Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-08-2010, 15:24   #76
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFrz View Post
Lack of self worth?
NO, I'm fairly certain it's not that simple.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2010, 15:30   #77

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora
Rudeness

The only rudeness I have seen on this forum occurs when the spirit is violated. Only those who engage in blatant self promotion seem to get whacked. In my humble opinion the ocean can be a mercilous teacher even if it only wreaks your gear ( if your lucky ). To be pulled up short once in a while by those who know better is not rudeness, it's a "teachable moment" All that being said...

Let's take up a collection and build DOJ a REALLY CHEAP ferro cement cat loaded anchors and guns AND give him a video camera to record the results . AND! Rain I bet your wife doesn't know her butt is up on the forum ( you can begin payment to my secret account immediatly)

Todd
IdoraKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2010, 15:33   #78

Quote:
You get someone thats asking a serious question about a system or a boat from
EXPERANCED cruisers and you get replies from those that not only dont own a boat but have NEVER been cruising...
I personally have gotton to the point where I avoid the forum all together and are about to close it for good as I can ask a question,
" something like the additional power the freezer is using when filling it with stores"
and I'll get replies back from people telling me to get rid of the freezer, I dont need it and by the way, I cant go cruising in a boat like I have as the Keel will fall off.
Fair enough, but, who is a qualified "cruiser?" Many have experience with boats, sailing and systems. There is a thread in here about giving way to aircraft carriers. Is the only credible response from a "cruiser," who knows Lin and Larry Pardey, personally?
Drew13440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2010, 15:33   #79
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hud3 View Post
And the "Ignore" button will return when the tech guy works his way down the punch list to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auspicious View Post
Sooner would be better than later. Not hard in vBulletin. Can I help?
It may be as simple in vBulletin as you infer, Auspicious, but Cruisers Forum is but one of eighteen such fora under the Social Knowledge, LLC umbrella.

TaoJones
Old 22-08-2010, 15:42   #80

Okay--I read the whole thread and it has slipped out that there IS a real live CF Burgy.. How nice or diligent do I have to be to get one?

Todd
Old 22-08-2010, 16:14   #81

Boat: Challenger Anacapa 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdoraKeeper View Post
Okay--I read the whole thread and it has slipped out that there IS a real live CF Burgy.. How nice or diligent do I have to be to get one?
Sorry, you need over 1844 posts to get one. YES!!! I'm now qualified! As for buying David a Concrete Multihull ready for cruising, I'm all for it! One hull for him, and one for the goat. Or is that "One hand for the boat and one hand for the goat"?

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women!
Christian Van H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2010, 16:16   #82

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
Quote:
. AND! Rain I bet your wife doesn't know her butt is up on the forum ( you can begin payment to my secret account immediatly)

Todd

Shoot she doesn't even know I took the picture ....yet.

And some of you guys want full name disclosure instead of anonymity?......I think not!.....Id be DEAD!.......or broke apparently.....

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Stillraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2010, 17:07   #83
CF Adviser

Boat: 14 meter sloop
Quote:
Oops.

(And it's beautiful.)
Old 22-08-2010, 17:12   #84
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:

Todd
That may be the only one, Todd . . . the prototype CF burgee. A collector's item. I doubt Bash would part with it, honestly, and if he did it wouldn't be cheap. You could make him an offer, I suppose, but think three figures, not two.

TaoJones
Old 22-08-2010, 17:14   #85

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35
Now that the subject has been brought up, I have to say that the only times I've been treated rudely have been by a couple moderators/advisors who I feel were publicly using their position to their advantage. They know who they are so I won't mention names of course. This I find quite hypocritical when they are telling YOU to "play nice" while they are criticizing your post publicly in a thread. I came here from SA so I guess I have a thick skin when it comes to criticism from other posters, and I can give and take ... and if I find the heat is too hot I can leave. But hypocritical chastisements publicly my moderators/advisors are a different thing. So, I hope the modeators/advisors will consider their own posts when they read this thread.
Old 22-08-2010, 17:14   #86

Boat: 41' Custom CC Cutter
Quote:
I hope to encourage all those who might be moved to express a (possibly unpopular) contrary viewpoint; so long as they get their facts right, and remain civil in their language and demeanour.
del Gord

That's the nut of it Gord, n'est pas? [That's Algerian for "ain't it?"]

And Bash, thanks for sharing (post #45) what sounds like a wonderful gathering. It read like I would write it to read, if I were to describe what CF is at it's familial best. As for the instant ad hockian invasion of Moderators from across the globe, well, who among the Mods would miss a chance to meet, sup and sail with their companeros .[That's Spanish for "partners in crime."]

What seems the best rule on how to be a good CF member is Mother's old advice, "If you can't say something nice, keep your trap shut!" Abusing the ignorant and/or vulnerable is low and tacky and betrays an insecurity forcing these bad boys to belittle or demean another to feel adequate.

Humor, friendly sarcasm among buds, and amusing leaps of imagination are another thing altogether.
Old 22-08-2010, 17:23   #87

Oh the misery of it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoJones View Post
That may be the only one, Todd . . . the prototype CF burgee. A collector's item. I doubt Bash would part with it, honestly, and if he did it wouldn't be cheap. You could make him an offer, I suppose, but think three figures, not two.

TaoJones
I guess we can only live in hope....even a couple of figures would cut into the whole endeavour. By the way Bash.. I saw Robert Perry down on my dock in PL attending a small gathering of enthusiasts...20 or so boats of his design. A nice day.

Todd
Old 22-08-2010, 17:25   #88
CF Adviser

Boat: 14 meter sloop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoJones View Post
Yikes! I had no idea this was the prototype. And we've been letting our Charlie Foxtrot hang up there for a few weeks.

Four figures, and please know that I'll be lowering it reverently at sunset.

(It really is a thing of beauty.)
Old 22-08-2010, 17:51   #89

Boat: Challenger Anacapa 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash View Post
Oops.

(And it's beautiful.)
Captain, the crew was wondering if we could have just a peak at your new burgee, Sir? We promises we just gonna take a tiny look Sir...

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women!
Christian Van H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2010, 18:00   #90

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35
Quote:
I guess we can only live in hope....even a couple of figures would cut into the whole endeavour. By the way Bash.. I saw Robert Perry down on my dock in PL attending a small gathering of enthusiasts...20 or so boats of his design. A nice day.

Todd
Or you could go over to SA where anyone can buy one for $25.