Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-07-2009, 15:37   #166
Eternal Member
 
Chief Engineer's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: North of Baltimore
Boat: Ericson 27 & 18' Herrmann Catboat
Posts: 3,798
"No meat they can't jerk"

Way too funnayyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon!!
__________________

__________________
Chief Engineer is offline  
Old 29-07-2009, 15:40   #167
Registered User
 
Christian Van H's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Princeton, NJ
Boat: Challenger Anacapa 42
Posts: 2,097
Images: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by amytom View Post
And schools in the UK teach that the Holocaust never happenned
Could you please tell us where this fact came from? I'm finding this more than a little hard to believe...
__________________

__________________
www.anacapas.com

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women!
Christian Van H is offline  
Old 29-07-2009, 15:44   #168
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 769
Nah, "re-education" implies that they were educated in the first place. They weren't. They were indoctrinated.

I can often fix that.
__________________
anotherT34C is offline  
Old 29-07-2009, 15:47   #169
Registered User
 
Christian Van H's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Princeton, NJ
Boat: Challenger Anacapa 42
Posts: 2,097
Images: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by texwards View Post
Would you mind providing your source for this 'fact'?
I too want CaptMick to post the source and any links he might be able to provide pertaining to this claim. This claim should be VERY easily proven, and it seems to form the basis for his assertions. Well, that and the physics of ice cubes. Please respond, CaptMick39...
__________________
www.anacapas.com

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women!
Christian Van H is offline  
Old 29-07-2009, 15:53   #170
Moderator Emeritus
 
David M's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Francisco Bay
Boat: research vessel
Posts: 10,150
After all this hootin' an hollerin', nobody thinks it could be caused both by nature and humans?

Quite often, the truth is found somewhere between the black and the white.
__________________
David

Life begins where land ends.
David M is offline  
Old 29-07-2009, 15:56   #171
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The boat lives at Fidalgo Island, PNW
Boat: 36' custom steel
Posts: 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDog View Post
The letter is not talking about global warming, it is talking about ocean acidification. In fact it never mentions global warming.

I think perhaps your knee jerks too much.
My thoughts exactly. Ocean acidification is not global warming in many respects. For starters, it's not a theory. It's a measured effect that we discovered after the fact.

That's why WM was right in sending the email, even if people are incapable of reading it.

Maybe someday WM should also send an email about global warming too. But as of yet they haven't.
__________________
John, sailing a custom 36' double-headed steel sloop--a 2001 derivation of a 1976 Ted Brewer design.
Hiracer is offline  
Old 29-07-2009, 16:11   #172
Marine Service Provider
 
Factor's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brisbane Australia
Boat: Corsair Dash MKII
Posts: 4,084
I refer to Mr Old Jersey's post where he asserts that he and his kind sacrifice a goat each day to ensure the rising of the new sun.

I call him on that statement, as I understand it where he lives is proximate to what we in God's Own refer to as Pommy Land (known to others as variously the UK, Great Britain, england etc). It is our clear understanding that the sun in fact never shines in that location of the world, that it is in fact a sad grey depressing environment.

I therefore conclude that the goat sacrificing is for other, as yet unknown to ordinary decent people, purposes.

Keep going with the climate change argument though folks, its a lot of fun.
__________________
Factor is offline  
Old 29-07-2009, 16:12   #173
Registered User
 
svHyLyte's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tampa Bay area, USA
Boat: Beneteau First 42
Posts: 3,434
Images: 25
Holocaust Denial in British Schools

See the following:

Teachers drop the Holocaust to avoid offending Muslims | Mail Online

Holocaust group slams British schools - Times Online

Schools drop Holocaust lessons | UK news | The Guardian
__________________
"It is not so much for its beauty that the Sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
svHyLyte is offline  
Old 29-07-2009, 16:16   #174
Moderator Emeritus
 
David M's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Francisco Bay
Boat: research vessel
Posts: 10,150
Now we are attempting to alter the historical record in order to placate a group of people? I always had the impression that it was better to learn by our past mistakes?
__________________
David

Life begins where land ends.
David M is offline  
Old 29-07-2009, 16:26   #175
Registered User
 
Christian Van H's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Princeton, NJ
Boat: Challenger Anacapa 42
Posts: 2,097
Images: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by David M View Post
Now we are attempting to alter the historical record in order to placate a group of people? I always had the impression that it was better to learn by our past mistakes?
It sure as hell is! I read all three links, and while I think those implicated are a gutless bunch, it seems to have been limited to a few instances. NOWHERE in those articles does it say that the schools taught "that it never happened". They, in their gutless ways, simply failed to mention it. In case there are worries that this is a conspiracy, they then state: "Teaching of the Holocaust is expected to become compulsory under the new national curriculum from next year"

I say it best be! No one should ever forget what happened under Hitler, ever.
__________________
www.anacapas.com

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women!
Christian Van H is offline  
Old 29-07-2009, 16:48   #176
Senior Cruiser
 
bstreep's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX/Port Aransas, TX
Boat: 1990 Macintosh 47, "Merlin"
Posts: 2,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneuman View Post
You can put the bus back in forward, it was 120 MILLION years ago:

He is looking for evidence that Antarctica was an interstate of sorts for animals moving from South America to Australia 120 million years ago, before Antarctica's temperature dropped and changed the environment from forests to freezing.
Researchers think Antarctica served as animals' interstate Knoxville News Sentinel

PLEASE go back to the original statement: He was talking about ICE CORES, not FOSSILS. YOUR article talks about fossils. The maximum age of ice cores (2.5 miles deep) is 420,000 years:

New Antarctic Ice Core Data

In other words, what the poster was saying is that there were palm trees on Antarctica long after it was moved to it's current position by plate tectonics.

Quit wasting my time. I've been wrong before, and I will be wrong again. You are wrong now. So just admit it and move on.
__________________
Bill Streep
San Antonio/Port Aransas, TX
bstreep is offline  
Old 29-07-2009, 18:19   #177
Moderator Emeritus
 
FrankZ's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chesapeake Bay
Boat: Bristol 35 Bellesa
Posts: 13,565
Images: 1
While this thread contains some interesting debate very little of it has to do directly with cruising or boating. We do not do political debate, that just is not what we are about. Since the moderation team has received requests to close this thread, and it does not seem to want to get back on topic (for this forum) it is now closed.
__________________

__________________
Sing to a sailor's courage, Sing while the elbows bend,
A ruby port your harbor, Raise three sheets to the wind.
......................-=Krynnish drinking song=-
FrankZ is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
West Marine Suprise ksmith Product or Service Reviews & Evaluations 45 14-05-2008 07:32



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:21.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.