08:58



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:16.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.