Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 21:02   #271
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)
Re: Wanted: Fat Sailors

I can't believe Saucy ( when she was know by another name) started this thread and it is still going. I quickly lost 10 lbs, since then I have gained back 6. Well, time to get back on the wagon.
Today-216 lbs, but exercising daily now.
s/v Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 22:57   #272
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyspilot View Post
£300 ($480??) pure wool, dark grey suit .... now unwearable because I have lost weight

None of my white cotton shirts fit either.... The necks are too big.

This weight loss business is going to cost me a bl**dy fortune.

Absolutely mate. Now, I just know your missus is a closet shopper - it's time to take her out on the town on a 100% commission. That means for every $300 of tasteful and well fitting new clothes she selects for you, she gets $300 of sexy underwear.

And you have to go along... the fun is in the choosing!
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:14   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySailoress View Post
Absolutely mate. Now, I just know your missus is a closet shopper - it's time to take her out on the town on a 100% commission. That means for every $300 of tasteful and well fitting new clothes she selects for you, she gets $300 of sexy underwear.

And you have to go along... the fun is in the choosing!
It is more complicated than that Kate. *She* is the primary cause of the 'biscuit barrel diet'. She is the one who declared that her excess weight HAD to come off, so I told her to stop snacking and she said that she did not snack, so I said 'yes you do and cheese and digestives are your worst weakness' so no more biscuits were purchased.

I have since gone from 208lbs to 193lb and she has lost 18lbs since Xmas. I did not realise that *I* was a phantom snacker as well. The solution to not eating the stuff was never to buy it NO MATTER HOW TEMPTING (hint for consumers of toffee coated popcorn.... )

The advantage to this was that no other changes to eating habits were required, so as long as we never buy biscuits the weight should stay off.

PS - We were out last night getting some stuff and she saw a blouse she rather fancied so I treated her .... OK, it's not lingerie, but even so....
mintyspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 14:15   #274
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

FINALLY!!!! I kicked a stone!!

After 5 weeks in the UK, on an awesome diet of After Eight Mints, Jaffa Cakes, Malt Loaf, Marmite on toast and crabsticks (all of which are expensive or banned in Kuwait), I am over the moon at having lost so much. It must be the cycling. I had to buy a bike, after they refused to rent me a car after doing a credit check on me... I have no credit, so I got no identity that they could find.

They said it was only cos in Liverpool so many people rent cars and simply don't bring them back.
Old 09-11-2011, 14:23   #275
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Wanted: Fat Sailors

Quote:

After 5 weeks in the UK, on an awesome diet of After Eight Mints, Jaffa Cakes, Malt Loaf, Marmite on toast and crabsticks (all of which are expensive or banned in Kuwait), I am over the moon at having lost so much. It must be the cycling. I had to buy a bike, after they refused to rent me a car after doing a credit check on me... I have no credit, so I got no identity that they could find.

They said it was only cos in Liverpool so many people rent cars and simply don't bring them back.
True that.... the Beamers, Jags etc all end up in the Gulf....
Landrovers are popular too
Congrats on the weight loss... got dem fine cheek bones back....??

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 14:27   #276
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

congratulations, saucy-- good on ye!! i know i will lose as soon as i stop drinking beer with my buddies..LOL
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 14:28   #277
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:

bikini shots please....... and welcome back
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 14:45   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
congratulations, saucy-- good on ye!! i know i will lose as soon as i stop drinking beer with my buddies..LOL
Zee, are you going off the planet? There are almost as many buddies as there are beer. But then there is always the teetotaler route.
Good on you Saucy for the weight loss.
John
Nusailr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:33   #279

Quote:

Hey Kate - I am doing things backwards. I have just replied to your PM and asked questions that you have just answered here. Whoops!

Great news on the weight loss, but I will not repeat myself by asking what I asked in the PM (if you get what I mean)
mintyspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:17   #280

Boat: Riviera 35

Quote:
Where d'ya think I got mine from?
A reasonable person, accepts the Status Quo. An unreasonable person, wants to change it. All progress is therefore made by unreasonable people. Me, I'm just apathetic about the status quo. I think we want it back.
MoonlightShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:47   #281
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

It turns out y'all were right. Going cruising makes weight loss kick in! Can't remember what I was then, but after 6 months on the sea I'm down to 71kg.

Edit: I just checked... I said I wanted to lose twenty kilos at half kg a week. In actual fact, I have lost 15kg at a rate of half kg a month! I'm happy with that. I'm slimmer, healthier and eating better foods. Whod'a thunk that cashew nuts and noodles would make such a great meal!

Who wants to bump start and talk about ways to lose weight again?
Old 08-11-2013, 07:13   #282
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
I sailed across the pond several times and each time I put on weight !

Dave
Old 08-11-2013, 07:32   #283

Boat: 42' Colvin Gazelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
I sailed across the pond several times and each time I put on weight !

Dave
Same thing here! I deliver boats for a living and always seem to pick up 10 lbs on the month or more longer jobs. Twice daily routine of bed to galley to pilothouse and return may have something to do with it Far more active at home, car free so I bicycle or walk everywhere, a level of activity not possible on a boat.
Sailormantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:10   #284
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)

Funny that you would start this thread again SS. This spring lost 30 lbs by strict diet and exercise. 6weeks of cruising (moving every day) maintained wt but gained upper body muscle. Fell off the wagon this fall, gained back 17 lbs. Now I am working out and watching what I am eating (again).
Some day I am going to get on that boat and not look back....
s/v Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:17   #285
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

It's been a slow journey, but worth it. I just read back, and we started off in Summer 2010 with me having just had an accident, landing in ICU, hospital a month, bed arrest for the rest of the summer. In that period my weight shot up from 74kg to 82kg.

Well, after that I went back into hospital to have a kidney removed, and spent the rest of that academic year going to school (I was still teaching at the time), going home, sleeping, eating dinner at 7.30pm when husband would wake me with it ready, back to sleep, school in the morning. By the following summer (2011) I was up to 86kg.

Spring of 2012 I started walking dogs at a shelter. I have constantly lost weight since then (now at 71kg), at an incredibly slow rate of half a kg a month. Slow perhaps... but hopefully I'll be able to maintain the lifestyle this time!