Originally Posted by Aaza Dana
Fiddlesticks. Up to 84.2 now. That just can't be all muscle!
Bfast: small bowl of healthy bran stuff with low fat milk (
Lunch: cucumber, salmon & avocado salad (
), spicy tuna roll (
), four large shrimps in batter (
); one scoop ice-cream (
Dinner: cucumber, salmon & avocado salad (
Supper: four pineapple slices
OK, so because we went for Sushi at lunch time, I didn't pig out on fruit all day like I usually am; but I think to have gone UP two kilos is a little too much. That can't all be muscle! It looks like I'm gonna have to give up the sushi and revert back to the popcorn after all!!
I have been running half hour every day, and doing yoga sometimes too; and am enjoying the lifestyle changes. Oh well, fruit fast for me today!
Anyway, morning all, have a nice day!
I stopped weighing myself daily for the same reason, and i know focus less on the scale and more on the ruler. Water
, muscle, food
all change the bodies weight. It would get frustrating to me.
Before when I was dieting I would hit a plateau where I wouldn't seem to lose any weight for weeks, scale went up slightly. However when i did my photo
and measurements, I was down 3" in the waste and down in all other areas. With myself less then stellar numbers on the scale meant nothing as I was trimming down.
However I know the pain and it makes it very easy to want to give up, or try more drastic weight loss methods.
I was a baby fat kid, soft but not really big, When I got to highschool I played football, I have a big frame but football had me working out daily for 2-3 hours, I was in stellar shape 6 pack and everything. Then college came, I stopped playing football discovered beer
and pizza. Well it didn't take long to go from 6'3" 190lbs, to 250, I yo yo dieted up and down, by 30 I was at my heaviest 350lbs. size 44 pant. in 6 months eating practically nothing, working out all the time, I dropped to 250. gradually I ate more, worked out less, got back up to 300 in 3 months.
I am not down to 260lbs, it has taken me over a year to drop the 40 lbs. I have gained some muscle but I am now in a 38 pant. My goal is 225.
few things have worked for me thus far,
1. Staying on a diet I can maintain. Why bother if you don't ever want to eat the things that helped me lose weight again. I like a hamburger or chicken wings on occasion. I eat smaller portions, more veggies then I did before, but haven't done anything super drastic, sure I could lose it faster but I want to keep it off this time.
2. Exercise, sure on TV these people lose incredible amounts of weight in short periods of time, but they are in the gym 8 hours plus a day. I can only commit and hour. Some days more, but I make my self set aside an hour a day, could be 30 in the am 30 in the PM, but still 1 hour. If not my lifestyle, kids
, jobs etc etc etc. get in the way, I have done the work out as much as I possibly can, 4 hours plus a day, lost
the weight but because I couldn't maintain that I gained it back.
, I drink lots and lots of water, not this gets boring sometimes for me, and I grave the dreaded soda pop. Which I do allow myself on occasion. But I add some lemon or lime juice to the water, and it helps with that craving.
4. Booze, as I have gotten older beer
isn't that major for me, but I do like my vodka and rum
. I only drink socially, but when I do I limit myself, I also try to bring some wine into the mix, I am not a big wine drinker but I know it is better for me then some of the mixed drinks. But I am not kidding anyone if I say I will give up drinking, because I know I won't, I like to occassionally have a drink on the weekend or with dinner. Why deny yourself lifes pleasures.
5. Body cleansing. There are teas and pills you can get to clean out the system. I do this every 6 months, I do a week long cleansing. there are 30 day kits. Not the most fun you will ever have but I tend to lose a few pounds doing them and I do feel a burst of energy. There can be nasty things in the body that don't come out without help.
6. Vitamins, my dietitian gave me a list of about 40 pills to take a day, I laughed no way that will ever happen. I agreed on 2 multi vitamins. after about a week of taking them I had noticed a diffence in my energy and how I felt.
7. Surround yourself with people who respect what you are doing and can help motivate you. I love it when friends tell me I am looking good, gives me more insentive to keep going.
Understand not everything works for everyone. it is finding what works for you, never expect the quick rewards like you see on TV, I have been battling my weight for 15 years. and I finally feel like I am winning the battle.
I am going for chicken wings tonight, I know this so we will talk to the restaurant 5km each way, I will limit myself to a single
order and will have water with lime. I had a lighter lunch and breakfast knowing I will be having a high calorie and fat dinner.
You can do it, there seems to be lots of support here for you.