Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 03-10-2010, 18:43   #376

Boat: L. Francis Herreshoff Ketch
Rude posts by SurferShane

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
most of the time, the only cause of plans not progressing is personal input.
our worst enemy is within the self.
pogo had it right--"we have met the enemy and he is us"
why not try to ignore others-- pretend they dont exist--isnt anyone else making your plans be not effected--is only to within ones own self. find peace and sail and have a good life.
dr barry stevens wrote a goo dbook-only one book--was titled "dont push the river, it flows by itself" is a book on gestalt psychology. goood book.

So What does this have to do with the original question? All this does is prove the original poster is right about the rudeness and it still does exist!

Old 03-10-2010, 18:54   #377
Certifiable Refitter/Senior Wannbe

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Van DeStat Super Dogger 31'
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurferShane View Post
..........And thanks too for the f#@$$ for rubbing in the unemployment bit when I was just laughing at myself![/FONT][/SIZE]
I am very sorry that I offended you Shane, please understand that although the effect was offense, the intention was to laugh WITH you.

Mate, we are both Aussies and I consider you as a cyber friend - if I could buy you a beer or whatever right now I would. Life is way too short and precious to fall out over my misguided intention.

Again my apologies

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 18:58   #378
Freelance Delivery Skipper..

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Hey Shane.. why don't you just knock the Law stuff on the head and go temping doing basic **** instead... find an Agency near your boat/marina, move on board and go blue collar....
No pomposity on the shop floor... apart from the odd union man...
Better workmates, better social life and a variety of work... changing faces and places at will... but no loss of earning potential..
Ok so maybe the days dosh is is less than the 1 hours fee you may normally expect.. but it pays for the essentials and gets you sailing again...
I gave up my Trade/Profession in the 80's after my divorce.. didn't need the 'Income' anymore.. only had my simple needs to cope with...
Man... I've never looked back.. better by far to be a 'Jack of All' than a fat twat with ulcers and a flat butt sitting in front of a computer 5 or 6 days a week..

As to the OP... its relevant.. sometimes everyday frustrations and crap in ones life can burst out on here... OK its not nice sometimes... but its called 'Life'.
I hate people "Emotionally Bleeding" on this forum... but its a fact of life and I exercise my right to stay well away from it...
I'd get banned for administering the verbal slap round the head....

Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 19:00   #379

Boat: L. Francis Herreshoff Ketch
Quote:
Originally Posted by osirissail View Post
Maybe some anger management classes or Proziac is needed to mellow out. Getting away to the mountains or a deserted island on a boat are some good substitutes. But don't set off cruising the world if you cannot "roll with the punches" or let the BS roll off your back like water on a duck. You will be encountering some of the world's dumbest and obstinate/obnoxious government officials working in Customs/Immigration offices occasionally. It is not everywhere, but in enough places to be a factor. You need to be able to smile, ka-tow, and complement their country even when you really would prefer nuking the place.
- - But after such an encounter some sun-downers, a great sunset and fine friends makes the pain go away so you can press on enjoying your life afloat.
Now how personal is this getting all this getting ďAnger management classes and ProzacĒ ? Again, not particularly in the spirit of the original question posted and a blatant personal attack. Why donít you just say I need to be involuntary incarcerated in an institution until my brain is so fried from the electro therapy that I am incapable of sailing as was the old approach to psychotherapy I have always been a bit of a loner who enjoys the more of the beaten track locations than hanging around peer group pressure becoming a standardised clone. Then donít worry I went to uni with those bureaucrats, and understand their anal tendencies. Hey, who said I canít smile.
Old 03-10-2010, 19:13   #380

Boat: Ericson 39B - Senta II
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFrz View Post
Sven, what is the first? I knew one forum where you had to use your real name and it was very civil.
The Ericson forum: EY.o Information Exchange - Powered by vBulletin

That forum is much smaller and that might be part of the reason but we also share a narrow common interest.

-Sven
Old 03-10-2010, 19:30   #381
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)
Members of CF. Things got a little wild here on this thread in the past hour. We have had to remove a few posts and edit them- so it may look a little bumpy. Sorry for the interruption...
You may now continue your normal programming.
Old 03-10-2010, 19:40   #382

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Ah well... there I was ..... GONEEEEEEEEE....

Born To Be Wild
Old 03-10-2010, 19:54   #383

Boat: CS36T, 36'
Boatman, As long as you're not a goner! I always enjoy your posts, but then I'm a bit warped.

Ciao,
Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
flysci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 20:09   #384

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysci View Post
Boatman, As long as you're not a goner! I always enjoy your posts, but then I'm a bit warped.

Ciao,
Margo
Hey Margo.... I refering to a deleted non PC (I assume) post.... not my departure from CF....Lmao

Born To Be Wild
Old 03-10-2010, 21:02   #385

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Beth View Post
Members of CF. Things got a little wild here on this thread in the past hour. We have had to remove a few posts and edit them- so it may look a little bumpy. Sorry for the interruption...
You may now continue your normal programming.
Just curious, are we getting the "now edited" posts back or have they been been deleted rather than edited?

Not complaining, I can understand the reasons for either action, just not sure of which route you are taking.

Of course, I could wait for a few days and see for myself but life is short (and I am impatient )
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 03-10-2010, 21:11   #386
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)
I removed the posts and put them in Quarantine till we could look at them (they were coming fast), after input from the other moderators, they will be edited (hopefully in a way that will preserve positive input) and returned. Thanks for understanding.
Old 03-10-2010, 21:16   #387

Cruisers Forum Supporter

And thanks for the fast update
Old 03-10-2010, 21:27   #388
Eternal Member

Boat: Ericson 27 & 18' Herrmann Catboat
I actually know a couple good lawyers

one practices Elder Law
one practices with Disabilities/Veterans
one works for me (so to speak)....she never fails to give me her honest take on situations
Old 03-10-2010, 21:40   #389
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag
some of the posts that came thru email didnt make it on the thread-at least not for long ,anyway- some were really nasty.is good to have them gone.
( email function sent them before they were removed from here)
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 21:51   #390
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
some of the posts that came thru email didnt make it on the thread-at least not for long ,anyway- some were really nasty.is good to have them gone.
( email function sent them before they were removed from here)
Yes, that is one of the "benefits" of subscribing to threads . . . you will miss almost nothing, though you may wish you had (as in this case.)

TaoJones

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: