Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-03-2009, 09:45   #1

Boat: 1976,Irwin 37 CC, Blue Bayou
Stupid Laws

1. In Reno
, Nevada, it is illegal to lie down on the sidewalk for any period of time.
2. In Indiana, it is illegal for anyone 14 and up to profanely curse, damn, or swear to God, Jesus Christ, or the Holy Ghost.
3. In Jefferson Parish, it is illegal to pour a drink on the ground of a drive-in theatre.
4. In Eagle, Idaho, it is illegal for a person to sweep dirt from ones house into the street.
5. In Cheyenne, Wyoming, it is illegal to spit on the steps of a school building.
6. In Nome, Alaska, it is illegal to roam the streets with bow and arrows.
7. In Arizona, it is illegal to sell ?imitation cocaine?.
8. In Wyoming, it is illegal to wear a hat that obstructs a person's view in a public theatre or place of amusement.
9. In Boulder, Colorado, boulders may not be rolled onto the city property.
10. In West Virginia, it is illegal to have sex with an animal as long as that animal does not exceed 40 lbs.
11. In Maine, you will receive a fine for having Christmas decorations still up after January 14th.
12. In California, animals are banned from mating publicly within 2,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
13. In Louisiana, every time somebody is burned, he or she must report it to the fire marshal.
14. In Arizona, there is a possible 25 years in prison for cutting down a cactus.
15. In Indiana, it is illegal for a man to be sexually aroused in public.
16. In Colorado, no liquor may be sold on Sundays or election days.
17. In Delaware, ?R? rated movies are not allowed to be played at drive-in movie theatres.
18. In West Virginia, unmarried couples who are living together and ?lewdly associate? with one another may face up to a year in prison.
19. In Alhambra, California, you may not leave your car parked in the street overnight without the proper permit.
20. In Arizona, hunting camels is against the law.
21. In West Virginia, the public act of swearing has a fine of one dollar.
22. In Topeka, Kansas, it is illegal to drive ones car through a parade.
23. In Alaska, waking a sleeping bear to take pictures is prohibited.
24. In Bettendorf, Iowa, liquor stores may not have advertisements for alcoholic beverages outside the store.
25. In Kentucky, throwing eggs at a public speaker could result in up to 1 year in prison.
Stupid La
mmckee1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 09:57   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
What's so stupid about those laws?

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 10:42   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
Quote:
What's so stupid about those laws?
Seems like most of them make sense. Collecting $1 for swearing might actually work. I would say I'm against hunting camels too especially in Nome , AK with a bow and arrow.

Having been the last age group eligible for being drafted I thought that was pretty silly too.
Pblais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 13:41   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Research vessel for a university, retired now.
Some actually make some sense. Like not dumping your drinks in a movie theater. That's just rude and could cause someone, especially an elderly person to slip and really hurt themselves.

People who spit in public has always bothered me as well. I think it is really gross and unnecessary.

The law about not mating with animals under 40 pounds? Its bizarre that a law like that even has to exist.

Life begins where land ends.
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 13:45   #5

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David M View Post
Some actually make some sense. Like not dumping your drinks in a movie theater. That's just rude and could cause someone, especially an elderly person to slip and really hurt themselves.

People who spit in public has always bothered me as well. I think it is really gross and unnecessary.

The law about not mating with animals under 40 pounds? Its bizarre that a law like that even has to exist.
Drive-in movie theater.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 16:04   #6

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran
A few years ago the town of Enumclaw Washington had a court case over some guys who had sex with a horse, the result of which was, it's illegal to have sex with an animal unless the animal "enjoys it" !

Steve B.
senormechanico is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 16:30   #7

Boat: 1974 Sabre 28 Mk I - Icefire
Here's one for you:

In Boston, 7 or more women, who are not related, living together legally constitutes a brothel. Thus, there are no Sorrority Houses within the city limits.

That actually seems to match up quite well, if you think about it.

-Alexei
Alexei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 16:32   #8
Back to the game

Boat: Pearson Countess 44 wannabe
I am wondering who made those laws? Politicians or Walmart's management?
Old 31-03-2009, 17:54   #9

Boat: Crescendo
These are blue laws. Who made them? Idiots, fascists, and other small closed minded criminals. They should be called anti-trust laws. Anyone stupid enough to obey these should seek professional help.
Old 31-03-2009, 17:56   #10

Boat: Crescendo
Here are some more for you...

In Oklahoma, it is illegal to seduce a virgin by promising to marry her.
In indiana it is illegal for a man to have a visable erection even if he is wearing pants.
In Arkansas sodomy is illegal.
Old 31-03-2009, 17:58   #11
Back to the game

Boat: Pearson Countess 44 wannabe
Are these type of laws made primarily in the US or all over?
Old 31-03-2009, 18:30   #12

Actually, sodomy is illegal in many state. Even worse, oral sex falls under sodomy statutes. I wish I were making this up.

Brett
LtBrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:09   #13

Boat: 1976,Irwin 37 CC, Blue Bayou
These are just the tip of the ice burg. You wouldn't belive the number of stupid laws that are out there. Google "Stupid laws" and you'll find that you can see other stupid laws from all over the world, we aren't the only one's that waste time and money out there.

Mike
mmckee1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:54   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei View Post
Here's one for you:

In Boston, 7 or more women, who are not related, living together legally constitutes a brothel. Thus, there are no Sorrority Houses within the city limits.

That actually seems to match up quite well, if you think about it.

-Alexei

The sorority girls started turning a few tricks and they were able to waive the dues and build up the party fund pretty quickly.
TexSail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:34   #15

Stupidity

Dearly beloved…we gather here to say our goodbyes. Here he lies…

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always fair, and maybe it was my fault.
Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place.

Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate and teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Panadol, sun lotion or a sticky plaster to a student; but, could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar can sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else is to Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.
scott ashby is offline   Reply With Quote