Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 02-03-2013, 12:09   #31

Boat: PDQ 36
Re: The People You Meet

Jongleur

Yeah...sorry.. it is a little windy..but, I thought sailors like windy..perhaps not an ill wind, or being downwind (in the lee) from the privy though. This thread kind of ties in a number of other innocuous threads and is intended to make people think, laugh, or perhaps just relax a little. It may help to imagine yourself on one of those new-fangled roller-coasters where you stand up, you're wearing a tuxedo, but not the Sean Connery style, more like the Roger Craig style with just a hint of bodily fluid, and you're watching a grand performance of Macbeth on a CRT implanted in your mind's eye. Let me know if that helps at all. To please the mods, I insert vaguely nautical references IAW the CF guidelines.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:11   #32
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cascade, Sloop, 42 - "Casual"

Aloha and welcome aboard!
Thanks for your service. Our credit accounts have the same address it seems. Vienna is a popular place.
Good to have you here and posting.
kind regards,

Old 02-03-2013, 12:16   #33
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34

NautiBits, have you read "The Boat Who Would Float" by Farley Mowat? has a great tale of the boat buying experience :-)

Welcome aboard,
Erika
Old 02-03-2013, 12:26   #34

Boat: PETERSON 44
The Boat that Wouldn't float "wouldn't ".

Fun read.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:35   #35
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling View Post
Bravo SIR! And welcome!

It appears we have an American Texan version of DOJ on the forum now. OUTSTANDING!

If there is ever a subject that the two of you disagree on in a thread......that thread will be EPIC!
Well, seems that the new gunslinger in town gets on ok with Satan - and given that I was once called "the most evil person they had ever met*" I reckon we are starting on solid ground........

(*my response was that they should get out more )
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:38   #36

Gotta catch up..gotta catch up..SQUIRREL!!

AiniA: Cool a palindrome...oooohhh...Sorry, computer geek squeeking in there.

Yes, the British are great planners. They assembled a great Empire and carefully disassembled it over a period of years beginning with a pesky handful of ne're-do-wells on the east coast of North Americay. As for the Marines at the Aussie Rules Football match, I'd think they'd love it. As Gord stated, what Marine doesn't get all misty eyed reminiscing about Parris Island. For them, that is Paradise Island. Unlike the other military services (Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard (sometimes)), each and every Marine, from Infantryman (hoo-ahhh!) to clerk-typist and Chaplain's assistant are absolute killing machines. They all love mud. I am not being facetious. The intensity of their feelings toward these attributes is only surpassed by their devotion to their beloved Corps. This is to be admired. So, when they saw the footballers vigorously beating the snot out of each other in that vast field of mud, I'm guessing they were experiencing a certain sexual healing. US Marines meeting real people. Good stuff...
Old 02-03-2013, 12:46   #37

Let us see how this works...

GordMay
Quote:
Originally Posted by NautiBits
... As we all know, people tend to disbelieve what they don't understand. Thusly, my freshly minted English professor may have mused that this raggedy Brooklyn mutt, who could barely speak discernible English ....
I don't believe it.

That didn't work. Oh well,I'll try to repost again later. Sorry, I don't pretend to know everything.

Gord, I detect a certain sly undercurrent of jocularity in your post. I knew the mods had a sense of humor. No sense perhaps, but that depends on the person, and the situation in question. I loves me some peoples
Old 02-03-2013, 13:03   #38
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabray View Post
The Boat that Wouldn't float "wouldn't ".

Fun read.
Thanks sebray! I'd blame it on spell check if I could

Old 02-03-2013, 13:08   #39

Boat: Catalina 30

NautiBits wrote:

... windy.. sailors windy.. ill wind, downwind (in the lee).... other innocuous threads... think, laugh...relax. new-fangled roller-coasters...tuxedo, ... Sean Connery...Roger Craig...Macbeth...CRT...eye.

Let me know if that helps...nautical references...

Hm. Yeah. Oh, yes. That clears everything up. I'm back on track now. Right there with ya... Righto, righto. You're standing on my rightoe...
jongleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 13:26   #40

DonL:

Yep! Like I said, he(the Prince of Darkness) seemed like good people to me too.

Gelfling:

Are you from Middle Earth? Alas, I'm not a real Texan. I was stationed here back in the eighties, purchased a tiny little parcel, and rented it out ever since. My daughter is stationed here now, and is living in the house. One of my son's was born here. He's the Real Texan and has the hat, belt buckle, and brass balls to prove it. I'm just an hornery kid from Brooklyn.
I honestly did not stumble in here to steal anybody's thunder. I could see DOJ and I taking opposite sides of one of the nut-job arguments(discussions?) on CF. Then we would switch sides after about 5 pages of posts, step back after swatting the hornets nest a few times, and watch the implosion from the safety of the internet.

SkiprJohn:

That reminds me of my visit to Hitler's Vienna. The Admiral was haunting me about always wanting to visit Vienna. It had something to do with Mozart, or one of those piano players. We had just completed a tour of the newly open eastern europe and were heading back to the vastly more expensive western europe. I was a young Staff Sergeant travelling with the family (Admiral, three rug-rats, and granny) in a diesel(sorry, I loves me some diesels) powered Toyota van. We were having fun on our budget and we all had a blast. We had a plan though. Playing baccarat with the nobles in Vienna was not on that plan. So, I drove straight through the center of Vienna, stopped at every freaking red-light, and went right out the other side. Twenty years later, I still think it is hilarious. But, I'm a guy.

Ocean Girl and Sabray:

I do not know the book, but I'll put it on my list. Thanks.

DOJ:

Greetings! Even if you are Satan, I think everybody deserves a chance. In my fifty-something years I have been called mean things also. Reflecting back, some of it was deserved. I think I'm way more mature now. But, I ain't dead yet. I like to have too. En Garde!
Old 02-03-2013, 13:44   #41

Jongleur:

I sense exasperation. I get it. Someone will sooner or later send me a pm with the secret sauce for cutting and pasting the pertinent thread bits so that the reply matches something close by and the reader does not necessarily have to go back to Genesis to decode the entire thread. I could look it up, but this is one of the ways we meet people.

I am recovering from a spate of cabin fever as I have been teaching(?) high school age kids for some time and having an intelligent conversation is not part of the job description. That conversation would, of course, pertain to speaking with the administrators of the school. It is all good. I'm looking forward to teaching again when we get to the next destination.

Maybe the mods could work up some 3-D glasses for my threads?
Old 02-03-2013, 13:48   #42
Wayfaring Mariner

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Skookum 53'

Welcome to the forum.
Old 02-03-2013, 14:07   #43

Capn58:

Thanks. Your quote describes my life. With a relatively low count of repeated mistakes, I've still managed to accumulate a sizable load of experience.
Old 02-03-2013, 15:04   #44

Boat: Catalina 30

NautiBits wrote:

I sense exasperation.

No, no. I'm enjoying every (Nauti)bit(s) of the repartee.
jongleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 15:17   #45
Head in a locker

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Beneteau 461 47'
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarrey View Post

Close! He's a jet skier.
..a jet skier without a tow...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: