The reason I chose the Placa d'Espanya is
1/... both the bus and rail network are based there.
2/. The Meson el Rocio is authentic Spanish Tapas/food.
3/. If for any reason we want to change venue, there are about 50 different retaurants within 5 minutes walk and still close to the central transport hub.
For thos of you who berth in Palma a lot, and want to get around the city, you can buy a bus card from a newsagent for 10EUR which will give you 15EUR worth of trips..just hold it up to the machine on a bus and it will beep. as local trips cos 1.50EUR each, it gives you good value at 1EUR each!
Some things I use when traveling abroad either via boat
- I have a SKYPE world wide free call subscription.
- I have a UK phone number and a USA phone number.
- This allows me to carry either number all the time wherever I am in the world and people can call me as long as I have an internet connection at the local rate of the country of the number if they are calling from that country.
- I can call most countries to a land line for free.
- It costs me about $200 a year all in for the number and service.
I have pm'd you all with my email
, SKPE chat and phone number.
Any others in the locale please feel free to meet up with us. We are just going to say hi and put faces to our inane ramblings and prove to each other that we are normal people......... er... ok.
So far it will be 5 including me......
I have suggested we do a final confirm on Monday 30th June as we all will be in Mallorca.
Looking at my schedule, It is possible that after my Seminar in Zaragoza, I will be returning to the Mallorca clinic for the remainder of the month of July.... so if you guys are around still, we can talk boats and stuff. I have to go look at a Catamaran
that is coming in to Soller at some stage in July.